✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Song WORTH Downloading...written/sung by a boardmember!!

Oh HoNEy

:o l heard three MORE songs by Phil!!!

1. see you soon

2. when you take this away, all that's left is emotion

3. your eyes still burn bright

and they're brilliant too!! whenever l get the link l will post it here! :D

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I checked out your mp3s, and now that my DSL is back on-line, I'll start out with a question, then I'll get to the review.

Q) are you satisfied with the recordings? Meaning, if you came out with an album, the songs would be produced just the way they are now (which from what I heard were mostly acoustic) Or, are you doing what you can, just recording the songs acoustic so that people can get a feel of it.

IMO, Tell it Like it is (which is my favorite of the three) has the definite potential to sound awesome with a whole band, not really pumped up, it would disturb the flow of the song. Anyway, The 2nd song was interesting, I liked the spoken word element to it. The third song has that raw, coffeehouse feel to it. Speaking of which, do you play out, like at open mic nights, or concerts? If not, i think you definitely should. There's nothing better for a singer/songwriter than playing at Open Mic Nights. I can definitely see a lot of potential in your songwriting, which comes from the experimental element to it, especially the guitar chords, which is how I play too. I even recognized some of those experimental chords you played. Most people would say "what is that????"

If I had to make an assumption, I'd guess you were self-taught like me. IMO, Self-taught is the way to go, you become more original as a musician. And listening to these songs, I dont notice any striking resemblances to other musicians, which is a really good thing. People compare me to Coldplay and John Mayer, and that might be a good thing, but I dont want to be labeled like that. So you have a good thing going for you.

The only advice I can give is just get out there and play for people. Usually I hear a lot of simple songs, and I give those people advice such as "experiment more, find your own style" but I can see you've already found it. You have this element that I'd like to call "Alternatrance." basically music that cant be defined by one genre (basically alternative) and when you listen to it, it puts you in a trance (not to be confused with dozing off). Actually, I just pulled that name out of my ass, but it'll come in handy from now on when people ask me what kinda music I play, hah. I love looking out and seeing people who are normally really hyper and talkative staring off into space while I'm playing a mellow song. And watching a stranger who's there for coffee and a chat stop talking in mid-sentence during one of my songs and forget what they were talking about. Thats something that I can notice in your songs.

The guy who opened for me last night played almost entirely simple songs (a lot of basic strumming and chord progressions like G, C, D) and that may do it for a lot of people, but after a while, it becomes a cliche. I notice during open mic nights, that I doze off during the simple songs, and go into trances during the experimental songs, because it has this "new" feeling. So There, before I just go off and write a book on music, I'll stop there. hah. Good work. And get out there before the music industry misses out on another good songwriter.

wow, man that's awesome!!!!!

you have no idea how much that means, really... because the things you have mentioned are good are the things i was really going for... especially the 'alternatrance' thing, great term! :D

yep, self-taught- i agree, it's a much more natural way to learn, it makes songwriters less restricted i find...

and it's so good to see someone pick up on the unusual chords!!

as for playing live- that's something i'm building up to- i have a confidence problem... but it's one i'm intending to overcome soon :)

a problem with me is, a lot of my material has about 4 guitar parts playing simultaneously so there's no way they could be stripped down to just one acoustic part.. so i'm having to rework all songs which could work live, it's a bit of a drudge... but that's what i'm doing at the moment...

i'm putting out a cd at the moment, a 6 track demo which i will use to start getting gigs and to get people listening to the work i've done so far... until then, i'll keep writing and trying things out :)

thankyou SO much for taking the time to listen and comment in such detail, that's really the kind of feedback that makes a difference :)