✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay offer 'Fix You' To Charity Ad

Proper copywrite law goes thus:

Movie producers have the right to use any song of their choice in promoational ads for their movies as long as it's only a 30 second clip and has no words.

The same criteria matches with TV shows and promo ads, as long as the promo does not air on an outside channel. It is perfectly legal to use a song with no prior permission or payment.

For an advertisement that will be on many channels and will most likely include the words, however, the producer is legally obligated to ask permission and pay a sum of money for the use of the song. Though, I'm sure Coldplay did not charge them anything for using the song.

I soud so official! :laugh3:

HAHAH omg thats probably the most brutal sig. picture i've ever seen in my life few words... neways they said they dont use ne of their music for marketing purposes, wouldn't a movie ad be a marketing purpose ??

P.S. Gatorade commercial as well

I already explained... they have no say wether or not a movie producer can use their song in a trailer as long as it's under 30 seconds and has no lyrics. The producer has the right to do that and even the artist of the song can't stop them.

And WHAT Gatorade commercial? I think you're thinking of the time that they turned down $5 million that Gatorade offered so they could use 'Yellow' in one of their ads.

Wow' date=' that's such an incredible thing to do. My Mum died of cancer a couple of months ago and since then Fix You has meant even more to me, and I love it even more, so to have Fix You associated with Cancer Research will be very special. A song that means a lot to an awful of people [/i']

:)

fixed i can totaly relate to you.....i lost my dad to cancer' date='last year..so i can say i understand...music definately helps me nowadays in ways i cant explain[/quote']Fixed and bedofroses...you have my condolences. I lost my mom to cancer as well. I agree that music is powerful...it can be very healing. 'Fix You', for me, holds special meaning.

Well, I had breast cancer in 97, went through a partial mastectomy and and 6 weeks of radiation and has not come back so far! So yes, cancer, it comes when you least expect it...didn't even know I had it...just went for a regular exam and bam! there it was, the kind that kills you in 6 months! It was a real shocker! So, I guess I can be called a survivor. And cheers to the band for doing this...that's why I love them so much! :)

One of my friends at school has been struggling with Leukemia (sp?) for three years now. She just had a relapse, and the doctors are only giving her two months to live.

I need everyone's prayers for her. None of us want to lose her, and she doesn't deserve to go.

I offer my heartfelt condolences to all of you who have lost someone to this awful disease. :( It really does touch everyones lives.

Airieslady, congratulations on your successful battle. What an intense emotional, as well as physical, struggle. My aunt is a breast cancer survivor too.

Will, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :( I'm not religious and I don't pray, but I will send positive thoughts her way. What is her name?

One of my friends at school has been struggling with Leukemia (sp?) for three years now. She just had a relapse, and the doctors are only giving her two months to live.

I need everyone's prayers for her. None of us want to lose her, and she doesn't deserve to go.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :( She is in my thoughts and prayers.

airieslady...so glad that to hear that your treatment for breast cancer was successful. You've got a positive attitude and that's a big part of the battle.