✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay offer 'Fix You' To Charity Ad

Best-selling band Coldplay is to allow one of its songs to be used for an advertisement for the first time.

The band, led by Chris Martin, who is married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow, has steadfastly refused to allow its music to be used for marketing purposes so far. However, it is now permitting charity Cancer Research UK to use the song “Fix You” on a forthcoming campaign.

Paltrow’s father, the director and producer Bruce Paltrow, died in 2002 of pneumonia and complications associated with a recurrence of cancer.

The charity would not confirm the campaign but said that it would make an announcement in a few weeks. Coldplay’s publishing rights are handled by BMG Music Publishing.

Coldplay released the album X & Y in June last year and the band played at Live8 in support of the Make Poverty History coalition last summer. Martin and Paltrow had a second baby, Moses, earlier this month.

Meanwhile, Coca-Cola Co has unveiled its campaign featuring a specially composed track by Jack White of The White Stripes. The song, Love Is The Truth, and accompanying promo film is to be shown at 1.55 am Sunday during The Album Chart Show as a special event. The film was created by Mother for Coca-Cola.

Source: http://www.mad.co.uk

Wow, that's such an incredible thing to do. My Mum died of cancer a couple of months ago and since then Fix You has meant even more to me, and I love it even more, so to have Fix You associated with Cancer Research will be very special. A song that means a lot to an awful of people :)

Kelly' date=' if I'm not wrong, there was a special iTunes/Coldplay ad about X&Y iTunes version... I know it's not the same thing coz the aim was to sell their album but it's still an ad which was also to 'selling' iTunes ;)[/quote']

really i didnt know that....ahh i look dumb now..i guess i will go eat my hat! :laugh4:

LMFAO!!!!! :laugh4:man you are funny...never thought of that!:laugh4: but yes ok i will go eat my condom hat...chris included i mean he wears it after all :sneaky: oh god that sounded much worse than i entended it too :laugh4:..i should shut up now..*cowers*

Wow' date=' that's such an incredible thing to do. My Mum died of cancer a couple of months ago and since then Fix You has meant even more to me, and I love it even more, so to have Fix You associated with Cancer Research will be very special. A song that means a lot to an awful of people :)[/quote']

oh my god, Fixed... That is horrible... I truly offer my condolences..:( :kiss:

I'm glad that you can find solace in Coldplay.

Thanks an_cat :) A Bittersweet Symphony life most certainly is, whether you're a fan of Richard Ashcroft or not :) But music, and Coldplay in particular, and Fix You in particular again, have been more helpful than I could ever imagine. All of a sudden though, a lot of songs take on a completely different meaning to me. This isn't a sob story, just A Message to everyone that music IS power :)

Thanks an_cat :) A Bittersweet Symphony life most certainly is' date=' whether you're a fan of Richard Ashcroft or not :) But music, and Coldplay in particular, and Fix You in particular again, have been more helpful than I could ever imagine. All of a sudden though, a lot of songs take on a completely different meaning to me. This isn't a sob story, just A Message to everyone that music IS power :)[/quote']

fixed i can totaly relate to you.....i lost my dad to cancer,last year..so i can say i understand...music definately helps me nowadays in ways i cant explain

thankyou very much kara...appreciate it.yea it was and has been tough..still is sometimes...but you gotta get through what life throws at you..sorry i know i shouldnt be saying all this i mean you dunno what to say,you feel awkward i guess.....lol. but yea fix you lovely song...

I offer my condolences to anyone here that has been affected by cancer. It seems that almost everyone in the world knows someone (Close to them or otherwise) that has been afflicted with cancer.

It's really good to know Coldplay allowed their song to be associated with an orginization that battles something that is so far reaching as cancer.

Can't wait to see the ads.