July 28, 201115 yr I got the Amazon.com 7" that they listed as "Capitol," the CD is definitely Capitol (got mine from Amazon), but the 7" is still the EU Parlophone release. Figured as such, but wanted to put it out there.
July 28, 201115 yr Ok so at the moment, the official CD releases known so far are: EU, US and Canadian Promo's are: 2 UK versions and US version, right ?
August 4, 201115 yr Does anyone have both the US and Canadian ETIAW singles and can post the back cover, just to see the difference? :)
August 4, 201115 yr Does anyone have both the US and Canadian ETIAW singles and can post the back cover, just to see the difference? :) I only have the canadian one. It's hard to see, but I think the only difference is at the bottom, last line, on the right hand side of the barcode: it says Made In Canada. Well the line right above that also says the it's manufactured in Canada. Also, I think the US one doesn't have the EMI logo I think The Us one probably has a bit less writing on the back, and the FBI piracy warning logo. Hope this kinda helps, but I'm looking into buying a US cardsleeve so as soon as I get it, I'll let you know
August 4, 201115 yr Thank you Evelien, so I should have the Canadian on its way soon. I was looking for the US one, I've checked both amazon.com and newburycomics (bought from them twice before), it would be $10.35 with the first and $9.98 with the second to Europe, and they should both sell the Capitol only version :) edit: stupid me I just saw you already posted the scans on your website
August 9, 201115 yr My collection says: Studio albums: - Parachutes - A rush of blod to the head - X&Y - Viva la vida or death and all of his friends Live: - Coldplay Live 2003 - LRLRL EP: - Brothers and Sisters - Prospekt's March - ETIAW (iTunes digital version) Singles: - Christmas Lights
August 9, 201115 yr I only have the canadian one. It's hard to see, but I think the only difference is at the bottom, last line, on the right hand side of the barcode: it says Made In Canada. Well the line right above that also says the it's manufactured in Canada. Also, I think the US one doesn't have the EMI logo I think The Us one probably has a bit less writing on the back, and the FBI piracy warning logo. Hope this kinda helps, but I'm looking into buying a US cardsleeve so as soon as I get it, I'll let you know You've got it mostly right. US has the FBI piracy logo, then the Capitol logo, then the EMI logo across the back cover (above the tiny writing and UPC code). Then, at the very end, before the UPC number, it says "Printed in the USA." Just got full Internet back up (yay!). So I can scan it later for you, if you still need it.:-)
August 10, 201115 yr nowadys all cds inc Prospekts and LRL and viva like 4 times Viva signed one singles: only trobule from parachutes all of Arobtth except GPASUYF fix you and speed of sound of x&Y all viva ones except lovers and lost Etiaw live 2003 2 versions x and y latin edition viva dvd with videos and one or 2 more that I dont remember :P
August 10, 201115 yr You've got it mostly right. US has the FBI piracy logo, then the Capitol logo, then the EMI logo across the back cover (above the tiny writing and UPC code). Then, at the very end, before the UPC number, it says "Printed in the USA." Just got full Internet back up (yay!). So I can scan it later for you, if you still need it.:-) I'm always up for a fresh load of scans, you know that :P oh and btw, could you also tell me what the catalogue number is of the Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 12" vinyl promo ?
August 10, 201115 yr Ohh... I admire you I only have: - Parachutes - A rush of blod to the head - X&Y - Viva la vida or death and all of his friends - Live 2003
August 11, 201115 yr You've got it mostly right. US has the FBI piracy logo, then the Capitol logo, then the EMI logo across the back cover (above the tiny writing and UPC code). Then, at the very end, before the UPC number, it says "Printed in the USA." Just got full Internet back up (yay!). So I can scan it later for you, if you still need it.:-) I'm always up for a fresh load of scans, you know that :P oh and btw, could you also tell me what the catalogue number is of the Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends 12" vinyl promo ? Thank you girls, you're always so helpful..might as well order from amazon.com then, at least they send to Italy, while a lot of american ebayers don't or ask for expensive registered mail, I never had any problems with items from the US so it really bothers me that I'm missing on a lot of things because they had to deal with stupid Italian ebayers :(
August 11, 201115 yr If it means anything, I buy a LOT from amazon.ca, amazon.UK and amazon.de! They usually have better prices than a lot of ebayers and have better shipping rates. I haven't shipped to Italy in years, but I dont remember the rate being terribly different from other EU countries? I'd have gotten a second and sent it to you, but chances are Amazon gets better post rates. :-/ If you think of it, (for you doritji or axe) hit me up for any upcoming US releases you guys want. I get free shipping from Amazon to my house. Then it'd just be post USPS to you. (usually around $10 US for first class postage, 7-10 day, but sometimes cheaper, depends on the weight). Not sure how that compares with Amazon.com, but never hesitate to ask if I can get and send it cheaper for you three. @doritji, I will totally get you the scan of the US ETIAW and any serial numbers from that vinyl. I'm on shift through Friday morning, so will try to get those to you that evening. :-)
August 11, 201115 yr If it means anything, I buy a LOT from amazon.ca, amazon.UK and amazon.de! They usually have better prices than a lot of ebayers and have better shipping rates. I haven't shipped to Italy in years, but I dont remember the rate being terribly different from other EU countries? I'd have gotten a second and sent it to you, but chances are Amazon gets better post rates. :-/ If you think of it, (for you doritji or axe) hit me up for any upcoming US releases you guys want. I get free shipping from Amazon to my house. Then it'd just be post USPS to you. (usually around $10 US for first class postage, 7-10 day, but sometimes cheaper, depends on the weight). Not sure how that compares with Amazon.com, but never hesitate to ask if I can get and send it cheaper for you three. @doritji, I will totally get you the scan of the US ETIAW and any serial numbers from that vinyl. I'm on shift through Friday morning, so will try to get those to you that evening. :-) Oh really thanks, for the moment the only thing I need could be the US capitol Etiaw, seeing that the only US proper capitol issue is the custom etiaw cd. If I decide to buy it I'll inform u :). If I need anything else I'll alert u. Really thanks!
August 11, 201115 yr Yeah I always check with the various amazon because it happened to me as well that they had a lower price, the only problem is that sometimes they have a few versions of a release listed but the description is not really helpful to understand what's the difference. Thanks for offering to help, I'm gonna order from amazon.com this time, we'll see when LP5 is coming out if I'm gonna need your help :nice:
August 11, 201115 yr :-) no biggie. Like I said, amazon might be able to ship it cheaper most of the time. But if they ever try to inflate postage, I'm always here. :-). It's mostly fun to use google to translate the pages I can't work through on my own. :-)
August 12, 201115 yr Looks ilke we're all set for a new collectors era. there's already mention of limited editions :p
August 13, 201115 yr yes and just how limited it will be. I hope it's not like the Christmas Lights thingie. I wouldn't mind if it's somewhat limited, but it has to be possible to find for a decent price
August 13, 201115 yr It'll probably be "limited" like the 7" singles box set. 50000 made or something gigantic like that. I'd guess $75 US retail. So SO anxious for the pre-order to start.
Create an account or sign in to comment