✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How many offical cd's of Coldplay do you have?

just_cass

Saw that up on eBay a bit ago! Researched the hell out of it, but really couldn't find a whole lot. I did learn that it's probably not a bootleg. See a few The Hit Factory produced vinyls out there for other bands, but the price points vary from £38-£110, seemingly depending on the band and length of the record (couple track Depeche Mode was low, a full length Pere Ubu was on the high end). Found no other CP copy. I definitely think the CP vinyl is real, and not a high production bootleg, but I never learned why is was made. Doesn't seem like a pre-production acetate, but didn't think any radio DJs spun vinyl anymore.

I wanted to pull the trigger on this so bad, but just couldn't justify the price point with the lack of info. If anyone knows more, I'm extremely curious!

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denise said on my Coldplay Discography Facebook page, that there was another CP one, but that she can' remember which songs were on there.

I think it's weid that they only record those songs though. It has got something to do with the fact that they premiered those songs there.

Edit: for the ones that want to know, it got sold for 200 $

I think there are 2 Charlie Brown promo singles: UK and US. I just bought a copy and turns out it has that writing on the lower front like during the VLV-era. I checked the copies on eBay and they are all 'empty' on the front side

Edit: here's the US promo front side

Coldplay-Charlie-Brown-553730.jpg

Going to blow new life into this thread with another question: anybody know what this is?

170674163177.jpg

I can't say a lot but I have bought it.

Seems to be a bootleg, released a few months before MX releases. I don't know about audio source & never tried to play it.

It's a 10'' onesided thick vinyl. It has a few matrice writings on the A-Side: "june. 4, 2011" ""ROT 663/1" "#4732-AA" & two others writings I can't read...

It's housed on a yellow/brown paper sleeve (like shown in your picture with a transparent paper sleeve on the center that lets appear the label.

My copy has a puch hole on the left top of the sleeve. Can't tell you if it has any meaning.

I'm a bit confused, because "the hit factory London" seems to have been disolved something like 14 years ago.

I'd be interessed to know more about it. Tell me please If you find further information :-) .

See You Soon

Well that is quite a lot of info anyway, do you remember if another copy with two different songs was sold on ebay? I'm starting to think I dreamt about it :lol:

Here's another question, did anyone ever ordered from amazon.cn? I usually buy my Chinese releases in China, but I have no idea when (but above all if) I'm going there again, so was wondering if anyone had any experience with their service : )

Mylo Xyloto

X&Y

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

And I might be getting the GPASUYF single soon

I found a copy on amazon.com and it looks kind of suspicious:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/God-Smile-Upon-Your-Face/dp/B0000CER7L]Amazon.com: God Put a Smile Upon Your Face: Coldplay: Music[/ame]

It has 6 tracks instead of 2, which it says on their website.

There are loads of versions of GPASUYF which include more than 2 tracks. However, the trackilisting given there isn't correct: there are 8 tracks, the last 2 are videos (Clocks and In My Place official videos).

This release could be one from the Phillipines, Thailand, Malaysia, China or Taiwan. You'll have to wait to confirm untill you have it in your hands. But, it definitely excists.

Hope it kind of helped...

There are loads of version of GPASUYF which include more than 2 tracks. However, the trackilisting given there isn't correct: there are 8 tracks, the last 2 are videos (Clocks and In My Place offivial videos).

This release could be one from the Phillipines, Thailand, Malaysia, China or Taiwan. You'll have to wait to confirm untill you have it in your hands. But, it definitely excists.

Hope it kind of helped...

Wait, :confused: so they all have more than 2 tracks?

Don't base yourself on the discography on the official website btw, it's far from compelte. It doesn't even have What If, Lovers In Japan,.. And only mentions 1 version/ release so for these kind of releases it's not thrustworthy.

Try other sources, like discogs, eil,..

OOOORRRR

the link in my signature :smug:

^^ thanks for the heads up on the US Charlie pro. Got the UK pro early on and finally have the Japanese pro on the way. Haven't sent any US's about (least not yet). Great find!

Also got a Japanese ETIAW (well, it's in the post) and a Japanese pro of Mylo (also in the post). Not sure if you need any for your site. I can scan em when they arrive if you do!

I could use them all :p I only have this Charlie Brown release (didn't come on Ebay yet, I bought it from eil.com for about 20 euros or so, quite a bargain) , I have pictures of the japanse ones, but not very good quality, so scans are always welcome ;-)

I feel for you, man. I didn't own any either until MX. If I could somehow psychically duplicate and send you my copy, I would :nod:

You're nice. :smug2:

I'd love to own physical CDs, but until I find a store with all of their CDs, I won't buy any.

I know a store that sells AROBTTH, I wonder if I could ask them to order the rest... :surprised:

^^ don't do it! Depending in the shop, you'll pay premium. Grab any major release for super cheap at any used cd shop or online.

I agree. I picked their releases up one at a time for several years whenever I found them for a good price. For example, I bought my Parachutes copy at a used dvd/cd place and I got my copy of Live 2003 from swapacd.com (a used CD swapping website). The rest I got at Wal Mart or Target when they were on sale. Back on topic now. :P I own in physical format:

Parachutes - CD

AROBTTH - CD

AROBTTH - Vinyl

Live 2003 - CD/DVD

A very beaten up US Promo of the Scientist Single - CD

X&Y - CD

Viva la Vida - CD

Viva la Vida - Vinyl

Viva la Vida Prospekt's March Edition - CD

Left Right Left Right Left - CD

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall Single - CD

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall Single - Vinyl

Mylo Xyloto - CD

Mylo Xyloto Pop Up Edition

I need to take a picture of my collection! Most of it is sitting in my parent's house and I haven't been home from college for a while. I will update with a picture when I get the chance, though. :)