🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

How can the Israeli crisis be resolved?

What is Israel supposed to do? How can there be peace when one side's only goal is to completely kill and eliminate the other? how can that side be stopped without a war? Iran and hezbollah's main goal is the destruction of israel and the mass slaughter of the jews, that has been made clear and said by them, so how can you reason with that and solve the crisis without innocent people dying?

There is no possible peaceful solution to something like this, not unless Iran and Hezbollah changes their goals, which will never happen. my point is this, when one side will stop at nothing to eliminate the other, force is needed to resolve the conflict.

I feel that this question could have been started in the other thread.... (coz this one is essentially discussing the same things)...Just look at the Poll thread about this conflict....ends up the same. It gets out of hand when posting along the same lines in multiple threads.

But....

I really think a resolution for a 100% ceasefire must be the start of the process.

Nothing can be achieved while both sides are fighting like this.....right?

I just hope it's sooner than later, before any other country gets involved and before any more large numbers of civilian deaths.

I feel that this question could have been started in the other thread.... (coz this one is essentially discussing the same things)

But....

I really think a resolution for a 100% ceasefire must be the start of the process.

Nothing can be achieved while both sides are fighting like this.....right?

I just hope it's sooner than later, before any other country gets involved and before any more large numbers of civilian deaths.

BUT a cease fire would only buy a little bit of time, and hezbollah would just rebuild and attack again. now why would israel do something that would hurt itself and only help the terrorist? this whole thing will just start over again sometime soon, thus wasting more time and life. this is the point im trying to make, it would do no good and only cause more trouble in the future, thats why israel is trying to get rid of hezbollah once and for all. because a ceasefire would only help them. they can attack israel run back behind the border and scream ceasefire ceasefire over and over again. that where my point comes into place, the only real solution is for one side to be destroyed either israel or the terrorist.

What?!?!

"that's where my point comes into place, the only real solution is for one side to be destroyed either israel or the terrorist."

I 100% disagree and I hope for all our sakes that others do too.

For that to happen, it would mean that this current rise in full military and rocket stirkes would just be adding to the horrific suffering that the people of the region have already suffered for many, many years.

So to end this Isreal might have to be destroyed?

Or Hizbollah? (effectively Lebanon)

But that's your right to think that I guess.

[again...this is just the same as the other thread]

Peace is a great thing, but to have it, both sides must want it or be willing to work at it. so that means if one side (hizbollah) does not want it, there will be no chance for a lasting peace. thus making israel's only realistic option to be destroying them, otherwise the fighting will continue until one side is gone.

so my question to you guys now is, how can there be any other long term solution to this problem other then a military one? because a ceasefire would be short term and only allow hizbollah to rebuild and its been clear there cannot be a lasting peace between these to army's. how else could israel resolve this for the long term?

Who says that they don't want peace?

Hizbollah have actually said they want it to stop...they want end to this......and so they should, I know.

If you notice (this isn't anti-semitic by the way) it's Olmert who has repeatedly said "we will not stop until Hizbollah has been destroyed"......which we both know is impossible.

And this is because these "terrorist" groups just merge into the people of the land.....you end up with the scenario where more civilian people sort of 'join' Hizbollah out of pure rage......that their homes, family or even both have been destroyed....and they end up being called Hizbollah fighters or 'insergants'.

I'm not saying that what Hizbollah does is right, it's not.....but you get to the point where the term Hizbollah means nothing anymore.....it's just people who used to have a life but have no life anymore, have nothing else to do, no way of knowing what to do and are generally very pissed off......

It's the classic creation of a so-called "terrorist infected state".....and it's not a new thing.......Iraq and Afganistan are prime examples - And soon Lebanon will evolve into this status.

Continuing this aggressive action will just magnify these problems.

And I believe it's all on purpose. As sooner or later a group from another neighbouring county will get involved.......justifying more action. Like an invasion of Iran in October/November for example.

Even if you don't agree with that last part, it's still a very logical progression, which I think will cause absolute hell.

They have and Iran have made it clear and said they want israel destroyed and thats their goal. they want a SHORT TERM ceasefire, but thats only for them to rebuild their supply lines, and get ready to do it again. so a ceasefire plays into exactly what they want in their goal to destroy israel. why would israel do that? if it hurts them and helps hezbollah? so with one side wanting to take a short term break to get ready again for the attack how can their be peace? that is why a ceasefire would do no good, it would b pausing the situation but while doing so helping hezbollah to get ready again.

Nope. israel has given them many chances for a palestine' date=' and the terrorist groups have made it quite clear they do not want it, they keep saying they want israel completely gone.[/quote']

So keep giving them more chances, and don't ever stop, don't ever give up on Peace and Love.

Instead of there being just the two options of WAR or PEACE, there are actually three options...

• The best one is PEACE where both sides are at peace, there's no fighting, there's no bloodshed
  • The worst option is WAR where both sides are at peace, both sides are fighting and killing.
  • The middle option, which is better than war, but not quite as good as peace, is where one side is fighting and the other isn't fighting.

The middle option isn't the best, but its a lot better than all out war, and its a lot easier, cos it only takes one side to do it.

Besides, the 'Terrorists' are a minority group within each nation that Israel is at war with, but Israel is attacking the entire nation.

I think there should be both a Palastine and Israel and have Jerusalem as a fully independant city state. Would that work?

They could have Jerusalem as a multicultural theme park, thus devaluing all the religions that hold it so dearly. Everyone has to buy the same tickets to go in.

Definitely only with a cesse of fire! there's already a whole nation destroyed...

With these attacks the Israeli state is just getting more hate from its arabian neigbors, Hezbollah's "terrorist" members might dissapear with the bombs and guns but the hate Lebanese people has for those who destroyed their lifes won't dissapear, just gets bigger with time.

I see diplomacy as the unique solution for this... or the destruction of the whole nations involved.

So keep giving them more chances, and don't ever stop, don't ever give up on Peace and Love.

Instead of there being just the two options of WAR or PEACE, there are actually three options...

• The best one is PEACE where both sides are at peace, there's no fighting, there's no bloodshed
  • The worst option is WAR where both sides are at peace, both sides are fighting and killing.
  • The middle option, which is better than war, but not quite as good as peace, is where one side is fighting and the other isn't fighting.

The middle option isn't the best, but its a lot better than all out war, and its a lot easier, cos it only takes one side to do it.

Besides, the 'Terrorists' are a minority group within each nation that Israel is at war with, but Israel is attacking the entire nation.

that doesnt work in reality. you cant sit there and let them attack you and do nothing, thats foolish. the best option would be peace BUT you cant have it when one side does not want it. so sadly the only realistic option is war.

so sadly the only realistic option is war.

When did we forget our dreams?

The infinite possibilities each day holds should stagger the mind. The sheer number of experiences we could have is uncountable, breathtaking, and I'm sitting here checking replies. We live trapped in loops, reliving a few days over and over and we envision only a handful of paths laid out ahead of us. We see the same things each day, we respond the same way, we think the same thoughts, each day a slight variation on the last, every moment smoothly following the gentle curves iof social norms. We act like if we just get through today, tomorrow our dreams will come back to us.

And no, I don't have all the answers. I don't know how to jolt myself into seeing what each moment could become. But I do know one thing: The solution doesn't involve watering down every little idea and creative impulse for the sake of some day easing its fit into reality. It doesn't involve tempering my life to better fit someone's expectations. It doesn't involve constantly holding back for fear of shaking things up.

This is very important so I want to say it as clearly as I can

so sadly the only realistic option is war.

FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

apologies to http://www.xkcd.com/

:) Good use of text though.

Exactly.......War? That's just the kind of mindless horse shit that comes out of the neo-cons mouths and it's getting us nowhere.

Being told to "understand the situation" from someone who knows very little and who also avocates war as the only option is utterly laughable.

I was on the streets of London today, along with around 100,000 others, on a protest march to put pressure on our Government to back an unconditional ceasefire. It was amazing to see the amount of Isreali's and Lebonese folk out there.....all wanting the same outcome.

:) Good use of text though.

Exactly.......War? That's just the kind of mindless horse shit that comes out of the neo-cons mouths and it's getting us nowhere.

Being told to "understand the situation" from someone who knows very little and who also avocates war as the only option is utterly laughable.

I was on the streets of London today, along with around 100,000 others, on a protest march to put pressure on our Government to back an unconditional ceasefire. It was amazing to see the amount of Isreali's and Lebonese folk out there.....all wanting the same outcome.

back here on planet earth, war is a part of humanity just as much as love, fear and hate. its a part of humanity, it sucks but life sucks, its how the world works. there will always be war, from all kinds of different politicaly views, far left, far right, it makes no difference at some poin they have and will again cause war. its the world we live in, its reality. kinda like how we will all die. im not happy about it, but its the way the universe works. you cant eliminate it, like you cant eliminate love or hate or fear or violence. when one side wants war, the only realistic solution is war. you can have a war or a slaughter. now why would israel chose slaughter instead of fighting? so there are other options, but the best option for the nations security would be war when the other army is attacking. if i were to attack you and fight you, would you just stand there and take it or fight back and try to protect yourself? its no different, they are being attacked and have one realistic option for their safety, to fight, they wouldnt have to resort to war if they werent attacked first.

you seem to not understand a ceasefire is short term.

do you think a ceasefire would last? do you think hezbollah wouldnt rebuild and attack again? please answer this.

When did we forget our dreams?

The infinite possibilities each day holds should stagger the mind. The sheer number of experiences we could have is uncountable, breathtaking, and I'm sitting here checking replies. We live trapped in loops, reliving a few days over and over and we envision only a handful of paths laid out ahead of us. We see the same things each day, we respond the same way, we think the same thoughts, each day a slight variation on the last, every moment smoothly following the gentle curves iof social norms. We act like if we just get through today, tomorrow our dreams will come back to us.

And no, I don't have all the answers. I don't know how to jolt myself into seeing what each moment could become. But I do know one thing: The solution doesn't involve watering down every little idea and creative impulse for the sake of some day easing its fit into reality. It doesn't involve tempering my life to better fit someone's expectations. It doesn't involve constantly holding back for fear of shaking things up.

This is very important so I want to say it as clearly as I can

FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

apologies to http://www.xkcd.com/

if people had the same views as you, hitler would be ruling europe and all the jews would be dead. you see nations cannot have that type of view, because they would be conquered and massacred.

If all nations had that view, Hitler wouldn't have done things like that because of his viewpoints. Brilliant.

Who say war's a part of humanity. Well fuck that, humanity can change.

but thats the thing, not everyone at the same time will have that view, there will always be leaders that are war mongers. humanity cant change, it would be like saying we could change to have no more love, or hatred. its apart of us, always has been from the start.