Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Wally

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ahaha so it's nice and wet too then! :P

I'm in Brissy, spent last year in Melbs though and loved it!

so yeah it's not actually that cold here, though it has been raining the past few days.

You been a coldplay fan for long? :nice:

Eugh, today was shocking :( just horrible everywhere.

ah, Iv never been there, always wanted to though :) yeah? lucky :P Id kill for a chance to break out the shorts :P

this is about the anniversary of my year-long "obsession" :P although i have always enjoyed their music.

the only problem is that i really got into them AFTER they came out :cry:

how about yourself?

Haha, that has happened to me with SO many bands, and usually it's only within a couple of months of them touring! I'm learning to get on top of it all now though :P

Well I started liking them when I got Viva la Vida, and then liked them more after delving into their back catalog a bit. I signed up to here literally the day after I saw them in Melbourne last year, in my crazy-obsessed post-concert state :P

What other kind of stuff do you listen to?

haha! same! like, this last year alone, i have gotten into Phoenix and Kasabian, both of which played at BDO... when i realised this, i was devastated i didnt go :P

yeah, id have to say the real "clincher" song that got me, was Violet Hill... the whole VLV era i find just fantastic :D

anything really, :P

(just going through my itunes :P)

All Time Low

Augastana

Birds Of Tokyo

Cut Copy

Eskimo Joe

Jack's Mannequin

Kasabian

Lior

Miami Horror

Muse

Pendulum

Phoenix

The Temper Trap

just to name a few :P

i chop and change all the time, and as long as its not too screamo (i can appreciate the music, but not the screaming :P) im happy to listen :)

you?

ah, tauiwi, nice to meet you :)

yeah, i basically live in the shorts, except on crap days like this :D

yeah... i feel embarrassed that im so late getting here… :P

like I said, ive always enjoyed their stuff, but never really been “obsessed”

You guys are such late bloomers. I was on them at a rush of blood to the head but because I lived in nz for 12 years never got to see the band until last year!

Oh, I apologise for living in the middle of nowhere for the majority of my life and not having access (or not realising how to get access...) to the wonderful world of music I now know :lol:

haha! same! like, this last year alone, i have gotten into Phoenix and Kasabian, both of which played at BDO... when i realised this, i was devastated i didnt go :P

yeah, id have to say the real "clincher" song that got me, was Violet Hill... the whole VLV era i find just fantastic :D

anything really, :P

(just going through my itunes :P)

All Time Low

Augastana

Birds Of Tokyo

Cut Copy

Eskimo Joe

Jack's Mannequin

Kasabian

Lior

Miami Horror

Muse

Pendulum

Phoenix

The Temper Trap

just to name a few :P

i chop and change all the time, and as long as its not too screamo (i can appreciate the music, but not the screaming :P) im happy to listen :)

you?

Phoenix didn't play at BDO, lol. I was there, saw Kasabian the night before BDO and have seen them again since, they're great :D

I've got a pretty big list of the bands I like lol, but I like all the bands in your list (with the exception of Lior, All Time Low and Augastana, but I don't actually know them :P). It also changes, at the moment a few of my favourites are Foals, Two Door Cinema Club, Florence and the Machine, the Strokes, Mumford and Sons, Arcade Fire and Cloud Control :wacky:

I only really started getting into music last year though.

Phoenix DIDNT? :inquisitive:

well that makes me feel better about that :P

oh yeah, I like a lot of that stuff too :)

ugh... yeah, I will admit my coldplay-obssessed phase probably passed a month or two ago :P

what are your guys thoughts on the election? :P if you dont mind me asking :P

• 2 weeks later...

hi

good to see that someone else started the election talk for me.

the two major parties seem to have the exact same policies expect on the internet. labor wants super fast super expensive broadband and a super strict super stupid internet filter. while libs dont give a shit about either. i think im with labor on broadband but the filter idea pisses me off.

it annoys me neither party cares much for climate change, gay rights and indigenous issues. since the Greens do to a certain degree care for those issues i think i might give them my vote in the senate.

and dont get me started on the non-issues of boat people and over population. wht a fucking joke.

Greens will give you ETS though which is pretty much a tax on absolutely everything

greens will never get what they want cos they'll never have enough seats. but they can at least influence the major parties on certain things and hold the balance of power. theres nothing truly democratic about having the same 2 parties doing the same thing year after year. a 3rd major party (regardless of their stance) will make things fairer.

greens will never get what they want cos they'll never have enough seats. but they can at least influence the major parties on certain things and hold the balance of power.

durp, point, but I worry that Labor will try again

OH HEY IT'S ANOTHER MELBOURNIAN

*swoops upon the newcomer*

*runs for his life* :escaping3:

:P :P

I tend to keep my political views to myself, it prevents conflict :wacky:

Also, I generally just don't like politics. I know it's essential/important etc but all the bitching that goes on annoys me to no end!!

thats fair enough :)

especially the last few weeks has been terrible... i cant seem to turn on the tv without there being something on it... :angry: