• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

BUMP

Hey Aussies!

Just wanted to post here about the craziness of the weather this summer! Pretty much all of Queensland is flooded - my family and myself have been stuck at home since the weekend with swollen creeks on either side of the property. Only today were the creeks low enough to cross, so we did, only to find that the bitumen on the highway had literally been washed off the road. Crazy! Thankfully it hasn't reached the point where we're at risk of having to be evacuated but there are a lot of small towns near us that have reached that point.

As far as I'm aware northern NSW is also experiencing floods, and as for the little bout of snow in Victoria a couple of weeks ago... well, it's just weird.

Not hearing a lot about global warming these days, either... :p

BUMP

Hey Aussies!

Just wanted to post here about the craziness of the weather this summer! Pretty much all of Queensland is flooded - my family and myself have been stuck at home since the weekend with swollen creeks on either side of the property. Only today were the creeks low enough to cross, so we did, only to find that the bitumen on the highway had literally been washed off the road. Crazy! Thankfully it hasn't reached the point where we're at risk of having to be evacuated but there are a lot of small towns near us that have reached that point.

As far as I'm aware northern NSW is also experiencing floods, and as for the little bout of snow in Victoria a couple of weeks ago... well, it's just weird.

Not hearing a lot about global warming these days, either... :p

hope things improve really soon! weather-wise 2010 was the worst year ever!

Barmy Army FTW!:rolleyes:

fuckoff

hello awesome aussies

hi

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...