✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

For all you people who live in Europe!

amsterdam

I think I want to up and move to Europe. I live in Southern California, and don't get me wrong, it's nice out here. But something calls me to Europe (and no, it's not Coldplay). I want to move to Britian. :) I have always been into British things, especially pop culture. It's like I fit in there or something.

For those of you who live there... what can you tell me about it???? :?:

P.S: I have an immense fear of flying, so I am sure that I will never get to see it. :cry:

Jen :D

I could imagine it's probably less expensive to live there than here in Southern California. Property here goes for a half a million in some areas.

Do you know what the conversion rate is from dollars to pounds?

My goodness... you guys do spend a lot for gas. I would imagine that a lot of people walk.

Jen

hahaha :mrgreen: yes the weather is something you'll have to get used to.

It is quite expensive to live in the UK compared to some places, for example the price of petrol here (gas to you) is like 3 times as expensive, and that's before you've even bought the car :shock:

Still, not as expensive as bloody Ireland, or? :?

I think ours is about 77p per litre - am I right, guys? I don't really look at the price, I just put in about £20's worth every week.

Thing is, our country is smaller, so I guess we don't do quite as much long-distance driving. I hear that American's think nothing of driving, say 50 miles to do some shopping, whereas I get p****d off if I have to drive 2 miles to the supermarket!

However, my boss's responsibility covers the whole of England, and he is always up and down on trains and aeroplanes and in his car, so I suppose there ARE a lot of people here who do inordinate amounts of driving.

Shall we do a swap, Jen? I've always wanted to visit the States, California in particular!! :D

Do you travel a lot, Ian? My car only takes LRP fuel and the tank only holds about £20's worth (it's an MG Midget - tiny little thing!), so that's why I don't know the prices of unleaded. I only drive about 4 miles to work and back (through heavy traffic, though), and don't tend to go far in it at weekends. It's horrible driving it on the motorway - I feel very vulnerable with all these lorries and huge cars doing 100 mph!! :shock: