✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

songs you'd like to hear Coldplay cover?

DrPolitik

not that their own songs aren't good enough of course!

i'd like to hear Angie by the Stones, that'd be interesting...or Elton John's Benny & the Jets...ooh maybe a bit of Barry White as a tribute :)

Don't you forget about me by Simple Minds! that'd be cool...

any requests?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 50 Cent- 21 Questions

2. Oasis-Wonderwall

3. Flaming Lips-Fight Test

4. Will Young-Evergreen

5.Travis-Driftwood (eeeeeeeeey)

6. Dolly Parton-Jolene

7.Nirvana- Smells like teen spirit (Can u imagine???!)

8. N*SYNC- Pop

9. Westlife- Unbreakable

10. Oasis- Songbird

Sorry about the list i have chosen. Lol, to tell u the truth, i havent reelly thought about my choices because i cant be bothered to think at the moment.lol. So i just chose the songs that instantly came to my head! :)

...Although, songbird would sound sweet, non?

Ooh, good choices!! Jolene or Teen Spirit would be wild!! Imagine Teen Spirit as a piano ballad..I could just see Chris crooning "Here we are now, entertain us.." awesome...thought of one more Mad World..id love to hear them do the donnie darko vers. by Gary Jules over the tears for fears original..they should do some TFF though, like Pale Shelter or Head Over Heels!

Chris has played these songs during (from albums) during radio shows and I'd love to hear them actually cover them.........

Cure-A Forest

Foo Fighters-Everlong

I asked Chris during the soundcheck at the Denver show (Fe 2003) if he would play Cure-A Forest but he said no (probably did not want to wing it and sound bad). When they were soundchecking at Red Rocks I heard Jonny try a few chords of Sunday Bloody Sunday but he didnt play anymore of it........... :?

"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister

"Rite of Spring" by Igor Stravinsky (ALL of it :twisted: )

the entire Dark Side of the Moon album.

now that i'm done fucking around i will say that i think "I Only Have Eyes For You" by the Flamingos is a gorgeous song and i think Coldplay could really give it a new twist. but i want to do that with my band if we ever get stuck on original stuff at a practice, so they can't steal my idea. :D

good choice with the stravinsky one, "firebird" by stravinsky would be another cool one too or "fantasy impromptu" by chopin.

Colorblind-Counting Crows

Across the Universe

So Happy Together-The Turtles (this one i gotta see)

any hip hop or rap song like 50 cent "In the Club" (it'll sound funny)

rock your body- justin timberlake (hey he did "like i love you")

JAZZ

coldplay is not teeniepop so they dont need to cover those faggoty justin timberlake songs, nor rap either. well Heart In Hand is my fav song by VH ever and i wouldnt mind hearing another band play it. theres definitly others but i dont feel like typing them

Hehe I was thinking of making this thread too a couple of days ago but I didn't have my computer with me! :D Great minds think alike, eh?

Anyways, to answer the question... I think they could do a nice cover of Bon Jovi's 'Keep The Faith' :)

ooh, nice :) Bon Jovi covers is definitely the way forward! How 'bout some Livin' on a Prayer!? Take it Chris: WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA WERE HALFWAY THERE!!! WHOOOAAAAAAAAAA LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hehe I was thinking of making this thread too a couple of days ago but I didn't have my computer with me! :D Great minds think alike, eh?

Anyways, to answer the question... I think they could do a nice cover of Bon Jovi's 'Keep The Faith' :)

i actually made a thread on this same topic back in march! many great minds thinking here! lol

i actually made a thread on this same topic back in march! many great minds thinking here! lol

Haha, true! :D

ooh' date=' nice :) Bon Jovi covers is definitely the way forward! How 'bout some Livin' on a Prayer!? Take it Chris: WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA WERE HALFWAY THERE!!! WHOOOAAAAAAAAAA LIVIN' ON A PRAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:[/quote']

Sounds good to me! :P 'Misunderstood' would also sound nice.

there's this guy named Mundy. i don't think he's very well known. one of his songs is on the Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack. Hearing the guys play and especially chris' voice sing that song from the cd called To You I Bestow or another one of Mundy's songs called Healthy would be really cool.

there's this guy named Mundy. i don't think he's very well known. one of his songs is on the Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack. Hearing the guys play and especially chris' voice sing that song from the cd called To You I Bestow or another one of Mundy's songs called Healthy would be really cool.

I think i know who you are talking about, it would be funny to hear them play the 'everybody's free' song from that album or the 'angel' song.

oooo or some duran duran 'ordinary world' or depeche mode 'enjoy the silence'
that would be cool, what about rock the casbah from the clash!! and coldplay and metaphorically yours....that would be awesome... :oops: and we are joined at the hip like siamese twins meta metaphor the feelings that I store....sorry got carried away...