✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone Who Cares? My person opinion of Violet Hill

Hotplay007

Well, I'm doing this from school b/c I haven't been able to get on ALL day.

So, first, was Lunazual2008 correct on what he/she said?:thinking:

And...

My opinion is that VH was defintely worth staying up 3/4ths of the night for. I can't believe how much they changed in 3 years.

It's loud and fast, and with the guitars, I thought I was on a rollercoaster eatting a taco having such a crunch.:thumbsup:

The lyrics were one of their best so far that I've heard, it makes me terribly sad. But, what do they mean? If you love me, won't you LET ME GO. Makes me wonder....:uneasy:

Wow, those 3 minutes went by so fast, the song came and went like nothing. All the anticipation I had at the very beginning was so overwhelming.:rolleyes5:

It's funny now sense it went to fast, it was like I blanked out when I was listening. :blank: I remember a little bit but only some. So, when I heard the hard beating on the drums, it reminded me of when MTV said there would be parts sounding like Politik. Even defintely some parts with "Maroon 5-esque" feel.

Lol, there definitely was a rush of blood to my head waiting for this fantastic song, but I guess life will go back to the way it was originally until VIVA LA VIDA comes out:wacko:

Lol, you know, it took me so long to get on Coldplaying.com to load any of my comments after VH ended. It was ridiculous....

Now Wasn't that just Splended?

I have to say this song confirmed one thing for me:

Brian Eno is a genius producer. Chris's voice, the instruments, the transitions, etc were all perfect for the band's sound. It was just as raw as what we heard on Parachutes.

As for the song itself, I have to say I'm a tad underwhelmed. But it doesn't worry me at all, because I'm fully aware the other songs on the album will be totally different from each other in many ways. I think the tune is bordering on TOO simple - there isn't a hook that keeps you coming back for more, like with most Coldplay songs. It's almost like Politik minus the awesome break toward the end with the heartfelt high piano and wailing guitar. The lyrics are interesting but I'm not quite sure what they mean... personally I'm a fan of the more abstract Coldplay lyrics (which I know a lot of people hate) but whatever.

Again, I hope everyone who reads this and hears the song doesn't think I'm distressed or anything. It's a good song, one that I won't skip over when listening to the final CD (unlike a few songs on X&Y, which I never listen to anymore). Just not great. And I fully expect there to be 4 or 5 classic kickass Coldplay songs to be on Viva, ones that will practically define my summer and this stage in my life!