May 6, 200818 yr AMAZINGLY CRAPPY its to loud and i cant tell what hes sayings it sounds like chris is dying!! whats up with the u2 style , i love U2 but chris shouldnt try to be like bono wdf ,coldplay is coldplay not U2 and thats the way it should be there trying to hard , ASPELL A REBEL YELL is a C-side at best if that exsists lol or a D-side
May 6, 200818 yr AMAZINGLY CRAPPY its to loud and i cant tell what hes sayings it sounds like chris is dying!! whats up with the u2 style , i love U2 but chris shouldnt try to be like bono wdf ,coldplay is coldplay not U2 and thats the way it should be there trying to hard , ASPELL A REBEL YELL is a C-side at best if that exsists lol or a D-side Cute
May 6, 200818 yr AMAZINGLY CRAPPY its to loud and i cant tell what hes sayings it sounds like chris is dying!! whats up with the u2 style , i love U2 but chris shouldnt try to be like bono wdf ,coldplay is coldplay not U2 and thats the way it should be there trying to hard , ASPELL A REBEL YELL is a C-side at best if that exsists lol or a D-side yep i dont like it too, but take it easy is not gonna be in the album. with violet hill i can say that the album is gonna be excellent.
May 6, 200818 yr If you had to make a complaint thread, at least you made it clever...D-side!:lol: I love the song, but I wish tho vocals had more clarity. I don't think Chris is trying to be bono, I think the Eno influence is presant with both bands. Just my opinion.
May 6, 200818 yr Author I disagree. What's so crappy about it? If it's too loud, turn down the volume. lol well the atmosphere of the song is whats loud not the volume lol i"ll try that though;)
May 6, 200818 yr lol well the atmosphere of the song is whats loud not the volume lol i"ll try that though;) Sounds to me like you're actually talking about the level of compression, rather than the volume? Everything's so hyper-compressed and boosted for FM frequencies these days. Space Cadet had the same experience with VH.
May 6, 200818 yr yeah, not lovin' this song, definately not as good as VH, but its starting to grow on me...also, like others said already, its a b-side
May 6, 200818 yr Author Sounds to me like you're actually talking about the level of compression, rather than the volume? Everything's so hyper-compressed and boosted for FM frequencies these days. Space Cadet had the same experience with VH. like violet hill the atospheric intro of that song if you listen it doesnt stop and it goes through the entire song!!! i like violet hill but it is also loud but ASARY is louder!!!
May 6, 200818 yr like violet the atospheric intro of that song if you listen it doesnt stop and it goes through the entire song!!! i like violet hill but it is also loud but ASARY is louder!!! I love how jonny's bit never disconnects from the song. I think what you dislike in both songs is how chris's vocals compete with and are almost drowned out by the music, and that to hear the vocals clearly you have make the music louder too. But that's part of the intended effect, mainly in ASARY, the vocals don't dash in to the forefront, they just kind of jump into the stream of the music.
May 6, 200818 yr Author I love how jonny's bit never disconnects from the song. I think what you dislike in both songs is how chris's vocals compete with and are almost drowned out by the music, and that to hear the vocals clearly you have make the music louder too. But that's part of the intended effect, mainly in ASARY, the vocals don't dash in to the forefront, they just kind of jump into the stream of the music. ya but i like violet hill the only bad thing about the song is johnnys riff is too short i love that riff they should have made it longer also the intro and outro are boring and sound like 2 diffrent songs ! also i dont like the drowing background music from the begining!! but i love that song for the lyrics and its musically tone and everything else!
May 6, 200818 yr That's the tricky part with being a producer, figuring out how loud to make each element. Alot of it also depends on what you're using to listen with... I hear details you wouldn't believe in Clocks when I'm listening with my Sennheiser headphones. This version of ASARY is way too crappy to be making deep judgments about anything other than the general tone and melody, which I think are pleasant. Not too complex, but definitely not a bad song. I'm going to wait for this CD to come out before I decide whether I like Eno's influence on Coldplay or not. So far I'm a tad underwhelmed, but that could easily change with a few more good songs (and according to NME there are 5 better songs than Violet Hill on the album).
May 6, 200818 yr yep i dont like it too, but take it easy is not gonna be in the album. with violet hill i can say that the album is gonna be excellent. Yeah, I'm not overly impressed with this song either. But lets face it - it's a b-side for a vinyl which will only be availible for one week and wasn't featured on any lists of songs that would potentially make the album (unless it's been renamed, but it's not on the album anyway)
May 6, 200818 yr Normally I'd be annoyed at yet another complaint thread, but you did it with wit and class. this thread recieves a 7/10
May 6, 200818 yr Hi guys Where can I download the mp3 to this song. Can someone send it to me please I'm dieing to hear it. cheers
May 6, 200818 yr get it here :D http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44400 have fun :laugh1:
May 6, 200818 yr its a nice song but i cant make out a word of the lyrics xpt the "a spell...." part.:confused: anyway,i like violet hill more than this one .
May 6, 200818 yr Author Normally I'd be annoyed at yet another complaint thread, but you did it with wit and class. this thread recieves a 7/10 thanks:cool:
Create an account or sign in to comment