🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Why "Death And All His Friends" is another album!!!

the_escapist

Hello there guys!!!

Everyday I am more confident on the fact that "Death And All His Friends" is another album and we will get it as a surprise with Viva La Vida!!!

How do I get to this conclusion?

Watch me go!!!

1.- Considering "Viva La Vida" is a very short album - Why are the boys releasing a great amount of songs??? (Viva La Vida, Violet Hill, very soon Lost! and possibly Lovers In Japan / Reign Of Love). If this rate continues, by the time Viva La Vida is released on June 11th at the UK, we will have heard every single song and therefore there will be no sense on the album being released.

2.- The rumours of the boys going back to the studio can only mean that they're working on some new songs - 'cause Viva La Vida is already done and EMI is probably already making the copies for worldwide distribution.

3.- Those pictures from "The Bakery" demonstrate that the boys are still working on songs which ultimately failed the final cut (Famous Old Painters, Glass Of Water, for example) and we're still receiving lots of mystery from the band members!!! (remember the Flotsam & Jetsam thing and Jonny saying "just some ideas we have") The question is - - - why more ideas is the album is done?

4.- Coldplay has changed it's style radically - Chris Martin has said: "we had some of those (referring to "big songs" which in my opinion are classic Coldplay songs) - but we took them off! Knowing Chris and his psyche - it is not a crazy idea to think that now he has decided to release an album with the big songs! And that would be a gift to Coldplay fans that don't like the new style.

5.- We have a 1 minute preview of Lost - and there Chris sings: "you'll be lost, every river that you tried to cross (...)" while Chris said on NME that there's a line on the record that says "Just because I'm losing/Doesn't mean I'm lost" - I know there are two different Lost (Lost! and Lost?) - but still this sounds very strange!!! How can a band release two songs called practically the same and only having a punctuation mark distinguishing them?

And I am sure there are lots of more reasons that I am missing right now, but you all will help me find!!!

Post your views!!!

Cheers!!!

& VIVA COLDPLAY!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there guys!!!

Everyday I am more confident on the fact that "Death And All His Friends" is another album and we will get it as a surprise with Viva La Vida!!!

How do I get to this conclusion?

Watch me go!!!

1.- Considering "Viva La Vida" is a very short album - Why are the boys releasing a great amount of songs??? (Viva La Vida, Violet Hill, very soon Lost! and possibly Lovers In Japan / Reign Of Love). If this rate continues, by the time Viva La Vida is released on June 11th at the UK, we will have heard every single song and therefore there will be no sense on the album being released.

2.- The rumours of the boys going back to the studio can only mean that they're working on some new songs - 'cause Viva La Vida is already done and EMI is probably already making the copies for worldwide distribution.

3.- Those pictures from "The Bakery" demonstrate that the boys are still working on songs which ultimately failed the final cut (Famous Old Painters, Glass Of Water, for example) and we're still receiving lots of mystery from the band members!!! (remember the Flotsam & Jetsam thing and Jonny saying "just some ideas we have") The question is - - - why more ideas is the album is done?

4.- Coldplay has changed it's style radically - Chris Martin has said: "we had some of those (referring to "big songs" which in my opinion are classic Coldplay songs) - but we took them off! Knowing Chris and his psyche - it is not a crazy idea to think that now he has decided to release an album with the big songs! And that would be a gift to Coldplay fans that don't like the new style.

5.- We have a 1 minute preview of Lost - and there Chris sings: "you'll be lost, every river that you tried to cross (...)" while Chris said on NME that there's a line on the record that says "Just because I'm losing/Doesn't mean I'm lost" - I know there are two different Lost (Lost! and Lost?) - but still this sounds very strange!!! How can a band release two songs called practically the same and only having a punctuation mark distinguishing them?

And I am sure there are lots of more reasons that I am missing right now, but you all will help me find!!!

Post your views!!!

Cheers!!!

& VIVA COLDPLAY!!!

well the song "death and all his freinds" is in the album viva la vida every CP album had the song name after the title so your wrong and they have extra material after the album becuase they want to make more music ! i mean in my place was made right after parachutes but it came out 2 years later on a diffrent cd! i think all the extra song will be B-sides or maybe on a new coldplay DVD /CD

well the song "death and all his freinds" is in the album viva la vida every CP album had the song name after the title so your wrong and they have extra material after the album becuase they want to make more music ! i mean in my place was made right after parachutes but it came out 2 years later on a diffrent cd! i think all the extra song will be B-sides or maybe on a new coldplay DVD /CD

what do you tell me about that review that said the album "starts and finish just the same"???

Also Chris said "This record is supposed to work like a film" - these days lots and lots of films have sequels! I know this is kind of crazy - but Coldplay is a crazy band, so anything is possible!!!

Hear me out:

Chris says, concerning the buy-one-get-one-free concept, that nobody ever buys full albums anymore but that they have an album that everyone has to hear from start to finish....

So...I think that he is saying that buying Viva La Vida (or the song on it) will give you the opportunity to hear Death and All His Friends as well...

Does anymore get what I am saying??

Hear me out:

Chris says, concerning the buy-one-get-one-free concept, that nobody ever buys full albums anymore but that they have an album that everyone has to hear from start to finish....

So...I think that he is saying that buying Viva La Vida (or the song on it) will give you the opportunity to hear Death and All His Friends as well...

Does anymore get what I am saying??

i'm sorry - i don't get - try explaining it again!

what do you tell me about that review that said the album "starts and finish just the same"???

Also Chris said "This record is supposed to work like a film" - these days lots and lots of films have sequels! I know this is kind of crazy - but Coldplay is a crazy band, so anything is possible!!!

welll maybe the last song ends the same way the first song starts ??? or vice versa:sneaky:

I hope you're fight for 2 reasons:

1. MORE NEW MUSIC!!!

2. (And more importantly,lol) I said this a long time ago, but I never dreamed I was right!!!! (I don't think anyone will mind my saying 'I told you so' if it's true!:D)

ANd for the record, if anyone remembers my guessing that it might loosely be a 'concept album', there's Chris's comment in NME about it being like a movie that you need to listen to it from start to finish! (It's off topic, but I had to put it somewhere.)

Chris meant that they have grouped two songs together Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love (as they have on past LPs Everything's Not Lost/Life is for Living) so if some one was to only down load a song instead of the entire LP, they would in effect get a 2 for 1. Because according to him, no one buys entire LPs any more.

Seriously man, send me some of what ever you are smoking.

Firstly, I would like to say I find your reasoning very interesting. You make some good points here, definitely. I do disagree on some things though.

A good point about it being a short album, in proportion to the amount of songs they're releasing. But at most, I think we'll have 3 songs from the album by the time its released. This is if they release a song such as 42 on the 21st of May, and not just a re issue of the song Viva La Vida. I don't think we'll have the whole album before the 11th June (unless its leaked in its entirety, of course). So I think this is still very much an album WITH a point of being released, even if they are about to release tonnes of other unreleased songs.

New songs, maybe - but I think they're mostly working on the songs that they abandoned earlier in the recording process for LP4, and mastering ones like Famous Old Painters and other strong contenders for the album. If I was to take a wild guess, I think they might be putting together an EP of 5 or 6 of the strongest non album cuts (like a mini album), as well as releasing the weaker songs as B-sides with the physical singles from VLVODAAHF. But I do agree that it sounds like a separate project to the album, definitely. It's just not LP5, though (well... Kid A? Amnesiac? Hmm, maybe).

Yeah, this is definitely linked with the extra songs that some of us THINK they'll be releasing, one way or the other. The real question is, will they turn up as B-sides, or on something different altogether?

Now this is your most interesting point, I think! It actually hadn't crossed my mind until you said it. I think this might very well be the main motivation for releasing these extra songs separately. And seeing as they decided to go for a less bombastic and more experimental approach for the album, plus maybe the fact that they might not want so many great unused songs left over from this era (so they can start fresh again for LP5), I can totally see why they would want to release them because of this. So I wouldn't be surprised if this unreleased material sounds like an X&Y - VLVOD hybrid, in that it has more of the old Coldplay feel. So yeah, good point!

Haha, well knowing the incompetence of these internet based companies/journalists, the differing punctuation between the two versions of Lost could very well be a mistake. And i hear you with the different lyrics between the album and acoustic versions, and its a possibility yes, but bear in mind its only a 30 second clip and he might sing it elsewhere in the song. But either way, I'm not quite sure how this has got to do with the extra material being released as another album or whatever, do you mind explaining a bit further?

And lastly, I don't think it will be called Death And All His Friends. I mean it would be nice, because it makes a lot of sense, and personally I would like it to happen. Reasons?

1. The full title of the proper album is officially VLVODAAHF, so really, the name has already been taken.

2. The song 'DAAHF' is on the proper album, so it would be misleading as a title for this extra album (or whatever it is).

3. Since when has anybody accurately predicted what the band's next move is? What I'm saying is, that they are very unpredictable indeed. VLV released through iTunes at 2am? Who saw that coming? And very few people thought that the album would be called Viva La Vida (apart from the gifted few, of course :wink:), most of us thought it would be 42 or Famous Old Painters, and despite all the evidence pointing towards those theories, Coldplay still surprised us.

Long post, sorry :P

7. itunes changed the album title to just Viva La Vida from Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends

excellent point!!! there's gotta be a reason! 'cause coldplay.com prospekt first said "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" - and when revealing the tracklisting said "Viva la Vida" -

cheers!

Chris meant that they have grouped two songs together Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love (as they have on past LPs Everything's Not Lost/Life is for Living) so if some one was to only down load a song instead of the entire LP, they would in effect get a 2 for 1. Because according to him, no one buys entire LPs any more.

You may be right, but why in heck is the label so pissed off if that's the case. Chris is only stating the truth. (Not arguing with you, just showing my usual disdain for the labels, and laughing at how once again, something Chris says gets takes soooooo seriously,lol.)

ok... i saw on the homepage that story about the whole buy one get one free thing but... wasn't chris just talking about how they combined lovers in japan/reign of love and Yes/Chinese sleep chant? he was just answering a question about them and said they are two seperate songs but they put them under one track to save people money on itunes.

but anyway... to answer this topic... it is very possible. i'm REALLY intrigued by itunes changing the title from VlVoDaAHF to just VlV.... somethings definately going on there because itunes always has officiall titles..

didn't see this... it was posted while i was typing my post... but glad we are on the same page :D

And since they're gearing up for a tour and a lot of publicity, they wouldn't just be casually recording the mysterious 'second album' for no reason or for a later date. That's not how it works, imo.

EDIT: Yeah, Boston, I've had the same problem,lol. Sorry to anyone I've repeated...this thread's just growing too fast,lol.

You may be right, but why in heck is the label so pissed off if that's the case. Chris is only stating the truth. (Not arguing with you, just showing my usual disdain for the labels, and laughing at how once again, something Chris says gets takes soooooo seriously,lol.)
Why does the label get pissed....because people...say people on message boards...take a portion of a quote..."buy one get one free" and they suddenly start thinking all kinds of stuff like "HEY WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SECOND FREE LP" or "COLDPLAY IS GONNA RELEASE A DOUBLE ALBUM BECAUSE CHRIS SAID WE WOULD BE GETTING 2 RECORDS" and it's just rubbish and then EMI prob get a zillion angry phone calls and people start saying EMI sucks cock because they are keeping the ultra secret free Coldplay record from all their fans and then their stock drops some more from all the bad press. when all you have to do is just read the quote:

quotebw2.jpg

Why does the label get pissed....because people...say people on message boards...take a portion of a quote..."buy one get one free" and they suddenly start thinking all kinds of stuff like "HEY WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SECOND FREE LP" or "COLDPLAY IS GONNA RELEASE A DOUBLE ALBUM BECAUSE CHRIS SAID WE WOULD BE GETTING 2 RECORDS" and it's just rubbish and then EMI prob get a zillion angry phone calls and people start saying EMI sucks cock because they are keeping the ultra secret free Coldplay record from all their fans and then their stock drops some more from all the bad press. when all you have to do is just read the quote:

quotebw2.jpg

I'd never say EMI sucks cock for that... Not when there are so many good reasons to say it!

do you mind explaining a bit further?

i got to recognize that's my weakest point! However, still is very confusing having to songs called the same! I highly doubt one is the acoustic version of the other one!

regarding the "buy one get one free" - I think there's no doubt (even for non-native english speakers like me) that what Chris meant was: "at the beginning Lovers In Japan was one independent song and Reign Of Love was another one . . . so what they did was get this two songs and make one song instead - and that's the buy one get one free - cause those songs are two songs on one"

cheers!!!