✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

05-june-2008 Secret Gig The Netherlands

I've won two tickets as well. I am one of the winners of the BNN photo/video contest. I got an email. The concert is in Paradiso Amsterdam, beginning at 14:30

En ik heb er echt ongelofelijk veel te veel zin in! Ik spijbel m'n hele schooldag :D

En verwacht maar niet dat je kunt filmen/opnemen: alle electronische apparatuur moet je afgeven, om lekken (te laat :P) te voorkomen. Maar het komt zaterdag op radio en tv

I've won two tickets as well. I am one of the winners of the BNN photo/video contest. I got an email. The concert is in Paradiso Amsterdam, beginning at 14:30

En ik heb er echt ongelofelijk veel te veel zin in! Ik spijbel m'n hele schooldag :D

En verwacht maar niet dat je kunt filmen/opnemen: alle electronische apparatuur moet je afgeven, om lekken (te laat :P) te voorkomen. Maar het komt zaterdag op radio en tv

Op TV? Welke zender? Hoelaat?

Dat het op 3FM komt weet ik al.. staat ook op het forum ergens :)

Woah you guys. Just.... woah!

Just came back from this exclusive Coldplay showcase with only 150-180 people present (including friend of the band Anton Corbijn)

The band hadn't played in front of such a small crowd in quite a while, so they were a bit nervous... as were we.

It was really cool though. Chris has a really cool new guitar painted with Viva La Vida artwork.

I hoped they would play at least a 1-hour set, but it turned out to be a 6-song set only.

The band played:

1. Violet Hill

2. Clocks

3. Lovers In Japan

4. Chinese Sleep Chant

5. Viva La Vida

6. Fix You

Life In Technicolor inititally was on the setlist as well as the opening song, but they decided to scrap it at the last minute and add Fix You instead.

Each song played featured short films shown on a television set, for instance: the dancing politicians video was shown during Violet Hill.

After they played Lovers In Japan, somehow the television set fell down, just missing the keyboards played by Jonny and Chris.

Chris was quite stunned: "I can't believe it. I finally smashed a TV, and the tour hasn't even started yet."

Luckily it was still working though... :)

"Ah, it's not even broken, that shows how 'Rock 'n Roll' we are"

Chinese Sleep Chant was quite loud, but the crowd seemed to enjoy it.

Highlight was Viva La Vida though. When the "oooooo-oooooooohhh" bit (sung by Will, Guy and Jonny) came, the whole venue started chanting along leaving Chris with a stunned smile. "Thank you", he gratefully answered. "You are a great crowd"

After Fix You (Chris asked us if we wanted to hear either that or Trouble, but the majority chose Fix You), the gig sadfully ended and the band said goodbye ("Jonny has an appointment with the dentist", Chris joked)

Outside the venue I had the wonderful experience meeting the whole band, and shaking hands with Will, Jonny and Chris. Unfortunately we were warned in advance that cameras and recording equipment were strictly forbidden and banned from the venue, so I didn't bring one. So I don't have any pictures to show you, unfortunately.

Please note that the interview + gig will be broadcast this saturday at 23:35 CET on Dutch tv channel NL3.

And yes, I will record it and share it a.s.a.p. :)

Wooooooooooooow what a day! Radiomad said most of the things. He also took this picture of me & chris:

afb052vu6.jpg

More pictures will follow tomorrow. Cool that we also saw Anton, that man is a hero!

Today I got:

-A guitar pick of Chris

-A setlist with a few autographs

-Frond row position during an exclusive concert and a hand of Chris during the concert

-A hand of the whole band after the concert (outside) with a little video of me meeting Guy

-A really cool picture of me and Will / me and Johnny / me and Chris

- most important thing to me: I got the chance to say to Chris that he is my hero. He smiled at me and said: Thanks man I really appreciate you saying that.

ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE :D

more pics and vids tomorrow!

edit:

I also found this one of me and Chris:

sp_a0340.jpg

- most important thing to me: I got the chance to say to Chris that he is my hero. He smiled at me and said: Thanks man I really appreciate you saying that.

OMG! I also said that when I met him.... and I don't know where it came from, I just blurted it out. "You're my hero".... :lol:

You're SO INCREDIBLY LUCKY today!!!!

Lucky lucky lucky lucky :nice:

yeah I always said to myself, if I ever meet this guy I have to tell him that he's a hero.. And suddenly I was there standing next to him so yeah I also blurted it out and I'm glad I did :P

today I will get lots of pictures! they will be posted here asap