✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kooks: 'Coldplay are best in the world'

mayurshikotra

160x120_lukepritchard_rex.jpg

Kooks frontman Luke Pritchard has claimed that Coldplay are the "best band in the world".

The singer said that negative reviews of the band's Viva La Vida album were based on jealousy.

"Coldplay are the best band in the world and the single 'Violet Hill' is pure genius, simple as that," he told the Daily Star

"I can't believe that they're getting a hard time. It's weird. How can people undermine them? To me Cold­play are other-worldly."

"People diss it because it's popular. Well, whatever. Say that when it sells millions of albums. Coldplay aren’t a short-term thing.

"People still listen to their old albums. How many of the so-called cool bands can you say that about?"

Pritchard compared Chris Martin's band to Space Oddity-era David Bowie.

He added: "I’ve often wondered what it would have been like to see David Bowie in his Space Oddity days and even though it's not as shocking, Coldplay have got a similar thing going on."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a103140/kooks-coldplay-are-best-in-the-world.html

Full Interview is - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/41588/World-champs/

He says some great stuff there, and I definitely agree with what he said about "Violet Hill", that's one of my favorite songs of the whole year so far.

This made me want to have a listen to their album, maybe he does know what he's doing. ;)

Kooks' Luke Pritchard: 'Coldplay Are The Best band In The World'

Pritch200WENN(1).jpg

He doesn't understand bad press...

Luke Pritchard, frontman of The Kooks, has called Coldplay the “best band in the world” and compared them to David Bowie.

The singer said he couldn't understand how the band had received negative press despite their latest album, 'Viva La Vida', topping the charts in the UK and America.

“I can’t believe that they’re getting a hard time,” he said. “It’s weird. How can people undermine them? To me Cold­play are other-worldly.

“I love the whole thing they’ve got going on on this album with the Les Misérables theme.”

As previously reported on Gigwise, Coldplay has so far sold over 500,000 copies of their new album in the UK alone.

In an interview with the Daily Star, Pritchard said that people like to “diss” the band because “it's popular”.

“I’ve often wondered what it would have been like to see David Bowie in his Space Oddity days and even though it’s not as shocking, Coldplay have got a similar thing going on,” he added.

http://www.gigwise.com/news/44085/kooks-luke-pritchard-coldplay-are-the-best-band-in-the-world

The coldplay bad press thing winds me up, take this weeks NME, I skip to page 47 for the coldplay feature and see a negative review. First things first, until you sell 10 million albums and play sellout world tours, keep your mouth shut. If you're so wise as to know exactly what popular music sounds like, why aren't you making it. And really, what is the point of posting overtly critical reviews in the media of anything, do we really need to cater for people who don't like something? Chris and the guys just try and entertain, which in my opinion is a positive thing for this world.

The coldplay bad press thing winds me up, take this weeks NME, I skip to page 47 for the coldplay feature and see a negative review. First things first, until you sell 10 million albums and play sellout world tours, keep your mouth shut. If you're so wise as to know exactly what popular music sounds like, why aren't you making it. And really, what is the point of posting overtly critical reviews in the media of anything, do we really need to cater for people who don't like something? Chris and the guys just try and entertain, which in my opinion is a positive thing for this world.

My suggestion? Don't read them. Just let the songs speak for themselves.;)