🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

June 18, 2012 - submitted by Carly, United Kingdom[/color][/b]

Q. Pleading for your help!

At Manchester City stadium on the 09/06/12 my extremely romantic (boyfriend at the time) proposed to me during my favourite song, yellow. We were standing at the front, to the left hand side of the stage. I know several people filmed this, but unfortunately in all the excitement we forgot to get anyone's names to get hold of the footage. Could you please help by posting this, in the hope the people who filmed our lovely moment will post it! Please help. Carly. X

The Oracle replies:

Congratulations.

You're better posting this query on the Coldplaying fan site's forums to be honest...

:awesome:

Debs is bringing new members :D

June 18, 2012 - submitted by Sarah, United Kingdom[/color][/b]

Q. Hello!

I found this flyer online.

I know Coldplay and Muse used to be friends and obviously they're both very busy at the moment, but in the future do you think they would ever play a gig together again?

They're my favourite bands of all time and think it would be so amazing!

Hope you're having a great day, Oracle

The Oracle replies:

Coldplay supported Muse (as you can see in that flyer) but that was back in 2000! They have both reached the same level in terms of stadium tours and it would be very difficult - nay impossible - to get both sets of productions into one show.

They may share the same stage at event or festival but they won't tour together, no.

Speaking of production, may I just take a moment...

The tragic events at the Radiohead concert this weekend claimed the life of their drum tech, Scott Johnson. My thoughts go out to his family.

Class, Debs. :nod::)

June 18, 2012 - submitted by Anna Rose, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Dear Oracle,

I am so stressed. I'm going to see Coldplay next month (WOOO SO EXCITED!) with two of my friends. And as you can see I am very excited! I've actually been waiting for this concert for about 5 years, since when I first started listening to them when I was 11. Coldplay is more than just a band to me, they have gotten me through so many hard times and bad situations. So this concert for me is more than just a concert, it is a sort of closure. It's the end of all the bad things that happened before and looking forward to the future. Unfortunately, I don't think my friends understand this. I was talking to them the other day, and I want to be at the doors, run in, front row, like that perfect concert experience that I've yet to have! But they were like, no, let's pregame and tailgate! As you can figure I'm only 16, and I'm not against drinking or anything but seriously? This is a once in a lifetime experience possibly, and I want to do it my way. What should I do, Oracle? Do I seperate from my friends and make my own experience? Or should I just go with the flow (something that's really difficult for a control freak like myself)? Please help, I want this to be good but now I'm just stressing and worrying and being negative :(

Thank you for your help,

Anna Rose

The Oracle replies:

Do it your way but have a designated meeting point for after the show. Make sure you are all prepared with charged up phones and know what the plan is it too. I once took someone to a show who had no phone battery and she went to the bathroom leaving me with her bag, coat and purse. I didn't see her again.

She hadn't paid attention to the meeting point that we had arranged in case something happened so I stood there waiting and missed my public transport home.

When thousands of people are leaving a stadium at the same time, it can get quite hairy so please make sure you all meet & get home safely.

This girl is from the US. Problem is, unless I'm missing something, none of the upcoming US shows have GA...they are all assigned seats. I'm afraid she's going to be sorely disappointed.

This girl is from the US. Problem is, unless I'm missing something, none of the upcoming US shows have GA...they are all assigned seats. I'm afraid she's going to be sorely disappointed.

:nod:

June 19, 2012 - submitted by Joe, United Kingdom

Q. My girlfriend and I have booked tickets to see Coldplay and we can't wait! However, the tickets we have are 'obstructed view', I know it is a 360 degree stage but I was wondering, in your previous experience, how obstructed is the view exactly as we've wanted to see the band live for so long and hope we don't have bad seats! Please help

Joe

The Oracle replies:

I'm afraid I can't comment without knowing whereabouts you are but please don't get back in touch with that info as I have nothing to do with seating at all so won't be able to help.

Perhaps try the venue to see if they have a seating plan for the show up.

All I can tell you is that you may have a side of stage view which I always find intriguing to watch everything going on. I'm not sure there's such a thing as bad seats though.

Oh, and it's not a 360 degree stage so you definitely won't be sat behind the band.

June 19, 2012 - submitted by Sophie, United Kingdom

Q. Do you know when the DVD of the Mylo Xyloto Emirates shows will be released?

The Oracle replies:

Er, nobody said there is going to be a DVD from the Emirates shows so I don't know where you got that from. Let's nip that rumour in the bud.

There is going to be a DVD but it's not isolated to London.

If you see people filming the gigs, don't forget that you're seeing the live footage on huge screens and that's how they do that - with cameras.

June 19, 2012 - submitted by Esmeralda, United States of America

Q. Hi Oracle! I was wondering if the band is always this funny when they are among themselves like in this video.

Thank you.

The Oracle replies:

I have to admit that they are still this funny and do have a laugh in the studio and on tour. They're not making little films out of it but their sense of humour lives on!

It was great to see that video after such a long time. That was filmed TEN years ago!

June 19, 2012 - submitted by Esmeralda, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Hi Oracle! I was wondering if the band is always this funny when they are among themselves like in this video.

Thank you.

The Oracle replies:

I have to admit that they are still this funny and do have a laugh in the studio and on tour. They're not making little films out of it but their sense of humour lives on!

It was great to see that video after such a long time. That was filmed TEN years ago!

:awesome:

June 20, 2012 - submitted by Patricia, United States of America

Q. Dear epic Oracle,

This video when Chris was signing his dollar bill, he asked if that was legal. I asked my dad if it was and he said it was illegal. So does that mean the whole Robin Hood tax thing is illegal? I'm glad that people want to make a difference but as Chris asked, "You sure this is legal?"

Love from New Jersey,

Patricia

The Oracle replies:

The Robin Hood Tax is legal (obviously) but defacing the dollar bill - or indeed currency in many countries including the U.K - is illegal.

It's symbolic to the campaign.

Somebody really should tell magicians...

June 20, 2012 - submitted by Danny, United Kingdom

Q. Hi Oracle.

So I seen MX tour at Manchester, Etihad... Which was fantastic - obviously, and managed to grab me some MX confetti.

When I got it home I posed the question, what do these shapes mean? where do they come from? who came up with them?

Can you enlighten me with your knowledge?

Thanks.

Dan

The Oracle replies:

The confetti is based on the symbols that appear in the Mylo Xyloto artwork.

June 20, 2012 - submitted by Patricia, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Dear epic Oracle,

This video when Chris was signing his dollar bill, he asked if that was legal. I asked my dad if it was and he said it was illegal. So does that mean the whole Robin Hood tax thing is illegal? I'm glad that people want to make a difference but as Chris asked, "You sure this is legal?"

Love from New Jersey,

Patricia

The Oracle replies:

The Robin Hood Tax is legal (obviously) but defacing the dollar bill - or indeed currency in many countries including the U.K - is illegal.

It's symbolic to the campaign.

Somebody really should tell magicians...

That's me! :D

June 21, 2012 - submitted by Anna, United States of America

Q. Hi, the oh so lovely Oracle!

I'm going to one of Coldplay's upcoming U.S. shows... but I'm incredibly sad. It's just that my seat is all the way in the back of the arena and I'm surely not going to see much from back there. Chris and the rest of the band might just appear as tiny little moving dots. That's how far back my seat is!

So, I'm hoping to just sneak in towards the front of the arena (not all the way to the front, just close enough--like the middle section). I'm just wondering if you think it would be a good idea? I don't want to get caught (and considering it's going to be a huge crowd, I don't think I will--but there is always the chance of getting caught anyways), but I might feel guilty afterwards because that was someone else's seat. However, I don't think people would care much.

But do you think it's right to sneak in towards the front? Do you guys frown upon that? It's just this is my first concert and I want to enjoy it and be able to watch my favorite band up close (not to mention, I have a massive crush on Chris so this would be the only chance I'd get to see him).

I'm not explaining this all too well, but hopefully you will be able to understand what I am trying to say.

P.S.

I have this camera (a Pansonic Lumix to be exact... the ones with lenses, not the smaller ones), and I was wondering if I would be able to bring that to the concert?

The Oracle replies:

Given I'm English and of a certain age, I can't condone going where you shouldn't be. Sneaking further forward would fill me with the dread of being caught - I'm no good at breaking the rules.

Now, I do understand as I have been on the back few rows at many concerts but I still had amazing times.

The thing with the current Coldplay show is, it doesn't matter where you are sat. You're going to get the most amazing experience because of the Xylobands, fireworks, X stage, C stage and the amazing screens showing close-ups of the band throughout. Not to mention the music!

June 21, 2012 - submitted by Aude, Monaco

Q. Hi Oracle !

I was wondering if the guys play "Drawsomething" (on iphone and android) ? I'm playing with "GuyBerryman", is he the real or just a fake ?

Thaaaanks :) Aude

The Oracle replies:

You are definitely NOT playing it with our Guy Berryman! If the band are drawing something they won't be using their real names and would probably just play against their close friends and family otherwise they'd possibly have a million turns to take!

June 21, 2012 - submitted by Raquel, United States of America

Q. Greetings from Miami Florida, Oracle!

Like many fans I was ecstatic when I read Coldplay got themselves a tumblr! It's seriously the best thing since sliced bread! So who exactly would be running the blog?

The Oracle replies:

Tumblr will be much like twitter, facebook and Coldplay.com in that Anchorman will oversee it. Roadie #42, the band including Phil and sources close to the band will all contribute.

You will too if your art is reblogged.

June 21, 2012 - submitted by Raquel, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Greetings from Miami Florida, Oracle!

Like many fans I was ecstatic when I read Coldplay got themselves a tumblr! It's seriously the best thing since sliced bread! So who exactly would be running the blog?

The Oracle replies:

Tumblr will be much like twitter, facebook and Coldplay.com in that Anchorman will oversee it. Roadie #42, the band including Phil and sources close to the band will all contribute.

You will too if your art is reblogged.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! They WILL be checking tags initially. So many busted pervy Coldplayers on tumblr,lol!:lol: