✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Newsreel: Oxfam volunteers wanted for Euro shows (includes Oxfam Blog from Europe)

Jenjie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home time.

Back in the office. Back at Oxfam HQ. Back in the UK. Back home..

Antwerp was the end of the road for the European tour. Coldplay, their Stage trucks, the Beat the Street tour buses, Roadies, Fans, and Oxfam, have all gone their separate ways.. for now.

Coldplay closed out the tour with a fantastic show in front of 17′000 euphoric fans, a brand new song called ‘Glass of Water’ (acompanied by ”one of the coolest men in the world from 2 of the coolest bands in the world, The Strokes and Albert Hammond Jr” (CM), Albert Hammond Jr), a victory in the Band v Crew football, and the words “see you again soon”.

Oxfam closed out the tour with an incredible number of signatures for various Oxfam campaigns, another great group of volunteers.. and a few Fairtrade chocolate bars. Oxfam-in-Belgium gave out Fairtrade chocolate to lucky Coldplay fans who met one of our volunteers and got 3 Oxfam logo’s on their scratch card. It was a fun way to give people some information about Oxfam and on the quality of Faritrade products.

I would like to thank Coldplay, the crew, all of the great Oxfam volunteers, and all the fans who took a moment to talk to a campaigner, sign a petition, visit a stall, watch the Oxfam sphere, go online to look us up, read a leaflet or think about what they can do to make the world a fairer place. I don’t want this blog to look like an oscars speech, so that’s enough of that..

Time to restock to road case, catch up with fiends, get some laundry done, get a haircut, catch some sleep and get ready for the next leg in North America. Oxfam will again be a part of the huge Coldplay tour of 2008. I will see some of you there…

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/coldplay/?p=76