✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Meaning of the lyrics

hey,

i've got a question concerning the lyrics of 'lovers in japan', because somehow i can't understand the meaning of some lines..

has anyone an idea what's the meaning of the following:

they are turning my head out,

to see what i'm all about,

keeping my head down,

to see what it feels like now..

and why is the song called 'lovers in japan'? has there been any special situation for lovers in japan, so that they had to soldier on all the time, until the race is run?

make trade fair,

the.scientist

Well... Lovers in Japan... it is, quite frankly, about wanting to run away romantically to Osaka, hence "dreaming of the Osaka sun".

Although that part in question is probably something about how mayyybeee people are trying to find out more about him (whether this be Chris or not you decide) and he'd rather lie low with his girly.

Or at least that's the retarded way I see it.

Those who are dead are not dead they're just living in my head...

The universe is testing out Chris Martin. The society is testing out the '...little boy lost in a breaking storm...'. The trials & tribulations is for wisdom to come out and shine from negative, not necessarily the positive.

Chris or the little lost boy is keeping their heads down, to see what it feels like to be downtrodden, isolated, ostracized from community networks, living in isolation of the cruelest kind.

Putting oneself in another’s poor mans shoes (aka the original & prototype Communist - Jesus Christ), one has a dormant chance to find the answers to life’s problems, or at least one step out from '...Square One...' to the utopia we all yearn for but have been taught by The Scientists as elusive fairy tales - reigning in the realms of chaos, chance, luck & random mutations.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the whole lyrics express to go on no matter who or what will try to stop you. And to not lose hope, expressed by the beautifule metaphor "Osaka Sun" - I love this expression.

They are turning my head out To see what I’m all about Keeping my head down To see what it feels like now But I have no doubt One day, were gonna get out

People want to know everything about the person and they want to change he or she, "keeping my head down" expresses that the person is sad about this but it also shows kind of a resistance, because nobody can turn the head around while you keeping it down. In other words: The person closes him/herself up to save himself/herself.

The line that makes me wonder is:

Soldiers you’ve got to soldier on Sometimes even right is wrong - maybe it is about war and about following the instructions although it might be a wrong action...as in life keep your line and do not think a lot about it ?

• 1 month later...

Go more Deep

In general is about how the world affects on you, How confuse are you??

Try to find you like a real person, your mind....

Person in love: If U any time were in love, or that person broke UR heart imagine how is UR heart, we don`t trust anybody, we don’t want that the other person knows our feelings, why?? Because we are afraid about this person can make to us, all this keeping our head down, someday we can go to run, in that moment we can see the sun together at morning.

Soldiers: this part is amazing, imagine U as a soldier... imagine how confuse can be knows that i kill other human being???? But inside us we say OMG I’m right I’m killing bad people; I’m killing enemies; if i don’t kill they kill me..... But is ok kill people??? WHY WARS EXIST???? just confuse us.... almost all persons loves his/her family and don’t want to die... if U R a soldier maybe one day U will see the sun again with your love or your family. WE dream when the morning comes.

NOBODY WANNA FEEL LIKE THAT BUT A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THIS FEELINGS AND EVERYBODY LOVE HIS/HER COUPLE AND THAT "FEAR" FOR LOVE IS INSIDE ALL THE HUMANS BEING

srry for english :wink3:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris Martin explains the Osaka Sun refrence

Check this Japanese interview of Coldplay on youtube in regards to "lovers in Japan", he starts explaining the song at 3:13

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc7N5vaRwIw]YouTube - COLDPLAY ?Next to the Osaka sun) - Interview Japan 2009 - part, 1 (Hyakumandoru no yakei?)[/ame]

Basically when he used to play in Japan Chris Martin used to stay in Osaka and he had a hotel room with a million dollar view and the sun just looked different in Osaka, so he used that as inspiration for one of the cuts on the new alblum.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE "lovers in Japan", used to be my least favorite song on the album until I was running one day with my iPod on and this song came on right as the sun was rising over the water here in San Diego and I stopped running and stood there in awe of nature and for some strange reason I felt close to God at that moment in time.

That's the beauty of music and that's the beauty of Coldplay, thier music conjures specific emotions and pulls on certain strings that make you stop and stare in awe of the world around us.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i always put a story to this song. I always saw it as two lovers in a Japanese prison camp, where they're interrogated. hence "they are turning my head out". "one day the sun comes out", to me, represents them waiting for them to be released.

Whatever it is, i see the song as two lovers trapped in a situation, and both of them believe they'll get out of it. they know the "sun" will come out.

• 1 month later...

I guess this is over a year late, but the lyrics make perfect sense to me.

Its about 2 lovers who are finding their way together "Lovers keep on the road you're on, lovers until the race is won"

No matter what happens, stick it out together "Soldiers you have to soldier one........" "Sometimes even the right is wrong"

So no matter what happens - stay together because you were meant for each other. The whole of the song is about 2 lovers being together against all the odds.

I love this song and I used to listen to it when I was training for a half marathon. It reminded me of my soul mate and I being able to be together one day