✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Classical Music

ricardo

Classical music is nice to listen to, but it's even better to play!

I couldn't kid myself by saying that I'd like it as much as I do if I didn't play violin.

If anyone's interested, I'd suggest checking out Dvořák. He's written some great stuff!

We've played two pieces by him in my orchestra.

My favorite is his New World Symphony No. 9 (4th movement), which wasn't too hard to play, but was extremely fun! It's pretty epic.

Sorry I couldn't find a version on youtube that fit the whole song into one video, but it's such a great movement, so I really recommend you hear the whole thing! Just do this:

You can listen through the whole first video and then skip to 9:40 on the second one to pick up where it left off. The second video cuts off a little early on the last note, but that's all it is. Them holding out that final note for a few seconds.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-y5ONP_Vsg&feature=related]YouTube- Dvorak - Symphony No. 9 From the New World - 4th movement[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqoDVuGX8JI&feature=related]YouTube- Dvorak Symphony No 9: From the New World, 4th Movement[/ame]

The other was the Carnival Overture, which was very difficult to play.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTgHz90x-U]YouTube- Dvorák - "Carnival" Overture[/ame]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't learn to play violin, well, I haven't given myself time.

*is jealous*

I hope you can find the time! It's a rewarding instrument. Gives a great feeling of accomplishment to be able to play it. :)

^^ I played that 4th movement in All-Region orchestra my sophomore year. It was awesome. :cheesy:

Isn't it? :D

lovely! I would argue that Satie is classical, no less than debussy, unless you're just referring to the time period between the baroque and romantic movements.

Yep. That's why I said it. Plus, his style on his compositions is more on the avant gard, minimalist music precursors. Of course one can also consider him as classical.

Man, that Nocturne gave me chills. It's really beautiful.

I hope you can find the time! It's a rewarding instrument. Gives a great feeling of accomplishment to be able to play it. :)

I can't say I agree. I'm taking String Methods right now, where I've been chosen to play viola. String instruments are the most complicated things in the world. They're so fragile and high-maintenance, and you have to do things in a crazy specific way, or it's wrong. That viola is honestly the most challenging instrument I've ever encountered up to this point, and I've dealt with my fair share of instruments.

With that said, however, I do admire those who can play those instruments, knowing now how hard it is for me personally.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love Chopin!

Actually in my last.fm profile the artist with the most scrobblings is him. :stunned:

This is my fav. prelude of his...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5yXhy11IVg]YouTube- ‪Frederice Chopin - Prelude No. 15 in D flat major Op. 28.‬‎[/ame]

hahaha there was this old woman at our shop some days ago....she wanted to buy a Beethoven CD and told me whenever she is listening to Beethoven her daughter comes in and asks if she is listening to gothic music...:wacky:

BAHAHA. I can understand that. Beethoven is good, though, so I don't care how gothic it sounds.

Well see, that's the thing. His earlier music reflects the Classical Era, but his later music shifted toward what later was known as the Romantic Era, which is why he's referred to as the father of that era of music.

I have learned much from my Music History 1 class. :wacky:

• 2 weeks later...