✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Classical Music

ricardo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU9fCqnMlgU]YouTube - Vitamin String Quartet viva la vida - Coldplay[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26kecngAjM&feature=related]YouTube - Sibelius Suite for Violin and Strings op.117[/ame]

Seblius has nice stuff. Also check out Schubert, Vivaldi, or Bartok (for a more modern take on string quartets)

EDIT: Also agree with those who have posted about "The Seasons." It's a great string piece. My brass quintet is currently working on "Autumn" for a wedding this weekend. It's pretty hairy for brass....lots of sixteenth and thirty-second notes....'cause we have to mimic strings, which is difficult for brass players.

Vivaldi Summer is better. Go and listen to Bach Brandenburg concerts, will blow you away

indeed i loved Bach's music is soo great, i loved them, thanks.

;)

YouTube - Vitamin String Quartet viva la vida - Coldplay

Seblius has nice stuff. Also check out Schubert, Vivaldi, or Bartok (for a more modern take on string quartets)

EDIT: Also agree with those who have posted about "The Seasons." It's a great string piece. My brass quintet is currently working on "Autumn" for a wedding this weekend. It's pretty hairy for brass....lots of sixteenth and thirty-second notes....'cause we have to mimic strings, which is difficult for brass players.

ohh i didn't knew about this version of VLV, very nice, thank you :)

and the over vid was amazing, i loved it soo much :D

YouTube - Camille Saint-Saëns - Danse Macabre[/url]

fucking LISTEN

ohh i'm fucking adding this too!!

hey Tata didn't knew you like it too, thanks for the advice, beautiful

YouTube - Exogenesis Symphony Pt 1: Overture by Muse[/url]:D

:dozey:

EHEM, i'm a big fan of Muse, so this is kinda making fun of me to post this, you didn't knew about it anyway so it's ok :), i already have this one ;)

Guest howyousawtheworld
YouTube - Camille Saint-Saëns - Danse Macabre[/url]

fucking LISTEN

I love that piece noonsun! Cheers!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKz6XJlI_jk]YouTube - The Lark Ascending - Ralph Vaughan Williams[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAFflPB29MU]YouTube - Saving Private Ryan - Music Video[/ame]

indeed i loved Bach's music is soo great, i loved them, thanks.

ohh i didn't knew about this version of VLV, very nice, thank you :)

and the over vid was amazing, i loved it soo much :D

ohh i'm fucking adding this too!!

hey Tata didn't knew you like it too, thanks for the advice, beautiful

:dozey:

EHEM, i'm a big fan of Muse, so this is kinda making fun of me to post this, you didn't knew about it anyway so it's ok :), i already have this one ;)

:confused: oh i'm sorry i didn't realise! i'm a big fan of muse as well:)

• 5 months later...

I like him: Like romantic and some early modern composers his work is dense and intense, fantasy and feelings play an important role, but in my opinion, will never be as intense and deep as Bach's fugues and fantasies. I see most romantic, modernist, post-romantic, impressionist, expressionism etc (I'm unacquainted with the lots of other trends of the 20th century, like minimalism) as perfect soundtracks, while Baroque music is rather ethereal and deep. It's like grabbing a violin and make it speak to the infinite and receiving the response in your spirit.

I remember listening to Danse Macabre in a cartoon when I was a kid. Don't remember which one though. It must have been in Bugs Bunny, or Mickey or Tom & Jerry.

Btw it's amazing that current toons (well actually I may be wrong, but last time I checked) are rubbish, when classic ones such as Bugs Bunny & Buddies and Mickey used looots of classical music. (And of course the plot etc)

I remember listening to Danse Macabre in a cartoon when I was a kid. Don't remember which one though. It must have been in Bugs Bunny, or Mickey or Tom & Jerry.

Btw it's amazing that current toons (well actually I may be wrong, but last time I checked) are rubbish, when classic ones such as Bugs Bunny & Buddies and Mickey used looots of classical music. (And of course the plot etc)

Bugs Bunny first got me appreciative of classical music, the chase scenes combined with music are really amazing and also super impressive technically. I really wish cartoons were still like old Looney Tunes because I would unquestionably watch them all the time.