✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Classical Music

ricardo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ The most famous of all, I believe. Now that you say that there are many of them, I realise I actually like 2-3... those I've heard... they are just quite so similar...

Btw, have you heard the Moonlight (Sonate) by Claude Debussy? I think it's very... magical.

• 4 weeks later...

^ Do you mean 'Clair de Lune"? That's not technically a Sonata, but part of his Suite Bergamasque.

Now possibly the most famous and recognizable classical piano piece around is the 1st movement of Beethoven's Sonata no. 14 later nicknamed "Moonlight Sonata". They both pretty much mean the same thing and are both very magical. So I'm not exactly sure which one you're talking about.

Tonight I sat through two straight recitals at my university. The first was bigger deal because it featured an amazing violinist along with a cellist and a couple different pianists (all women). Some of the pieces were really beautiful, and as an encore they came out and did an instrumental cover of "100 years" by five for fighting!

After that was a regular piano recital which had a great sonata by Beethoven I hadn't heard before, but there was one segment where she played 4 straight impromptu's by Schubert that were really dry and monotonous. I nearly fell asleep. But overall it was very impressive. Musicians at these recitals never cease to amaze me.

(Moonlight) Its my favorite piece to play on piano (one of the few classical pieces I know). Beethoven once exasperatedly said "Surely I written better things!" (paraphrase). I think way more impressive is the 3rd movement of that Sonata. It is chaotic and epic. Sort of Beethoven's Paranoid Android :P. Each movement of that Sonata is completely unlike the others (except for the key).

Thats cool. I once read a study that said listening to baroque music that has a steady rythm seriously improves ones ability to retain information while studying. the stats were pretty cool.

Here's my favorite interpretation of my favorite Sonata (I can play the 2nd mvt. but my favorite is the 3rd.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq4G3KRAuXc&feature=related]YouTube - Pathetique 1 mov[/ame]

I posted this on the other page but the page switched over while I was posting so here :P

My favorite interpretation of my favorite Sonata (I can play the 2nd mvt. but my favorite is the 3rd.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq4G3KRAuXc&feature=related]YouTube - Pathetique 1 mov[/ame]