✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Classical Music

ricardo

I'm surprised there is n't a thread for this beauty. Or am I the only one who sometimes listents to moonlight sonata??

Instead of adding thread for Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Haydn etc etc I decided to create one thread.

So... do you like classical music? or do you find it boring? (if so please refrain from posting here)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised there is n't a thread for this beauty. Or am I the only one who sometimes listents to moonlight sonata??

Instead of adding thread for Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Haydn etc etc I decided to create one thread.

So... do you like classical music? or do you find it boring? (if so please refrain from posting here)

you are right.

even if someone could find it difficult, classical music is very important.

i do listen to classic music from time to time, i used to listen to it more often some time ago... my fave is the four seasons, i used to listen to it when i was writing and it was very useful. :)

i used to like Beethoven and Schubert too.

thanks for this thread Ricardo :clap:

anyways do you think that there are any artists that could be considered as classic?

eg: some orchestra director, musician, ambient musician, multi-instrumentalist, vocal band...?

i think that it would be interesting to discuss that, that way may we will discover some artists that is not very known. :idea2:

I grew up on classical music. as a little kid I used to read with my mom while having mozart or pachelbel's canon playing the background. In fact, took me a while to latch onto modern music, I hated the stuff my siblings liked so I was kind of reluctant to get into the fray (a pun....I mean the band's okay, but I wouldn't spend money on an album....).

Last semester I really got into a classical music phase. I spent weeks teaching myself moonlight (which I promptly forgot over the summer, and only just relearned it today :D ), and the adagio cantabile 2nd. mvt. of beethoven's pathetique sonata.

I wish I had more classical on my mp3 player, but just last week I put some chopin on there, mostly nocturnes (op. 9 no. 1, no. 2 etc.). So yeah, I used to be really into mozart but my current faves. are beethoven and chopin, I'm easily tired by baroque, harpsichord stuff. Oh, and I also like Debussy. Even if you're not into classical or just impressionist music, we've all watched ocean's 11 enough times to get clair de lune eventually.

oh..and responding to ricardo....there's classical music and the classical era. The former is what most people use to generalize anything before the mid 20th century of certain instrumentation and style. but the classical era in music succeeded the baroque era and took place somewhere around the late 18th century and mid 19th century. After that was the romantic era....

I like classical music, especially opera.Carmen, Madame Butterfly, Die Meistersinger von Nuremberg, Le Nozze di Figaro are my favorites.I also like Tchaikovsky, Bach (Cello), Berlioz and Handel.

I used to sing at the National Opera in Brussels when I was a kid.I loved it and so I still listen to classical music once in a while.

• 3 months later...

Chopin is nice, Beethoven's astounding, and Mozart is superb! And I was listening to an ABBA song, thinking they must have worked in a classical piano piece as the general central piano part; SOS is the name of the tune.. I need to go fetch the YouTube version.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4JEmz4FoJE]YouTube - ABBA-S.O.S.[/ame]

• 1 month later...

Classical, anyone?

I've looked at some of the topics here, and IDK if this has been brought up or not, but how many of you listen to classical music, and what composers/eras/pieces do you like?

Sorry if I sound like a nerd; this is a genre of music I grew up listening to. :P

i like classical quite a bit. of course that i'd like to listen to more than just the well known stuff, but it's good! one piece of classical work that's one of my favorites is "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun". it's just a very emotional piece of work that brings joy and sadness at the same time. also of course I love Beethoven's monlight sonata, probably one of, if not, the greatest chord progressions ever made

Classical aye? Have you heard the string quartet version of Viva La Vida?

I haven't. no. I imagine it would sound nice, though.

^ "The Moonlight Sonata" is a favorite of mine as well. The other one sounds vaguely familiar...do you know the composer?

I myself love the Romantic era. I listen to people like Chopin, Tchaikovsky and Schumann. I listen to some Contemporary and Baroque as well. Classical era, I'm not so fond of, but if I find something I like, I can get into it.

I like classical...so relaxing and a great escape way!! I love music ballet so Tchaikovsky is my big fav, but I love Delibes, Prokofiev...

As for composer, loooove Gershwin (Rhapsody in blue *w*), Stravinsky, Rachmaninov (piano concerto n°2 *w*), and of course Mozart, Bethoveen, Strauss etc...!

Sorry, Lyric. As I said, I wasn't too sure. Thanks for alerting to that, though.

^ I have a two-disc set of the best of Stravinsky. I rather like the Firebird suite. :) Also, as a horn player, I'm rather found of both franz and Richard Strauss. They wrote some nice horn concertos. ^_^

I actually don't care much for Mozart. His choral stuff (e.g. Requiem) is nice, though.