✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Should I buy a Gretsch?

fakfak

OK, so my new job is going pretty well now, and I've finally got enough money coming in to finally buy a top of the line guitar. I'm currently leaning towards a Gretsch Tennesee Rose.

I really like it's tone, but, I'm not sure if it's good for the music I will be playing. If I'm in a U2/Coldplay/Radiohead/etc. cover band, how will this guitar work for this type of music? I've heard that Jonny Greenwood has used one, but I've never seen him use it on any of the 4 occasions(sp?), I've seen Radiohead live. I'm a bit worried that although I love the sound of the guitar now, it will suck for the kind of gigging I intend to do with it...:confused:

Thoughts? Opinions?

Gretsch makes beautiful guitars with great sound, that's for sure. But i would get a Gibson ES-335.. :cool: A pelham blue one with 70's perloid inlays.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5OEB7_EQKU]YouTube - Lifehouse - Blind (Live Version)[/ame]

• 1 month later...

"you can't try how it sounds on the shop where you'll buy it?."

I did try it, and I really liked the sound, I just got the sense that despite liking the tone of the guitar by itself, I'd come to regret the choice when using it with my band given the style of music that we play. Ultimately(sp?), I decided not to get it and bought a Les Paul instead (and I'm very happy with the LP...:D)

"you can't try how it sounds on the shop where you'll buy it?."

I did try it, and I really liked the sound, I just got the sense that despite liking the tone of the guitar by itself, I'd come to regret the choice when using it with my band given the style of music that we play. Ultimately(sp?), I decided not to get it and bought a Les Paul instead (and I'm very happy with the LP...:D)

LP :thumbsup: great choice. :clap: congrats.

you could get it later if you still like it, i mean even if you won't use it for your band, but if you liked the sound. :thinking:

"you could get it later if you still like it, i mean even if you won't use it for your band, but if you liked the sound"

I probably will get one at some point, as I've now had the opportunity to play several and am quite fond of their unique sound, but at this point I'm happy with the 4 guitars I have (plus my girlfriend probably wouldn't tolerate my expanding the collection any further at the moment:laugh3:)