✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Chris Martin Hints Retirement Next Year

busybeeburns

Chris Martin is planning to retire next year. The Coldplay frontman doesn't want to become an aging rock star and is keen to quit music before he feels too old.

He said: "I'm 31 now and I don't think bands should keep going past 33."

"So we're trying to pack in as much as possible. Up until the end of next year, we'll just go for it in every sense. I don't believe in time off."

"We've still got our own hair, we can still fit into our musical trousers and we've got to make the most of that."

The "Clocks" singer - whose last album "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" topped the album charts in 36 countries - claim his band have only had such a successful year because their rivals have taken a break.

He added: "The reason we're the biggest band in the world at the moment is because the others are on holiday. That's how you get your breaks. That's how the understudy gets his opportunity."

"While U2 and Green Day are away, we've gotten to make the most of it."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013092824

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when he says stuff like this BUT unlike things he has said in the past I'm afraid he might actually mean it this time.

It's not the first time it has been said, and it hasn't been just Chris saying it, they all have in various formats, even Phil said that they had already planned their end game.

Didn't Chris hint at this in an earlier interview? I hope he's just joking and that the band will not be disappearing just yet. As Mimixxx says though, maybe this really could be the end... :(

He's being far too modest about the success of Coldplay, as usual. They deserve to have done so well because their music is, quite simply, PERFECT!

The reason why their music is so good is that it comes from the heart.

He said it himself once something like this - "We may not be the greatest musicians, we are not that good musicians, but we are just 4 guys who love music above all and that's what makes us go on and create good songs."

I think this is more than enough. Sure,there are more talented musicians,singers etc. But it's not heartfelt music... ;)

So shut up Chris! lol

They're also four guys with wives and children...so they may have a passion for music, but I'd bet they're not willing to miss their children growing up for it!

I guess we'll see in what happens in 2010, but there's no way they can continue forever at the pace they're going now. Maybe we'll get a more relaxed version of Coldplay in the future, who knows.

They're also four guys with wives and children...so they may have a passion for music, but I'd bet they're not willing to miss their children growing up for it!

I guess we'll see in what happens in 2010, but there's no way they can continue forever at the pace they're going now. Maybe we'll get a more relaxed version of Coldplay in the future, who knows.

yeah, i agree with you ;)

as long as they love music, they can always get back to it - even if they release an album every 5 years.

is only my impression or that is a tradition?.. chris uses to say things like that several times... worrying if this time it'll be true, but may be are some comment that someone has taken off the original contest on purpose to worry us. :thinking:

i hope it won't be true.

But i would accept that they decide to give themselves a break for a while after the tour, but i want they keep on music later.

I admire Chris for his modesty, but he is quite honestly one of the greatest songwriters and vocalists of our generation, and modern music. Coldplay is a band that there will never be another of. Their sound and compositional brilliance is simply a milestone in music and although it would be epic for them to burn out rather than fade away... they only seem to be going up. I beg that they reconsider!

They may take a break for some times and they surely not tour as they used to in order to stay with their family..but they never stop doing music...! Chris always jokes on stage how Coldplay will look like when they'll be 50!! XD

Plus they love this too much. As they said, they're just 'getting better', they'll not stop now...Maybe I'm wrong, but I really think he didn't mean what he said...

It's just like a few time ago, which led to that pic:

2zozvwx.png

I have faith in my boys :smug:

when and if they retire (i hope never) they will give better reasons than age, hair and to fit into their musical trousers :lol: (love this smilie).

:lol: :lol: Yeah

they are not going to quit! Not so soon..im sure about it.. we still going to see them with 50 years old :D dont worrie !