✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay's Chris Martin Hints Retirement Next Year

busybeeburns

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG NOOOOOO!!! :huh2:

But I wouldn't be suprised, I'm sure the band misses thier family. I would be heart broken if there were no more concerts.

There would have to be a farewell tour to support the final album I would think. It will truely be a sad day when they do retire.

PS> This is all part of NOT TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED... I will always remember VLV as being the best album of 2008 and its title track as the best single. Even though this IS a Coldplay forum they top my list in other bands forums as well. Long live this band... Viva will live forever as the best of the year.

Chris Martin is planning to retire next year. The Coldplay frontman doesn't want to become an aging rock star and is keen to quit music before he feels too old.

He said: "I'm 31 now and I don't think bands should keep going past 33."

"So we're trying to pack in as much as possible. Up until the end of next year, we'll just go for it in every sense. I don't believe in time off."

"We've still got our own hair, we can still fit into our musical trousers and we've got to make the most of that."

The "Clocks" singer - whose last album "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" topped the album charts in 36 countries - claim his band have only had such a successful year because their rivals have taken a break.

He added: "The reason we're the biggest band in the world at the moment is because the others are on holiday. That's how you get your breaks. That's how the understudy gets his opportunity."

"While U2 and Green Day are away, we've gotten to make the most of it."

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013092824

:o

I don't know what to say,but if i don't see him i'll really die with some or some disease...He's the only one who keeps my life going...:cry:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Something WILL change eventually though. Like I said before there's no way they can continue at the rate they have been for the past 6 years. Chris especially, he just never ever seems to stop working. He said himself "I don't believe in time off".

Hopefully that'll mean they'll just slow down.

Whatever happens it's not the end of the world ;)

was this posted?

Q. Hi!

I saw on a website that Chris wanted to stop the musique at 33. :(

Is that true??

The Oracle replies:

I wouldn't say ignore everything you read in the press per se but I would advise you to take many things Chris says with a pinch of salt. Of course when he says things like this it makes a big news headline, but the actual truth is Chris doesn't necessarily mean he's gonna be done when he's 33, he's making the point that he doesn't think they'll have much of a place when they're old men! That's a long time off and who knows how they'll feel along that journey? Don't take everything you hear to literally, sometimes it's a moment in time and nothing more.

I some what thought the same as Debs said about Chris.They may still do music who knows it...I have hope.....

I can't live literally without seeing them live.After the last Philly show i've seen i decided that i'll see them again and again till the end of my life and no matter what how old i am and Chris is but one day will surely meet him too.:)

I hope Chris and Coldplay will not give up.:)

Hey BostonSportsTD, are you feeling better now after this?

yes. i actually didn't believe chris in the first place but this thread just gave me another chance to whine! haha basically im just upset that im not hearing prospekts march today so im moping around the forum. but in my honest opinion i think its chris just having a big mouth again and im really not that worried.

Coldplay have released 4 albums. Their contract stipulates them to release at least 6 albums and re-negotiating contracts is very hard and a very crap process if the band want to pull out.

The chances are that as the article says (thats linked below says) they may put out a greatest hits contract to fulfill the album, but as Chris has stated Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y were the first trilogy, so its likely in my mind there will be two more albums following VLV to complete the second trilogy and then a 7th greatest hits album released well into the future on either EMI or a different label.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2008/08/coldplay-to-put-out-fifth-album-in-2009.html

“Coldplay are signed to a long term record deal with EMI and are committed to produce a number of albums. The band's relationship with EMI is both long-term and positive.

i think this specific instance is chris making fun of reporters again without them getting it. bands not going past 33? look at all his favorite bands! :lol:. i feel like i can safely say i KNOW he's kidding in this quote.

these guys change their minds every freaking day, on this and other matters. one day they say something like this, the next they say "the best is yet to come" and "if you think VLVOD was good, just wait for the next one." i don't think they have ANY idea on their plans more than 6 months into the future. chris runs his mouth off all the time.

i know he's said stuff like this before and phil and whoever has too, about them knowing how they're going to end it, but i think that's also mostly talk. ok, they might not want to go on for ever, but i don't think they have a last year in mind or anything like that. i feel like, knowing them in the tiny way we do, they'll go until it doesn't feel right to go on any more. and i don't think they're feeling that now. they might only be around for 5 years more or something, but i really don't think we have much to worry about yet.

these guys change their minds every freaking day, on this and other matters. one day they say something like this, the next they say "the best is yet to come" and "if you think VLVOD was good, just wait for the next one." i don't think they have ANY idea on their plans more than 6 months into the future. chris runs his mouth off all the time.

More like 6 minutes with these guys :lol:.

Imagine being there when they pick the setlist for an album, would be crazy :laugh3:.

^exactly. :P

i really believe these are men without long-term plans. i'll bet anything they go on feeling more than anything, and as modest and self-defeating as chris can be to the press, thinking they have no fans or anything like that, i bet they KNOW they can't quit now. in some ways, i think they've just figured out a lot about themselves and their music, and they know it would be a waste to stop now.