✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Sep-2009: Manchester, LCCC, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

I'm not sure what all that blue stuff at the top of the picture is either. Never seen that before in Mcr :confused:

look out the window :P

Okay :D Well if Lori and Min agree I'll see what I can find :D

I can help :D

Had a look at my fave place (Travel Lodge), and if you want out of the City Centre, there's Manchester Didsbury. Its £51 a night at the mo, with free parking. Its next to the Cineworld cinema, and by default pizza hut, Frankie & Benny's, Chicquitos, Nandos & Burger King. Bus from there is about 15 mins into city centre, and I think you can get a bus from there to withing walking distance of LCCC.

If you fancy something a little more original: there's the Normanhurst hotel. Its in Sale, about 15 mins walk from Brooklands tram stop, and the tram is about 10/15 mins from there to LCCC, 15/20 mins into town. Room prices B&B start from £45, and it is a very nice breakfast :D (had my first breakfast as a married woman there :), and we stayed there after my sister's wedding too). And its free parking again.

On Late Rooms, all the hotels around LCCC seem to be full already.

still looking at other options :D

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a look at my fave place (Travel Lodge), and if you want out of the City Centre, there's Manchester Didsbury. Its £51 a night at the mo, with free parking. Its next to the Cineworld cinema, and by default pizza hut, Frankie & Benny's, Chicquitos, Nandos & Burger King. Bus from there is about 15 mins into city centre, and I think you can get a bus from there to withing walking distance of LCCC.

If you fancy something a little more original: there's the Normanhurst hotel. Its in Sale, about 15 mins walk from Brooklands tram stop, and the tram is about 10/15 mins from there to LCCC, 15/20 mins into town. Room prices B&B start from £45, and it is a very nice breakfast :D (had my first breakfast as a married woman there:), and we stayed there after my sister's wedding too). And its free parking again.

Awww sweet :nice:

Both sound very good Jen... What time are the earliest bus/tram services in Manchester?

Just asking :D

look out the window :P

If you fancy something a little more original: there's the Normanhurst hotel. Its in Sale, about 15 mins walk from Brooklands tram stop, and the tram is about 10/15 mins from there to LCCC, 15/20 mins into town. Room prices B&B start from £45, and it is a very nice breakfast :D (had my first breakfast as a married woman there :), and we stayed there after my sister's wedding too). And its free parking again.

Thanks a lot Jen :nice: :dance:

I'll take a look at them both :D :kiss:

Awww sweet :nice:

Both sound very good Jen... What time are the earliest bus/tram services in Manchester?

Just asking :D

Tram:

To Manchester Piccadilly (tram you'll need to get to LCCC from Brooklands):

Fri & Sat - First: 05:59 Last: 00:23

To Altrincham (tram to get back to Brooklands):

Fri & Sat - First: 05:43 Last: 01:04

Bus:

depends on the route number

If you need to get the bus your best bet is 263, it runs every 20 mins in the day on a sat I think, from piccadilly to alitrincham, basically along side the tram route, I'd stick to the tram though as it stops basically outside of L.C.C.C

oh these hotel rooms seem expensive, i booked a room at a hostel (Hatters), and it looks like some coldplay fans are staying there too, i thought maybe it's someone from here, if so let me know who you are!:)

Right girlies. I need to know what everyone is doing.

Manchester Didsbury Travelodge seems like the best option (thanks Jen :kiss:) we can get a family room (which consists of a double bed and a pull out double bed - if people are okay with bunking up, the beds are quite large) for £51 per night.

So Mel and Lori have their flights booked and will be arriving on Friday morning, so we'll definitely need it for the Friday night for three of us. When are you coming to Manchester Min? Friday also?

I know Mel was talking about driving back to mine after the gig, which I don't mind doing, but it'll be a bit nightmarish and we won't be able to get a train to London at that time of night anyway.

It only takes 45 minutes to get to mine from Manchester, so if we got a train pretty much as soon as we got back in the morning we won't arrive in London much earlier than if I had driven back after the gig...if that makes sense :thinking: :lol: Plus you'll get a decent night sleep so you're not too jetlagged and tired when we arrive in London.

Soo in conclusion (long winded :lol:) if we book the hotel for Friday and Saturday night it'll cost us £102 (£25.50 each) which isn't too bad.

But if that's too expensive or you don't want to bunk up I'll look again. The room looks nice though and is in a good location and I don't mind sleeping on the floor if anyone doesn't want to bunk.

Let me know :D

Manchester Didsbury Travelodge seems like the best option (thanks Jen :kiss:) we can get a family room (which consists of a double bed and a pull out double bed - if people are okay with bunking up, the beds are quite large) for £51 per night.

So Mel and Lori have their flights booked and will be arriving on Friday morning, so we'll definitely need it for the Friday night for three of us. When are you coming to Manchester Min? Friday also?

I know Mel was talking about driving back to mine after the gig, which I don't mind doing, but it'll be a bit nightmarish and we won't be able to get a train to London at that time of night anyway.

It only takes 45 minutes to get to mine from Manchester, so if we got a train pretty much as soon as we got back in the morning we won't arrive in London much earlier than if I had driven back after the gig...if that makes sense :thinking: :lol: Plus you'll get a decent night sleep so you're not too jetlagged and tired when we arrive in London.

Soo in conclusion (long winded :lol:) if we book the hotel for Friday and Saturday night it'll cost us £102 (£25.50 each) which isn't too bad.

But if that's too expensive or you don't want to bunk up I'll look again. The room looks nice though and is in a good location and I don't mind sleeping on the floor if anyone doesn't want to bunk.

you're welcome hun :)

Thanks, travel agent Mich:D (and Jen too;))

Sounds great! Looks nice and clean.

Mel's vote: Book it:cool:

I'll most probably be in London by that time Mich... If all you girls are arriving Friday, I would most like take a train or whatever form of public transport most suitable to Manchester on Friday too :D

The place looks good, and the price sounds decent. No problems with bunking!

:dance:

Okay. :D Well if Lori agrees I'll book it :D

By the way getting to Manchester. Train is faster (about 2 and a half hours) but can be pricey. The earlier you book, the better. Oh and if you do decide to get the train, don't book a return ticket as often it's cheaper to buy two single tickets :idea2:

You can also get a National Express Coach which is cheap but takes 5 hours.