✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New here(sort of)

darkpeacefuleyes

Hey everyone,

I've been a member of this forum for about a week and a half, but I haven't posted before now. So hello! :-) My name is Joshua, I'm 20 years old(soon to turn 21 in a little over two months), and I've been a Coldplay fan for three weeks(yes, that's right, three weeks.)

It all started when I saw "The Scientist" video on VH1(for the first time), about a month ago. I don't watch the music stations as much as I used to, so I hadn't seen it before then. Needless to say, I was completely blown away by the melody, the images, and that voice! I had to find out who this band was. So I wrote the name of the band down and forgot about it for about a week.

A week later, I was looking through WinMX, and I came across the full length mp3 of "A Rush Of Blood To The Head." I don't like to download things that are available to buy in print, but since I didn't know whether or not I would like their music, I decided to take a chance, download it, and burn it to cd.

The next day, I listened to nothing else but that album. Later on that day, I rushed out to the store, and came home with "Parachutes" and a printed copy of "A Rush Of Blood To The Head"(I then threw the burned copy away.) "Parachutes" also blew me away, and I honestly can't say which one I prefer...I love them both equally.

In three weeks time, I've turned into a massive Coldplay fan. I listen to a lot of older music(from the 70s and 80s), because I find a lot of newer music to be lacking in quality and artistic value. Coldplay is different. Their music is sensitive, artistic, intense, and harmonic. I've also heard all of the bsides and rare songs(I just burned a 4 cd set of Coldplay rareties that I found), and I can't name a song that I don't like(even the covers.) That is very rare to me, because usually there are at least a few songs that I don't like by an artist. But I have to say that I enjoy them all.

A little bit more about me - I'm also a musician(I play guitar, piano, sing, and also write my own material); I'm currently trying to get a record deal. I also write my own poetry and stories. I listen to all kinds of music, but my favorite genre is rock. Some of my other favorite musicians are Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Semisonic, Tonic, Rush, King Crimson, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Gentle Giant, The Beatles, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Steve Hackett, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Dream Theater, Kate Bush, and a lot more.

Well, I hope to meet other Coldplay fans here. Take care.

I think mine started on "Yellow" time also. i saw the vidoe clip on VH1. but i first baught parachutes in Canada. I had ROBTTH i think a day after it came out.

People says it suits me to hear them.