✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

5-Mar-2009: Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia - Tickets, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

I was at this concert, and have a few videos from the top left hand side of the arena... I would like to post them, but am still working out how. Coldplay were amazing, the most enjoyable concert I've been to. I thought the supporting acts would have been more enjoyable if the stadium was smaller, especially Decoder Ring. The screens they used were minute in comparison to the whole arena... I was heaps impressed that Coldplay managed to make their show feel so intimate.

What did other people think of the support acts??

• 2 weeks later...

i see someone was eager to see GOW from this show...sorry for the crap quality (it's b/c i have a crap camera :( :embarassed:) ...here it is...

here's some of Yellow too...

this was the second time i'd seen the guys, and we had a fantastic time....my kids especially. it was also the first concert for my 9 yo. we can't wait for them to come back down to oz again. :)

• 1 month later...

Hows it going folks. I managed to film about 90% of the concert on this night using a HD cam. Ive just started uploading my footage to my youtube channel. So far ive only uploaded Fix You. Its in 720p so be sure to press the HD button when viewing.

Here is the link to Fix You

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7j5jrMurhE]YouTube - Fix You (HD) - Coldplay Live In Melbourne[/ame]

Ill upload more when I get chance

enjoy

Chris

walkingboyfilms

Don't insult my intelligence. What did you use, did you smuggle a video recorder in or was it on your digital camera?

Sorry buddy didnt mean to offend, didnt know what you meant, asking how i recorded it could mean anything. Besides, I did say in the original post that I used a HD cam, as in High Definition camcorder.

Sorry buddy didnt mean to offend, didnt know what you meant, asking how i recorded it could mean anything. Besides, I did say in the original post that I used a HD cam, as in High Definition camcorder.

Tis alright man, I'm not proficient in the technology area...

Hello again,

Footage for the song "Yellow" is now uploaded. Watch out for the sample of "You're the voice" Chris Martin sings at the end, its pretty cool :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcZg0PgrJxU]YouTube - Coldplay Live In Melbourne - Yellow (HD)[/ame]

Ah, a premonition of the wonderful performance given at Sound Relief just a few days later. Thanks yee

You never ended up telling me how your Sound Relief experience was... Did you get to 'run with the Chris' in the SCG outfield??

Hello again,

hope you are all enjoying the videos ive uploaded so far. Thought id post a complete list of all the songs I recorded, some were not filmed 100% Begining to end.

1. Life In Technicolor
  2. Violet Hill
  3. In My Place
  4. Yellow
  5. Fix You
  6. Strawberry Swing
  7. Talk
  8. The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away
  9. Viva La Vida (only first minute of song)
  10. Lost!
  11. Speed Of Sound
  12. I'm A Believer
  13. Death Will Never Conquer
  14. Viva La Vida remix interlude
  15. Lovers in Japan
  16. Death And All His Friends
  17. The Scientist
  18. Life In Technicolor II (Beginning and end only)

Might take me a while to get them all uploaded but ill keep you posted. Be sure to leave a comment against any of the videos on my youtube channel if you like them and please do checkout my channel for others videos ive uploaded. The web link to my channel is at the bottom of this message

Also Im not sure if anyone has shared this before but you can see a complete song set for this night here:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/coldplay/2009/rod-laver-arena-melbourne-australia-australia-53d6cf2d.html

More videos coming shortly... :sneaky:

Chris

walkingboyfilms

www.youtube.com/walkingboyfilms

• 2 weeks later...

well im not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but in case there is ive just uploaded Death and all his friends. Audio goes a little funny at the end, did my best to fix it up but its only noticable for a few seconds

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ZrCzu-T0w]YouTube - Coldplay - Death and all his friends - Live In Melbourne (HD)[/ame]