✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

11-Feb-2009: Tokyo, Saitama Super Arena - Tickets, Previews, Reviews

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay in Tokyo

First concert of 2009! COLDPLAY~

To be honest, I haven’t been following them since their 3rd album, X &Y, as I was more than a little disappointed. I don’t remember why really.

I’ve always thought that Chris Martin has the most heavenly voice though. He sounds like some gorgeous, tortured, angsty angel. And he didn’t disappoint last night. His erratic-hyper-slow-mo-bouncing-against-invisible-barriers-and-off-the-wall style of dancing was also strangely mesmerizing. And the two HD(?) screens flanking the stage was Serious Stuff. You could see everything perfectly. I liked the balloony-inner-projection thingies too. And the concert director (producer? I forget who) did pretty much a perfect job with the camera direction, never boring and always great shots at the right moment.

3272281920_547c969307.jpg?v=0

Great concert (minus the screaming “I Love You CHRRRRISSSS~~” girls)!!~ What I’d really like to see is them doing an acoustic concert though. Still, it was fun and their new stuff sounds more interesting… might drop by HMV to check out the album. Now I’m itching to get me tickets to Jason Mraz’s concert. He’s coming in 2 weeks time. Why didn’t I buy tickets!!!? Boohoo~

p.s. amazingly my camera decided to behave itself throughout the concert - once we were outside, it decided to go on strike again!

http://kiapkiap.me/2009/02/coldplay-in-tokyo/

• 2 weeks later...