• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Look's like somebody's in love with himself

You should make us a tutorial then

I couldnt have said it better...

I know people have been stroking you pretty good since you have arrived here. I wouldnt let it go to your head. You're good, obviously, but really anybody can copy a song and practice it to the point where it sounds good.

I couldnt have said it better...

I know people have been stroking you pretty good since you have arrived here. I wouldnt let it go to your head. You're good, obviously, but really anybody can copy a song and practice it to the point where it sounds good.

No, not anybody can do that.

But that's not important.

What's important is humility.

There are a lot of piano players who are trying their best and doing tutorials. Nobody really forced them to do that.

I think we learn something and get something to then someday give it back or pass that to another person, people. I don't know if you get my point, but that's just what I'm thinking...

• 6 months later...

I'm not really sure why I have not seen this one posted yet (maybe it was and I just missed it) but this is probably the best version of the song I have ever heard. Its piano and violin, and yes obviously wasn't all recorded in one shot (given away by the two layers of violin playing). I suck at playing by ear but have been slowly trying to record Ryan's keystrokes. He said on his page that he cant read music, so he can't make sheet music for anyone, but if anyone else here wants to give a crack at it, they are likely to come up with sheet music much quicker than I am (that and I suck with Sibelius). Just a thought.

Edit: first post rules are preventing me from posting the video, so go to youtube and search for doublesh0t or ew1282

Alright, so at this point I'm about half through transposing doublesh0t's piano cover of the song. Hoping to have the whole thing done by next week. Since I am not very familiar with Sibelius, I am not quite sure what format's I will be able to export the file as, but hopefully I will be able to upload it on here as a .pdf. Now to start off I can guarantee that this will not be 100% accurate to even his version. I have only just recently started playing piano again after an 8 year hiatus. I am very rusty, bad at determining notes based on sound, and never have tried writing my own music before. Therefore you can also expect that the timing will be somewhat off. That being said, if anyone else here has Sibelius (or perhaps I may be able to export it into another usable format for a different brand of software) I would be more than happy to upload that file as well so that you may tweak my work and together we can get a nice piece of sheet music to offer the community.

• 3 months later...
I'm not really sure why I have not seen this one posted yet (maybe it was and I just missed it) but this is probably the best version of the song I have ever heard. Its piano and violin, and yes obviously wasn't all recorded in one shot (given away by the two layers of violin playing). I suck at playing by ear but have been slowly trying to record Ryan's keystrokes. He said on his page that he cant read music, so he can't make sheet music for anyone, but if anyone else here wants to give a crack at it, they are likely to come up with sheet music much quicker than I am (that and I suck with Sibelius). Just a thought.

Edit: first post rules are preventing me from posting the video, so go to youtube and search for doublesh0t or ew1282

I did a cover of that cover.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPWObx6-0k8]YouTube - Life in technicolor ii piano cover[/ame]