✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Life in Technicolor 2 on piano?

David_Batford

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it has a nice charm to it. Like he's messing around at a friend's house. Kind of cool

As far as the way it's played. The structure is pretty much the same. I've been playing it on the piano for a while, and he's pretty much just improvising around the chords which are F#m, D, A x3 then E, A x1 throughout.

The intro riff is just the notes A, B, A, C#, E, A, A, B, A, F#, F#, E, A...(F#'s are G#'s the 2nd time around)

At the end of each verse he plays two chords using notes: e(or f#),a,d into e,a,c# on the RH

oh, and the only slight variation in the bass line is during the "serenade of sound" part where the bass plays A, G F# before the E chord.

Yeah, it has a nice charm to it. Like he's messing around at a friend's house. Kind of cool

As far as the way it's played. The structure is pretty much the same. I've been playing it on the piano for a while, and he's pretty much just improvising around the chords which are F#m, D, A x3 then E, A x1 throughout.

The intro riff is just the notes A, B, A, C#, E, A, A, B, A, F#, F#, E, A...(F#'s are G#'s the 2nd time around)

At the end of each verse he plays two chords using notes: e(or f#),a,d into e,a,c# on the RH

oh, and the only slight variation in the bass line is during the "serenade of sound" part where the bass plays A, G F# before the E chord.

Thanks! I'll try to work it out!

It would be great if someone could try to do a tutorial (video) :embarrassed:

thanks !!

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it helped me learn how to play LIT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CVR6ZaEPY&feature=PlayList&p=1950301EC15F52FD&playnext=1&index=53]YouTube - Coldplay - Life in Technicolor (how to play) (cover piano)[/ame]