✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Australian VLV Tour Support: Decoder Ring

Sydney band Decoder Ring has been chosen as Coldplay support act for the Australian leg of the Viva La Vida tour.

Decoder Ring spends their time equal between recording albums and soundtracks. Their 2004 album ‘Somersault’ doubled as a soundtrack for the film of the same name.

The band has been recognised more by the film industry than the music industry with awarded from the AFI’s and the Jackson Hole Film Festival.

150,000 tickets have been sold so far for Coldplay’s 11 Australian shows.

The tour starts later this month in Perth.

Dates are:

Friday 27 February - Perth, Burswood Dome

Saturday 28 February - Perth, Burswood Dome

Tuesday 3 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Wednesday 4 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Thursday 5 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Sunday 8 March - Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

Monday 9 March - Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

Wednesday 11 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Thursday 12 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Saturday 14 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Sunday 15 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=7493

I'm interested in finding out more about Eskimo Joe... now that you guys have mentioned them.

I reckon I can find their albums in the record stores in Australia?

For Decoder Ring, try their official site, their Myspace and some vids on YouTube eg [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHzmwZkKAas]YouTube - Decoder Ring - Fractions[/ame]

Very post-rock on first listen.

DECODER RING SUPPORT COLDPLAY TOUR

COLDPLAY WILL BE JOINED BY SYDNEY BAND DECODER RING ON THEIR ‘VIVA LA VIDA’ AUSTRALIAN TOUR!

The opportunity to open for arguably the world’s biggest band right now was intensely sought after, and Sydney outfit Decoder Ring couldn’t be more thrilled to have been hand selected by Coldplay for the job. They will take the stage in front of over 150,000 eager fans when they perform in eleven arena shows across Australia, on Coldplay’s ‘Viva La Vida’ tour later this month.

Their first performance takes place in less than thirty days in Perth on Friday 27th February, the first of two shows at the Burswood Dome. They will then go on to astound audiences in Melbourne over three nights, Brisbane over two, and finish up in Sydney with four massive shows at Acer Arena.

Decoder Ring play music that has been described as cinematic, emotive and sublime, and with a almost indescribable sound compared to the likes of My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, Pink Floyd and Sigur Ros. They are a multi award winning six piece possibly best known for creating soundtracks to complement independent and short films. The 2004 release of their record “Somersault,” a spectacular soundtrack for the Australian film of the same name, won 5 awards out of the 7 nominations it received, including a coveted AFI award and the award for best music at The Jackson Hole Film festival USA.

More recently, Decoder Ring have finished recording their fourth album, in the United States with producer Scott Colburn (The Animal Collective, Arcade Fire) all the while continuing to collaborate with drama, documentary, and live productions.

Decoder Ring combine rich organic sounds and psychedelic electronic arrangements in an audiovisual journey that is as expansive as it is moving, and will no doubt set the stage for Coldplay’s own audiovisual concert spectacular.

Australians, the countdown has begun. Coldplay will be on our shores in less than four weeks, with strictly limited tickets available across the eleven arena shows. Don’t miss your chance to witness the astounding performances from support act Decoder Ring and the main event, Coldplay, on their biggest ever tour of Australia.

Tickets available now through http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849.

Coldplay – ‘Viva La Vida’ Tour Dates

Friday 27 February - Perth, Burswood Dome

Saturday 28 February - Perth, Burswood Dome

Tuesday 3 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Wednesday 4 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Thursday 5 March - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

Sunday 8 March - Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

Monday 9 March - Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

Wednesday 11 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Thursday 12 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Saturday 14 March - Sydney, Acer Arena

Sunday 15 March – Sydney, Acer Arena

Tickets for all shows are on sale now

through Ticketek: http://www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849.

http://www.entertainmentdepot.com.au

Yer you should be able to find there albums somewhere in aus. any good record store would have them. Black fingernails red wine album is really good.

I will definitely go check it out :D

almost indescribable sound compared to the likes of My Bloody Valentine, Mogwai, Pink Floyd and Sigur Ros[/color][/b]. They are a multi award winning six piece possibly best known for creating soundtracks to complement independent and short films. The 2004 release of their record “Somersault,” a spectacular soundtrack for the Australian film of the same name, won 5 awards out of the 7 nominations it received, including a coveted AFI award and the award for best music at The Jackson Hole Film festival USA.

Sounds really cool, I love MBV and Sigur Ros. I hope they live up to the hype.

Lucky youse. Its like 37 days for me!

I'll be there in 37 days too :D