✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

24-May-2009: Hershey Stadium, Hershey, PA, USA

Haha my dad had a little hissy fit about Coldplay today. I made him a fan of Coldplay a couple months ago but since the cancellation of the Scranton show, he has been going on a anti Coldplay rant (even though I only got a ticket and he wasnt going anyway). He said that he was listening to a local radio station after the canceled show and (I guess they were originally promoting the show or something but I guess with the cancellation they lost money from it or something) and I guess they were calling Chris Martin an egotistical jerk, etc. and that he is not in touch with the fans, they don't small venues anymore, or they are cancelling many shows for no reason (in actuallity they canceled only one) and now my dad believes that and is in shock how I can still go to the concert after they "betrayed their fans". He is now anti coldplay:shocked2:!! Now I have to convince my Dad that it's the complete opposite about Chris and Coldplay. I will defend Coldplay within my own family!!!

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you grow up?

I grew up in Altoona. You? And that sucks about your dad. Hopefully, he'll come around. My mom is very similar right now. She LOVES the song Viva La Vida but claims that that's their only "good song." Every other song I play for her is like..."ehhh...it's okay, but they'll never be as good as Viva La Vida." I did get her to like Lovers in Japan (Osaka Sun Mix) and Violet Hill, though. So that's at least a start. So, if I can get her to start to change her mind, maybe there's hope for your dad! :)

41 DAYSSSS!! :dance:

Haha my dad had a little hissy fit about Coldplay today. I made him a fan of Coldplay a couple months ago but since the cancellation of the Scranton show, he has been going on a anti Coldplay rant (even though I only got a ticket and he wasnt going anyway). He said that he was listening to a local radio station after the canceled show and (I guess they were originally promoting the show or something but I guess with the cancellation they lost money from it or something) and I guess they were calling Chris Martin an egotistical jerk, etc. and that he is not in touch with the fans, they don't small venues anymore, or they are cancelling many shows for no reason (in actuallity they canceled only one) and now my dad believes that and is in shock how I can still go to the concert after they "betrayed their fans". He is now anti coldplay:shocked2:!! Now I have to convince my Dad that it's the complete opposite about Chris and Coldplay. I will defend Coldplay within my own family!!!

thats horriblee that he thinks that about coldplay! its completely and utterly the wrong conception because they're one of the nicest bands and are so devoted to their fans!i hope you can change his mind about them. :(

and jelynch2, that stinks but at least your mom likes some of their songs! my parents could care less what they sounded like :lol:

my mom said she got my tickets a couple of days ago.

she almost ripped them up. :stunned:

my parents are big about the junk mail thing and my dad just rips things that look pointless, and he was on a business trip and i was on the phone with my mom at the time and she said, "are you expecting anything from VA?" and i said "no, not really" haha

Needless to say, she opened them anyway. :laugh3:

That could have been horrible. Good thing it wasn't my Dad! haha

my mom said she got my tickets a couple of days ago.

she almost ripped them up. :stunned:

my parents are big about the junk mail thing and my dad just rips things that look pointless, and he was on a business trip and i was on the phone with my mom at the time and she said, "are you expecting anything from VA?" and i said "no, not really" haha

Needless to say, she opened them anyway. :laugh3:

That could have been horrible. Good thing it wasn't my Dad! haha

Same exact thing happend to me... I was going through the mail, didn't think anything with my name looked important and they just sat there for days..I really started looking and remembered Livenation and Ticketmaster ship their tickets in "plain" envelopes and voila!

39 days to go!!!

I am thinking about getting a Coldplay shirt (I don't have one yet unfortunatley) ahead of time for the concert but for the sake of my manhood, I will not think about what I am wearing in 39 days right now. :laugh3: What kind of merchandise do they usually offer at Coldplay concerts?

^^basically the same things on coldplay.com, except the stuff that says "online exclusive", obviously. :P

i'll be getting my third coldplay shirt at my philly show. i had to choose which one i wanted to get another shirt at, and i just decided on that one. i'm gonna get the DAAHF one with the lyrics, and i'm also going to be getting the "VIVA" sweatshirt, too, which i LOVE!!:P

^ i wish my parents would drive me to 2 shows! :lol: i shouldnt be talking though because i love them for agreeing to drive 3 hours to this one :P

hahah nice christina! im probably gonna spend so much money on merch! dont think ill be able to control myself! im currently debating between buying a shirt and making one for the concert. then again me making a shirt probably wouldnt turn out so well :P