✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

coldplay are a half baked radiohead?

adrenn11

Yes it's true.

Coldplay have yellow. Radiohead have Street Spirit.

CP have Shiver. RH have Karma Police.

CP have In my PLace. RH have Paranoid Android

CP have The Scientist. RH have No Surprises.

I could go on all day.

Face it OK Computer is THE definitive album for emotion.

Coldplay are good. Did you hear that, they are. They just lack too much in inventiveness. There is no way buckland is capable of pulling off JOnny Greenwood's playing in Paranoid Android or to come up with the idea of the mellotron and lots of weird delay and fuzz pedals.

Just an observation

Ah yes the old "i've heard an opinion that doesn't fit with my feelings so go somewhere else" thing.

I posted here because it's a coldplay website and i believe i was making a comment about differences between coldplay and radiohead.

i think sometimes poeple on forums read what they want to read.

Dyermaker you make a good point and i agree, radiohead were better in their dark days of making ok computer, the desperation in their music was more apparent. Sigur ros have over taken them i feel.

Happy new year

Ah yes the old "i've heard an opinion that doesn't fit with my feelings so go somewhere else" thing.

I posted here because it's a coldplay website and i believe i was making a comment about differences between coldplay and radiohead.

Dyermaker you make a good point and i agree, radiohead were better in their dark days of making ok computer, the desperation in their music was more apparent. Sigur ros have over taken them i feel.

Happy new year

I think your opinion would be more appreciated at the Official board. I am sure there are tones of people who feel the exact same way as you do and you could probably have a great debate and discussion about what you wrote.

Happy new year

i don't think anything that was said was too harsh.... and it was posted in the other artists forum, so it should be allowed right?

i have one friend who likes to get on my case that coldplay rip off radiohead....yet he doesn't even listen to coldplay!! NOW that is an unfounded opinion, where as your's have substance to them adrenn....i just say to him well if you actually just listen to some of their stuff then you can tell me what you think of coldplay....

i listen to coldplay and radiohead, i honestly don't think there are too many similarities...yes they both play piano, (chris uses it more on their albums...seems to me thom has stuck more with the acoustic guitar) i am not trying to be an expert on either band (cause god know's i certainly AM NOT) this is just my observation from listening to the cds.....and they their both from england...so are a lot of great bands big deal.

radiohead has been around longer...again so what, just because someone's been around longer doesn't mean their song writing skills go above and beyond someone who might just be starting out... so i think that my opinions on this topic are split down the middle, they are both good bands!!

i feel like sometimes there is no use arguing over which band is better, cause every musician has their own style and each are orriginal in their own way...it's like asking well which of the master painter's are the best!? and one would probably answer well i like this painting by so and so, but i also like this about someone else...same with music it's ok to say you like alot of different bands!! :-D

Thanks a lot for reading my opinions, but i think you're right. I'm going to stop arguing over which bands are best because ultimately die hard fans won't change their minds ever so lets just move on. Thank and good night.

I'm going to stop arguing over which bands are best because ultimately die hard fans won't change their minds ever

i dont think its a case of, well for me anyway, wanting to change your mind about which band it best or not, its a case of liking different bands for lots of different reasons...no band is the same...well popgroups are getting quite indistinguishable...*smiles @ use of big word :D *...

but when it comes to bands like coldplay, radiohead etc, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, yeah, but dont try and force your opinions down peoples throats... theres nothing that gets me more pissed off :shock: :x ... ;)

yes they do but they're not exactly comparable in their style are they? :o

yes yes, that's why i also said this in my post:

"i feel like sometimes there is no use arguing over which band is better, cause every musician has their own style and each are orriginal in their own way"

:)