✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Learn Assorted Languages With Assorted Coldplayers

Crests

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sad ... Let's bring this thread back to the top :D !

This week in japanese class I've learned how to talk about things I've already experienced .

私はコルドプレイのコンサ-トを行ったことがあります。

Watashi wa korudopurei no konsaato wo itta koto ga arimasu .

(I've already been to a Coldplay concert :lol:)

I love writting "Coldplay" with katakanas !

I don't really know how the comp settings work ...

So when my japanese teacher told the class how to write japanese on the computer I was "eeeh ... yeah ok I'll ask my father" :D

楽しくて面白かったです。

tanoshikute omoshirokatta desu .

(It was great and interesting !)

:laugh3:

I have to study more ... People would laugh at me if I was about to go to Japan while I cannot even speak correctly :lol: .

^^ Wow that's very impressive :o

I've been studying Spanish for 5 years but I pretty much forgot everything because I gave up on learning it 2 years ago :confused: . I'm back to the basics now .

Ahora me da pena de que no sé hablar español correctamente :rolleyes: .

C'est la vie !

I don't really know how the comp settings work ...

So when my japanese teacher told the class how to write japanese on the computer I was "eeeh ... yeah ok I'll ask my father" :D

楽しくて面白かったです。

tanoshikute omoshirokatta desu .

(It was great and interesting !)

:laugh3:

I have to study more ... People would laugh at me if I was about to go to Japan while I cannot even speak correctly :lol: .

you need to go into Control Panel >> Regional Setting (or something like that) & there's an option for languages which should also include a button to install East Asian Languages. after clicking that, go add the Japanese IME Keyboard for your Input options under the Details... button of the Text Services and Input Languages section.

皆さんわかりますか?:)

but if all of that did not make a single bit of sense...just go to this website below. ;)

http://www.declan-software.com/japanese_ime/

& this site's pretty good for translations too: http://nihongo.j-talk.com/parser/index.php

btw, when i went to Japan, i did take classes, but my Japanese was pretty bad (still is...actually, it's pretty rusty by now) & i went around with a phrasebook that i'd whip out the minute i find that i can't understand what they are saying...which was kinda often. especially when it came to numbers. :embarassed:

but it's ok. when they see that you're making an effort to try & speak their language they'll smile & tell you "がんばってね!" ([] translation : "ganbatte ne!") :D

you need to go into Control Panel >> Regional Setting (or something like that) & there's an option for languages which should also include a button to install East Asian Languages. after clicking that, go add the Japanese IME Keyboard for your Input options under the Details... button of the Text Services and Input Languages section.

皆さんわかりますか?:)

but if all of that did not make a single bit of sense...just go to this website below. ;)

http://www.declan-software.com/japanese_ime/

& this site's pretty good for translations too: http://nihongo.j-talk.com/parser/index.php

btw, when i went to Japan, i did take classes, but my Japanese was pretty bad (still is...actually, it's pretty rusty by now) & i went around with a phrasebook that i'd whip out the minute i find that i can't understand what they are saying...which was kinda often. especially when it came to numbers. :embarassed:

but it's ok. when they see that you're making an effort to try & speak their language they'll smile & tell you "がんばってね!" ([] translation : "ganbatte ne!") :D

Thank you so much for telling me this ! That's very useful . I have to write it down somewhere ...

Aww that's cute ! Thanks to what you said I'm a lot more optimistic now :dance:

はい、がんばりますよ。ありがとうございました ! :)

How cool ! C'est la vie is rather a pesimistic sentence but I like to use it randomly, I don't know why .

Hmm what can I say in Cantonese...Ah never mind.

Tu es bete? (French)

you know Cantonese too? cool! :D

but i don't know how to read the Chinese characters (tho i can sometimes make a link thru my limited knowledge of Japanese...which might seem weird, cos i'm not Japanese :dozey: )

& i think Cantonese pronounciation is pretty hard to translate into English. :confused:

Wow Cantonese ! That's great ! :stunned: .

Aaaw :wacky:

Bien sûr que non je ne suis pas bête :laugh3: . D'ailleurs, personne n'est bête içi :) .

I tend to say "C'est la vie" when I'm depressed :( . I've never said it when I'm happy . I should try :) !