August 10, 200917 yr I bought U2's Zoo TV Live in Sydney DVD the other day and to be honest... I was blown away by the whole gig. But you should witness the entrance to this gig. Visually STUNNING and awesome! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5omeaIIcbc]YouTube - u2-zoo tv- zoo station[/ame] What do you think? The key to a good intro is to rev the audience right up into a crazed frenzy. There is nothing more exciting than the moment the lights dim and your favourite band is about to appear in front of you. It's no good just walking out on to the stage anymore I feel. I'd like to hear what concerts you've been toand how good they were and if their intro matched that of Zoo Tv??
August 10, 200917 yr that's a good intro. Some of the best intro's i've been able to witness are the following (note they aren't video's taken from the show I went to but the artist did the same thing) [ame= ] [/ame] ^ Seeing that intro with the numbers counting down really got me and the rest of the crowd pumped. Definitely the best intro to a concert. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCljBCNvU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCljBCNvU0[/ame] ^ 15 Step Radiohead... it was just great to have the electronic music go on when the lights dimmed and then go into 15 step where the audience would participate w/ the claps [ame= ] [/ame] ^A great song, and just by hiding the band behind a screen, and having light behind to hide the band even more them really pumped the crowd up. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZM29p09t4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEZM29p09t4[/ame] ^This also ranks up there because it was the first time I saw Paul live, and the whole crowd just went crazy [ame= ] [/ame] ^I think I liked this intro because I love the song so much.
August 10, 200917 yr I actually thought the AROBTTH tour entrance with politik was really tremendous. Quiet, ambient keyboards and then a crashing explosion of sound and light out of darkness. I obviously didn't see that tour in person, but even the encore of the VLV tour threw me backwards. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0M_zooT4U]YouTube - Coldplay Politik Live @ Glastonbury 2002[/ame]
August 10, 200917 yr Sigur Ros Takk opening with Glosoli looks amazing as well. Its an epic song and I love they're behind curtains the whole time. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02-4dqwdLH8]YouTube - Sigur Rós - Glósóli [Heima][/ame][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOQxq6lnBwI][/ame]
August 10, 200917 yr THIS is how you make an entrance! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IL48Bgo4X0]YouTube - Muse HAARP - Intro HD[/ame]
August 10, 200917 yr thegloaming - I like the Paul McCartney performance! Glastonbury 2002 with Politik was awesome!
August 11, 200917 yr I like a good intro, as well. U2 always have fantastic introductions. I really like their intro on the Vertigo tour with the Arcade Fire's 'Wake Up' playing in the background. U2 always put on such an amazing stage show that it is hard to tell whether I am impressed with the bands introduction or just seeing the stage in operation for the first time. Every time I see Coldplay, I am always reminded of how impressive their intos are. On both the Twisted Logic and Viva tour I thought the intro was great. I also think Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day, and The Killers bring great energy to the beginning a show.
August 11, 200917 yr I love U2 and everything about there stage performances etc but the best entrance for me was Robbie Williams when he came in suspended by his legs! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQ9KooHt20]YouTube - Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You[/ame]
August 11, 200917 yr [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c7U-9gyPsw]YouTube - U2 - PopMart (Live from Mexico City) - Pop Muzik/Mofo[/ame] Another great entrance by U2
August 11, 200917 yr [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHswOjTbnCE]YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers at Green Fest - Intro Jam[/ame] i love and appreciate the bands that have been mentioned above. but their intros are a joke compared to what RHCP have produced on the last 2 tours. they dont need fancy lighting and pyrotechnics or whatever. its just pure rock n roll [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExLPfOROm4]YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers Live at Slane Castle[/ame] the intros change every night. sometimes there are slight changes other times they are quite dramatic, they are all unique nonetheless.
August 11, 200917 yr YouTube - Red Hot Chili Peppers at Green Fest - Intro Jam[/url] i love and appreciate the bands that have been mentioned above. but their intros are a joke compared to what RHCP have produced on the last 2 tours. they dont need fancy lighting and pyrotechnics or whatever. its just pure rock n roll the intros change every night. sometimes there are slight changes other times they are quite dramatic, they are all unique nonetheless. What? Those intros are rubbish! They just walk out. Lightyears behind Coldplay's digital clock countdown or U2's flashy, slogan filled, Beethoven intro for Zoo TV!
August 11, 200917 yr This is pretty good aswell [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB1_t8MZ0nc]YouTube - Robbie willams leeds p1[/ame] Ever seen that many fireworks at the beginning of a concert?
August 11, 200917 yr [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtvtxqcbPbc&feature=PlayList&p=6947FE8C6F3055DC&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19]YouTube - Metallica - Creeping Death [Rock Am Ring 2008][/ame] I love how the crowd is singing along already in the entrance song.
August 11, 200917 yr ^^ there's nothing quite like a metallica audience. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSuzxC3pEIw]YouTube - The Raconteurs - Consoler Of The Lonely(Live Coachella 2008)[/ame] this is the start of the band's show. listen to how the crowd reacts when jack hits the vocals for the first time. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qdlb9fKmuc]YouTube - BLACK MIRROR - THE ARCADE FIRE - GLASONBURY 2007[/ame] not quite an entrance but their first song. some bands like to use their talent instead of $10 million to make a good start to their shows.
August 11, 200917 yr My two cents: Life in Technicolor is the best entrance ever. (Especially when the crowd is into it)
August 12, 200917 yr What? Those intros are rubbish! They just walk out. Lightyears behind Coldplay's digital clock countdown or U2's flashy, slogan filled, Beethoven intro for Zoo TV! I think you are both right. I love the flashy intros when they are done right. They are fantastic. But RHCP come out with such energy that they don't really need a light show. It's apples and oranges, so either approach can work so long as you get the crowd amped from the beginning of the show.
Create an account or sign in to comment