✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank the Albums

pabloanxiety

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) A Rush of Blood to the Head 5/5

Very well done album I mean first 5 tracks could be singles already (too bad Politik wasn't but it's been noted by Chris that this is Coldplay's best song ((in 'The Hour' interview)) and probably would've been a single but it's not "radio friendly ((I think the Oracle said that a couple weeks ago)) ).Then they add it fan favs 'Green Eyes' and 'Warning Sign', this is pretty much a no brainer, at least for me.

2) Parachutes 4.5/5

Very solid and under appreciated songs line this album. Looking past 'Yellow', which is brilliant in itself, are the under-the-radar songs such as 'High Speed' (the baseline I find doesn't get enough press around here) and 'Spies'. Throw in oldies 'Don't Panic' and 'Trouble' and this finds the spot at number 2 on the list

3) Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends 4.45/5

Honestly, could very well change places with the 'Parachutes' album but since it gets all the accolades already I gave the spot instead to 'Parachutes'. With that being said, still a very good album commercially of course but also musically. I think I find however that songs on this album have become so overplayed that it has lost most of its lustre for me. It has become that way to the point where the only chills I get of 'Viva la Vida' are from listening to the band live.

4) X & Y 4/5

Right off the bat, I should mention that though this holds the last spot on my list, I still very much like the album. Overall, it was a great idea for a theme (spacy, techy kind of vibe) but just not executed very well in my opinion. Songs to highlight are 'Square One' and 'The Hardest Part' which I feel are the best on the album perhaps besides the obvious 'Fix You'. Songs I feel are overrated or needed more working were 'What If' (a great intro that drops off as soon as the rest of the band kick in) 'White Shadows' and 'Talk'.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...