✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Top 10 U2 Songs

Guest howyousawtheworld

Gosh, I love this band. I'm still dazzled by the tour this year...

I'll give it a go in no particular order (except that One is actually my number one :nod:):

One

Bad

Where The Streets Have No Name

Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Running To Stand Still

Walk On

Zoo Station

Stay (Far Away, So Close!)

The Fly

The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Somebody mentioned that many people had Walk On on their lists. I agree that there are probably better songs, but it's the one that made me a fan (I was too young before ATYCLB) and that is very dear to me therefore. I wondered whether others had a similar story.

• Like 1

So, so difficult my favourites change all the time. I've been back listening to their early stuff (which is just amazing) so for now from their first 3 or 4 albums it's. My top 14 (hehe)...

I Will Follow

Electric Co

An Cat Dubh

I Fall Down (just discovered this one and it's really great, sounds like early Coldplay).

Seconds

New Years Day

Gloria

Unforgettable Fire

Bad

Pride

A Sort of Homecoming

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Out of Control

That's just from their earliest stuff but their back catalogue is just crazy good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Somebody mentioned that many people had Walk On on their lists. I agree that there are probably better songs, but it's the one that made me a fan (I was too young before ATYCLB) and that is very dear to me therefore. I wondered whether others had a similar story.

^This!!! That is absolutely the song that connected me to them beyond my early childhood ear worms eg Mysterious Ways (only found out years later it was U2 lol)

@arushofjacktothehead looks like my question on the other thread was answered ;)

Here's to howyousawtheworld :drinking:

My top 10 favs (or thereabouts) are:

Walk On

Stay (Faraway So Close)

Beautiful Day

Electrical Storm

With Or Without You

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Iris (Hold Me Close)

All I Want Is You

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Btw A local TV channel is currently broadcasting their Paris show following the cancellation post-Paris attacks recently... Just saw them perform Iris - Bono in top vocal form! So is the Edge on guitar in their new songs. They have really stepped up again with this tour... Kudos to them :)

(Although on the down side, is it just me or have a few Coldplay influences popped up as well... More artwork / multimedia type stuff, songs rearranged for concerts, making more of an effort to connect with the audience)

• Like 1

^This!!! That is absolutely the song that connected me to them beyond my early childhood ear worms eg Mysterious Ways (only found out years later it was U2 lol)

@arushofjacktothehead looks like my question on the other thread was answered ;)

Here's to howyousawtheworld :drinking:

My top 10 favs (or thereabouts) are:

Walk On

Stay (Faraway So Close)

Beautiful Day

Electrical Storm

With Or Without You

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Iris (Hold Me Close)

All I Want Is You

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Btw A local TV channel is currently broadcasting their Paris show following the cancellation post-Paris attacks recently... Just saw them perform Iris - Bono in top vocal form! So is the Edge on guitar in their new songs. They have really stepped up again with this tour... Kudos to them :)

(Although on the down side, is it just me or have a few Coldplay influences popped up as well... More artwork / multimedia type stuff, songs rearranged for concerts, making more of an effort to connect with the audience)

Hmmmmm, U2 kind of invented the multimedia "connecting with fans" stuff. Zoo TV, Pop tour, Bono jumping into the crowd and bringing fans on stage during concerts in the 80s. It did make a big comeback on this tour though as they'd kind of stopped it to an extent during the 360 shows.

Hmmmmm, U2 kind of invented the multimedia "connecting with fans" stuff. Zoo TV, Pop tour, Bono jumping into the crowd and bringing fans on stage during concerts in the 80s. It did make a big comeback on this tour though as they'd kind of stopped it to an extent during the 360 shows.

That wouldn't surprise me that they did that in the past (hence the comment about whether it was just me)... I've only followed U2 (semi-seriously) since after ATYCLB, and even then only started appreciating them more and more in the past 5 years or so... Unfortunately their output in the past 10 or so years (bar their most recent Songs of Innocence) has not been particularly impressive compared to their previous work - whatever footage I have seen of them during this period (and some of their older shows) has had less audience involvement/ interaction than the current one, and I've often felt that they were emotionally a bit distant live. But they've really worked hard to bridge that gap this time... I've actually really enjoyed watching them and felt genuinely moved by their performance! There's far more audience singalongs than I've ever seen, their sound / all instruments are warmer, the band members are in top form, and production is a step up. I've never previously particularly felt the need to go watch them live, but their current show makes me wanna go see them perform :D

That wouldn't surprise me that they did that in the past (hence the comment about whether it was just me)... I've only followed U2 (semi-seriously) since after ATYCLB, and even then only started appreciating them more and more in the past 5 years or so... Unfortunately their output in the past 10 or so years (bar their most recent Songs of Innocence) has not been particularly impressive compared to their previous work - whatever footage I have seen of them during this period (and some of their older shows) has had less audience involvement/ interaction than the current one, and I've often felt that they were emotionally a bit distant live. But they've really worked hard to bridge that gap this time... I've actually really enjoyed watching them and felt genuinely moved by their performance! There's far more audience singalongs than I've ever seen, their sound / all instruments are warmer, the band members are in top form, and production is a step up. I've never previously particularly felt the need to go watch them live, but their current show makes me wanna go see them perform :D

Yeah, I agree their output has declined a bit in the past 10 years. I've not seen a better band live ever however, they're just on another level to everyone else, difficult to explain unless you've experienced it. On this tour I've been 5 times (and spent a silly amount of money) and it's been good but not as good as the Zoo TV tour which was their pinnacle I would say (the first of their tours I went to).

They've always had massive audience and multimedia involvement, the hanging/ swinging trabant cars on stage on the Zoo TV tour, Dana Carvey playing the drums on screens with them on that tour etc etc and they've always had audience members on stage. But yeah, if you've not seen them live before I'd put it on your bucket list, they're raw and energetic and just something else :-)

• Like 3

1. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

2. Where The Streets Have No Name

3. With Or Without You

4. Pride(In The Name Of Love)

5. Out Of Control

6. Bullet The Blue Sky

7. 40

8. Sunday Bloody Sunday

9. Bad

10. Salome

Honorary mentions to: I Will Follow, The Electric Co., Stay(Far Away So Close), ISHFWILF, Angel Of Harlem, Mysterious Ways.

This was really hard.

• Like 1

01 - Where the Streets Have No Name

02 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

03 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

04 - A Sort of Homecoming

05 - Until the End of the World

06 - New Year's Day

07 - All I Want is You

08 - One

09 - When I Look at the World

10 - City of Blinding Lights