✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Record Industry Sues Music File Swappers

gvargas

sure'll the RIAAA will make big bucks out of it, but with stacks of paperwork, though.

i think there's nothing wrong with file-sharing as long as it's used for personal purposes that you don't burn the files and sell them in the black market or something.

i think that's how it is really. we don't buy albums just because we just heard 1 good song. the beauty of file swapping is that we could listen well enough before we buy. if we like 'em then we support 'em. I don't believe people in this board are mere downloaders of coldplay songs/albums...

i think that's how it is really. we don't buy albums just because we just heard 1 good song. the beauty of file swapping is that we could listen well enough before we buy. if we like 'em then we support 'em. I don't believe people in this board are mere downloaders of coldplay songs/albums...

If that was the case I would have told coldplays record label already. but I could never do that to many craxy coldplay fans.

I love u allI love u all

what music companies don't udnerstand is that if the cd's weren't so over-priced then more people would buy them.

and if there was any good songs out there, it would help.

the reason people download music, is because the cost to buy is so high, because music is not about the music anymore, or the songs, it's about marketing, who can be number 1. who is the most popular. somewhere between the 50's and the late 80's the idea of the music will sell was lost, and out came this new "we must promote this song because people are stupid and will buy" and you know what..it worked. For a while

now the over promotion, over flooded song amrket, over produced, under worked, and cover version fueled market of cd singles has lead to a drop in sales. Why buy trash if you can hear it for free? if you don't like it you delete it..which happens a lot anyway.

how-ever, most people i know will download a song or two or more by an artist off the new album, if they like, then they go out and buy the album.

what the music industry needs to do is see why they are failing. It's not just because we can download, because if that was true, everyone on the net would download..not everyone does, infact the news earlier said that only 51% do so. so...49% still don't. cleary it's not because they can download but for other reasons, money, i mean with the econmy in the world generally quite bad compared to the past sales will bound to go down.

and lets be frank, once the companies start sueing their consumers, it's going to make things a lot worse.

well I have always respected what mp3's i download

i stick to live music, rare and unavailable commercial material

on the occasion when i do download advanced material in almost all cases i will go on to purchase the albums - i do not download music for artists i am not already a fan of and any albums i do not take a liking to are deleted within a few weeks

i have a HUGE music collection which has cost me many thousands of pounds

i am not a commercial "leech" who downloads and burns mp3s to avoid paying for music - those people that do so (with the exemption of young people who are not truly aware of what they are doing - targetting young people - under 14 - and punishing them with more than a warning is WRONG! :angry: )... people above this age deserve what is coming to them...

i am definitely a BIG fan of live music and do not see downloading live performances as wrong as i regularly go to concerts for those artists

i will continue to download music and defend true music fans who choose to take part in what for me is a modern form of bootlegging and recording from sources such as the radio

if someone wants to attempt to sue me i will attempt to make my feeling as public as possible in the press and look to start a positive public debate on the matter

music fans have been raped by corporate music for too long who have undoubtedly made the most of commercial music for over a decade now

bring it on :angry:

heheh yay for Simon *cheers* :D

Fact is Si, if they did come you for, you have the financial clout to fight back, which is always a nice thing, I feel sorry for those who can't afford to defend themselves....justice for all except the poor :( That 12 year old girl who got the $2,000 fine, apparantly since she cant pay, her mum is being charged with it instead...and shes a welfare mum...sons of bitches...

My MP3 collection is erm about 250 songs at most big...a whole best of Queen collection, which I own the CDs for, best of The Beatles collection, which I have the tapes (remember tapes?) for, and American stuff I heard over in the US that you can't often find here, and if you do, it's import and twice the price :angry: (Bands like 3rd eye blind, Staind etc) When I do find US bands albums I do usually by them (ie 3 doors down)

Rest of my MP3 collection is old 80's stuff that you would be hard pressed to find except on crappy compilation albums, and ill be buggered if im paying £12 or so on an album where I want only 1 song.

I think the only time I have mailiciously downloaded MP3s is for Matchbox 20....saw album in HMV on import for £18, I looked at it, wrote down the songs I wanted, and came home and downloaded them...again I wasnt paying the stupidly high import price for only 3 songs that I wanted.

Yeah when I was in London the CDs were really expensive! I didn't buy any there. Better to buy them here. They say that they are going to lower the CD prices here to about $9-10. I hope they do!

Yah I don't think it is worth it to buy a CD that only has a few songs I like on it. So if I like a few songs I import them from CDs I get at the library.

not all americans are stupid :/