✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

** 2010 Top 50 Coldplay Song List - (closed) **

Chris's Nuts

As corkus said it didn't in 2008, nor did it in 2006, The Scientist was voted Coldplay fans' favourite Coldplay song!

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2895

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35155

Clocks was #2 though! ;)

nice, i'll have to link these in the results thread for handy reference.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here's the rules (same as before):

1. Collaborations are ok, as long as the entire band was in on it (aka no Homecoming, All things come to, etc...)

2. Covers are allowed

3. Different versions of songs do not count (No Lost? Lost+ or Don't Panic Blue room edition etc...) This does mean that you count Life in Technicolor (both version 1+2) as one song. I know that might bug some but that's so people don't split votes between the 2 versions and both place poorly. If you like one over the other rank THAT version accordingly in your list. So if you put version 1 or 2 I'm throwing out the # indicator....

4. Remixes do not count.

5. The songs must be ranked in order. No exceptions.

6. Unreleased songs (but performed live) are ok.

7. You can do a minimum of 25 songs and a maximum of 50 songs in your list. So 25-50 songs on lists are ok.

8. If you want to edit your list later that's fine. Just do not reply post your edits into a new post. Use your original post.

Hope people take part and I'll pop in occasionally if people have questions. Again, the rules are the rules, and they worked well last time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to be a nag, but some people aren't following Chris's Nuts rules. If you are one of the offenders, you may want to adjust your list accordingly so it truly reflects your rankings...

Sadly a little too late. As stated I'll simply throw out any alt versions and stick with the single title. biggest offender (luckily only a few) have been those who did not rank their songs. As stated that was a requirement and those could not take the time to include a number rank by their songs OR who put "these aren't in any order though" did not make it to my spreadsheet. A tough break but we have plenty of data to work with and I was specific with my rules.

I will say too its sad that some people chose to make their very first post in this thread instead of being regular contributers but newbs are certainly allowed to voice their opinion and their votes will be counted. I certainly hope people didn't create new usernames to boost their votes but I highly doubt that (and I can't check for that anyway). A couple hours in and almost done grabbing data.

1) Life in Technicolor

2) Violet Hill

3) Viva La Vida

4) The scientist

5) Clocks

6) Talk

7) Lost

8) Lovers in Japan

9) Glass Of Water

10) Talk

11) Fix you

12) Strawberry Swing

13) Shiver

14) Yellow

15) Politik

16) White Shadows

17) A message

18) Speed of Sound

19) Swallowed In The Sea

20) The Hardest Part

21) Cemeteries Of London

22) In My Place

23) Green Eyes

24) Daylight

25) Trouble

26) Everything's Not Lost

27) Warning Sign

28) Low

29) Death And All His Friends

30) What If

Sorry but I never sent that pm (i received it as well). I replied back to it stating that the date given was incorrect. If people look at my last posts (in my statistics) they'll see that I never actually ever gave an end date and in fact it was supposed to end in mid January ( I think my post was simply "I'll extend this another week") but I thought I'd extend it to the last Saturday of this month to fit as many votes as possible as Saturday is the only day I have where I can literally spend hours cramming the data.

Again I'm sorry if there was miscommunication and I probably should have pm'd the mods who quoted the 1/31 deadline earlier in the month (i sent them a pm thursday?) so they could have corrected it sooner but again I really had no control of what they put on the homepage or in that recent pm. I tried to extend it at close to that as possible. I certainly appreciate the official backing this thread has been given and I think we'll still have a representative list for the board.

Okey dokey, thanks for the explanation ;)

I just saw you that you gave a deadline a few pages back:

I will actually need results by the end of the day 1/29. I'm sorry there was some confusion but Saturday 1/30 is when i will be compiling the results. There may be some hurt feelings if people wait until Sunday.

Thanks everyone. CRAZY turnout!

However, it would have been great to edit the info on the first post so everyone could see it ;)

I will wait until next year to post my favourites songs of Coldplay and it will change for sure :lol:

And I look forward to see the top for this year :happy:

Hmmm a lot of people (6 or 7 people) didn't read the rules and had 2 versions of Life in Technicolor & Lost in their lists. Others specified which version. As stated I treated Lost?, Lost!, Lost and LIT 1+2 all are considered the same song and I threw out any dupes from the same poster (the lower ranked one). So if someone had LIT2 at #7 and LIT1 #15 in their list then i simply recorded it as LIT at #7 and one vote. Best I can do.

Okey dokey, thanks for the explanation ;)

I just saw you that you gave a deadline a few pages back:

However, it would have been great to edit the info on the first post so everyone could see it ;)

I will wait until next year to post my favourites songs of Coldplay and it will change for sure :lol:

And I look forward to see the top for this year :happy:

thanks for being understanding, again i apologize if opportunities were missed to correct this (and there were) but I only popped by occasionally this last month so it wasn't as coordinated as it could have been. I am going to ask for a thread lock if possible on this and a link to the results thread so we can go the next round.

I probably won't do this poll again until a little while after the next album but I will try to post my results for 2010 and include former rankings for the older songs. Results may not be TODAY as I have to double and triple check HUGE amounts of data here but I'll have all my data finished for me to work with at home this next week. Again Excel does an amazing job of doing this quickly so I'm cruising along right now. (5 hours in of course) :)

1. 42

2. Politik

3. Yes

4. Fix You

5. Yellow

6. Trouble

7. A Message

8. Low

9. Life in Technicolour

10. Postcards From Far Away

11. Glass of Water

12. Prospekts March