✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Piano Questions

The Champion

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hah no prob. It's nice that someone is not bored by our conversation :D

Yes it is! My first song (Sadness and Sorrow) was maybe not hard to play too but I had to concentrate because of stress. But when I played postcards :awesome: ahhh...it's so beautiful I love to play it in font of everyone really it's always on my setlist when someone's in my house :D

Hm mainly it's like:

Clocks (A warm up)

Trouble with Ending of Talk Techno Remix

Amsterdam

The Hardest Part

Viva La Vida

Sadness And Sorrow (Naruto)

To Zanarkand (Not full)

My Immortal (Evanescence)

Death And All His Friends / Postcards From Far Away

---------------------------

Eventually:

Don't Panic

Politik / Gnosienne no1

Empire State Of Mind

I just love those songs so I have to play them.

Wow, great I didn't even try Reign Of Love but it's really lovely.

It depends if you want to just learn the song or play it all with vocal.

I recommend you Trouble, because you can play the chords with the left hand and vocal with the right. The same with Don't Panic and those two are easy so you'll learn it quickly. And maybe Amsterdam. It's really a beautiful song and no vocal lines in playing.

But I don't know what to do with Politik or Scientist. Politik is really great to play but when it comes to 'Open up your eyes' I play C,E,G and Bb on the bass and vocal with the right hand, but it sounds sooo heavy o.O the same is with the 'Give me love over this' part, but it sounds nicer there.

If it's about The Scientist it's impossible for me to play both vocal and piano part because the second one requires two hands o.O Maybe you Lyvie know something about it? Oh, and BTW maybe you share you're CP songs with us too? :D

i barely visit the coldplay section of the forum so i sometimes don't visit this section.

I think Postcards is a wow to play on piano in front of others. and dont worry, sometimes music is about you yourself enjoying it, not exactly others. :D

you watch Naruto eh?

As for The Scientist, you knw right hand part for the piano parts? just use those for your left hand and use the vocal parts for your right hand part. that's what i do. or just strike chords non-stop.

last time when I wasnt keen on printing all the coldplay piano scores, i would just write their chords down or print the chords. my piano teacher did gave me a few scores of Coldplay songs where she arranged herself. that's about it. or just play by ear hahahhaha.

btw, Hi Strikie! :nice:

hi lyvie =D

that's a great setlist, mr champion =]

I'd have to practice a lot to do that. I don't have (had) any piano lessons,

but trying to teach myself (with help of youtube, some hard to read sheetmusic, and people like you =D)

I should actually start learning to play chords, I think that would help much ;)

Okay :D

Lyvie I meant you're favourite CP songs to play :D

And thanks very much, I watched The Scientist cover yesterday and it's like you said, maybe I'll start learning that soon .

Yeaaaah I Loooove Naruto xDDD

Thank you Strikie ;)

I'm teaching by myself too. Teacher could really help me, but I just love playing for myself. Maybe one day .

Yes, I think that learning the chords will help you very much. For example look at me xD I don't know the chords so I can't even play 'I ran away'.

yeah, chords help a lot. a LOT. you can just write it on a post it note or something and tahda! you can play the whole song.

my favourite Coldplay song to play.... hmm... i think it depends on my mood. but i would give it a ... i don't know. :thinking:

Swallowed in the Seas, I suppose. but Talk is nice too. and Speed of Sound. i can't make up my mind :P

what about y'all? :wacko:

ooops, i double posted, didn't realised. :P

oh, i've taken interest in Damon Albarn's works. So right now i'm trying more Blur songs on piano, and arranging a cover of Gorillaz's Feel Good Inc.

have you heard those? :wacko:

I heard of Blur song 2 of course :P And Feel Good Inc too but I don't have a good memories with that one, cause my brother was listening to it alll the time, and I was sick of it :P

If it's for me I'm still playing Coldplay songs, some of classics and I've taken interest in Alicia Keys works .

i hope i dont get sick of Feel Good Inc. :wreck:

i'm trying to do a cover of it, and i need another person in the cover. I don't think i could call it a 'band', because this is more to a 'fun and destress' thing.

and i think my arrangement is rather ambitious. :blank:

ahh.. Alicia Keys and Coldplay are quite similar right? both of them are friends etc etc.

but after a while, Coldplay songs are easy to play. no more a surprise. except X&Y was quite a surprise to play on piano.

Ah those double posts!

If you finish this cover, please let me watch it ! I'm so curious how it will look like, cause I can't imagine it :D And it's great that you're going on a challenge like that.

Yes some of them are, but playing Coldplay is a lot of fun, so I don't complain :P

i don't know if i'm going to post it online, because me and my friend are just covering it for fun, and perhaps if my school has any events, we might audition with that cover. i don't know. :shrug:

yeah, if you like the band's song, it's always fun to play no matter what. :P

do you like any other bands? oh yeah, where's Strikie eh.

you might want to change the title of the thread :P

Yes, we off-toped a little :rolleyes:

Maybe you have an idea how can we name this? xD

As I said I'm fully into Coldplay :P But I listen to other music of course.

Coldplay is actually my second favourite band, my first was The Ting Tings.

I know those bands don't have a lot in common, but eh.

The Tings Tings are unique.

Hey Strikie! what's your name?

oh btw, The Champion, what's your name? (if i've asked before, i'm sorry, but i forgot ahahhaa :shame:)

:wacko:

where do you guys normally post in?

oh that thread! i really dont know how they find such awesome pictures of Will Champion. but i barely visit the Coldplay section now. perhaps, don't at all. only the multimedia and instrument room.

well, i also dont know if Lyvie is a name :P

My name is Emily, but don't call me that around here. the forum is loaded with Emilys. Call me Ly instead. :wacky:

Hi Michael :nice: