✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Does anyone know anything about computer viruses (help please!)?

Ok, so my school is absolute shit because all the computers have been transferring viruses to our USB sticks lately. I hadn't used mine since last semester, but I really need it today. So I go to use it, and I must have tried 20 times and the program just won't load to look at the files on it. I have avast antivirus, and it didn't give me a message on my laptop that there was a virus. But on my family's computer, avast told me that there was a virus, so I moved it to the "virus chest". Then I did a full boot system scan on my laptop, and sure enough two viruses were found in drive F. I moved them to the virus chest as well. But my USB still won't load! Is the virus still on the USB? Was it just removed from my laptop during the system scan, and not the USB?

Congratulations on reading this far, and thanks so much if you are able to help!

I'm not exactly sure. If I was in the situation I would copy all the files on your USB to your computer and then erase everything on the USB and run a full scan on your computer and make sure to get rid of all viruses/spyware. Also I recommend using norton anti-virus... I think they work pretty well. Then I'd see how it works.

I'm not saying this is what you should/have to do, but if I was in the situation that's what I would do.

Or you could just ask a professional or someone in geek squad or something and see what they say... they'd know a lot better than I

I'm not exactly sure. If I was in the situation I would copy all the files on your USB to your computer and then erase everything on the USB and run a full scan on your computer and make sure to get rid of all viruses/spyware. Also I recommend using norton anti-virus... I think they work pretty well. Then I'd see how it works.

This is probably what my dude would say, and he's pretty much the master-getter-ridder-of-viruses-on-computers-er.

• 2 months later...