✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Narnia, anyone?

eff-exx

I know the movies can be rather kiddish and so on, but i love the book series. i think it's written really well and C S Lewis is super creative.

The trailer for the upcoming movie (The Dawn Treader) is up.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

It looks better, and Fox has taken over this round, instead of Disney. i hope it's better than the previous. Prince Caspian was shit.

but for me, the books ftw.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's hawt. :wacky:

My only complaint is that Susan was in the end of the preview. She wasn't in this book at all, wasn't she? :thinking:

I'm also kind of disappointed they've skipped The Horse and His Boy. :sad: I like talking ponies. :wacky:

The first two movies were disappointing, and I don't think this one looks much better. But at least it's not made by Disney this time.

Although I think the new ones definitely beat the ones made by the BBC in the late 80s. Those were awful.

I was surprised to see Susan and Peter, cuz they're not supposed to be there... Can't complain though! I like them!

I haven't read the whole series, but my siblings told me The Horse and His Boy's the best out of the lot. Will they not be doing that one? Or are they not going in order (like they skipped The Magician's Nephew)? Or are they only gonna be making movies where the Pevensies are featured as the main characters? (EDIT: I'm looking at the series in chronological order... My books label The Magician's Nephew as the first book...)

This movie does look good, judging from the trailer, though! I agree, Prince Caspian was crap. Ben Barnes has no charisma whatsoever.

I was surprised to see Susan and Peter, cuz they're not supposed to be there... Can't complain though! I like them!

I haven't read the whole series, but my siblings told me The Horse and His Boy's the best out of the lot. Will they not be doing that one? Or are they not going in order (like the skipped The Magician's Nephew)? Or are they only gonna be making movies where the Pevensies are involved?

This movie does look good, judging from the trailer, though! I agree, Prince Caspian was crap. Ben Barnes has no charisma whatsoever.

I liked The Horse and His Boy best. I dunno why. Much more epic. Technically, they should still do it, seeing as the two main characters are brought up again in th final book (so epic :wacky:). I don't think The Magician's Nephew was actually published as a part of the series until the recent movies started coming out...it was just a side project I thought. :tongue: Plus it was kinda boring after having seen the Lion.

Prince Caspian was okay...I just want to see Reepicheep sail to the end of the world. :cheesy:

I liked The Horse and His Boy best. I dunno why. Much more epic. Technically, they should still do it, seeing as the two main characters are brought up again in th final book (so epic :wacky:). I don't think The Magician's Nephew was actually published as a part of the series until the recent movies started coming out...it was just a side project I thought. :tongue: Plus it was kinda boring after having seen the Lion.

Prince Caspian was okay...I just want to see Reepicheep sail to the end of the world. :cheesy:

The Magician's Nephew is labeled as the first book in my collection... That was published in the 80s... Never mind. A quick google search reveals that it's the sixth book written... :D

Also, according to Wikipedia:

As there are seven books in The Chronicles of Narnia, each book could potentially become a movie.[9] The production of further films would be contingent on the profitability of previous films; following the "Pevensie trilogy," the books remaining to be adapted would be The Silver Chair, The Horse and His Boy, The Magician's Nephew and The Last Battle.

:D

The Magician's Nephew is the first, but the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe was the first CS Lewis wrote, if im not mistaken.

I love The Last Battle, my favourite.

and it would be VERY INTERESTING to see The Magician's Nephew in movie form.

I fancy Edmund. Is he still under-aged?

he isn't! and he's looking good in the trailer.

omg edmund in 3D :freak:

edit : i think they should keep Peter and Susan out. i've gotten sick of them LOL. they stole the show from Edmund last movie! and Edmund's my favourite. :biased:

I'm seriously considering reading the series again. :wacko: I wonder if I still have them in the basement. :escaping:

The Magician's Nephew is the first, but the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe was the first CS Lewis wrote, if im not mistaken.

:drunk:

YES, i'm also planning on reading it again :wacky:

and the horse and his boy again, kinda didnt read much of that one (as in how many times i read the book). but i read less of The Lion, witch & wardrobe.

edit : i think they should keep Peter and Susan out. i've gotten sick of them LOL. they stole the show from Edmund last movie! and Edmund's my favourite. :biased:

Edmund. Haha! Skandar Keynes has always kinda stolen the show for me. He's the dark horse out of all four of them! My other friends my age (24!) completely feel the same way, so I suppose I'm not that weird..

Ah, I'm gonna finish reading the series then. I read Lion, Magician's Nephew and Prince Caspian when I was about 11... Haha, and only now, 13 years later, I'm gonna pick up where I left off! :laugh3:

Skandar Keynes :heart:

Edmund strikes me as more human than the rest. Lucy's just pure angelic and Peter is 'Oh i'm your big bro listen up y'all' and Susan... well The Last Battle explained what happened to her.

the movies exaggerates Peter and Lucy a lot. i mean, yeah, LWW was about Edmund, but they had to. but Prince Caspian was seriously too little of Edmund.

one of Edmund's lines from the book ended up being Lucy's line in the movie. :shifty:

I only saw the first movie, decided it was shit, and kind of forgot about the books. I actually really like the series, though. They're very interesting, and I'm a fantasy fan.

And I thought The Final Battle was better than The Horse and His Boy, btw :P