✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Setlist for LP5?

MancakesTheBand

Eventually, the new cd will finally come out, and Coldplay will do some kind of tour. My question/discussion: what do you think will be on the setlist for that tour. I figure about 7-9 songs from the new album, and then 10-13 from other cds, which has been the case for this past year.

I'll say 8 new songs and then...

Clocks

Viva La Vida

Fix You

The Scientist

In My Place

Violet Hill

Yellow

Politik

Speed Of Sound

The Hardest Part

Lost

Lovers In Japan

Obviously some songs will rotate in and out, but I think the core will revolve around those.

What do you think? What songs make the cut?

Yeah, I think they'll toss out The Hardest Part and Green Eyes, and perhaps revive a different oldie for a piano or acoustic sequence.

Here are the most obvious setlist mainstays:

Yellow

Clocks

In My Place

The Scientist

Fix You

Viva La Vida

And a few more that will likely return anyway:

Politik

Violet Hill

Lovers in Japan

I'd also include one more wild card song from Viva (preferably Strawberry).

I'm hesitant to include Speed of Sound since that was tossed out on the latter half of the Viva tour, and Talk and GPASUYF are unpredictable given their Viva remixed forms (which won't appear again like that, but personally, I'd like to see both back in standard forms).

Give space for the return of 2 or 3 other songs from prior albums that weren't played at all on the Viva tour. The rest will be filled with LP5 material.

i guess the setlist will depend on the new album style.

as for the old songs, i'd prefer they play them as they originally were meant to sound, not as they did in the last tour.

Whaaa? I want to hear what they'll change, I want to hear their new idea. I love it so much, when everything changes in all the lives. Some smal lriff changes, or interruptions in between. I love it! I love GPASUYF and Talk but Techno Remix was also brilliant, not to mention The Hardest Part Acoustic.

I don't think they'll throw out Clocks, Viva La Vida, Fix You, Politik, it's almost impossible.

The Scientist, The Hardest Part, Lost will be there probably too.

I would like to still see Lovers In Japan and Glass of Water.

And I think they should finally get rid of Yellow.

They might add Shiver since they haven't played it for quite a while and maybe they'd vary between Amsterdam and AROBTTHCP. I can also imagine a return of White Shadows or Square One (beginning of the encore?).

Core:

Yellow

In My Place

Clocks

The Scientist

Fix You

Viva La Vida

Violet Hill

(Strawberry/Lovers/Lost)

• 2 weeks later...

7/8 songs from the new album, and in no particular order, a selection from the following...

Don't Panic (Acoustic)

Spies (Acoustic)

Yellow

Clocks

Fix You

The Scientist

White Shadows

Politik

Viva la Vida

Violet Hill

Green Eyes (Acoustic)

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Strawberry Swing

Death and All His Friends

Lost!

Glass of Water

This is just my ideal set list, mind you. I would love to hear an acoustic Spies. :)