✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Please wish my Kitty good luck

NumbersGirl

When I came back from London on Sunday my husband mentioned that the past few days she had been "missing" her box and it also looked like there was some blood in her pee. I took her to the vet, and it turns out she has bladder stones (even saw the x-ray). One of them is kind of big, so it isn't feasible to put her on the special diet to dissolve them since it would take way too long, so she has to have them surgically removed. Plus she will have to be on a speical cat food for the rest of her life. Thankfully she really likes the food, I started mixing it in with her other food yesterday.

She's only 6-7 years old, and she's been on a really good food the whole time, so it's odd that this has happened. Oh well, what can you do.

So I have to drop her off in the morning on the way to work, and then pick her up on the way home. They gave her a delay-release shot for pain on Tuesday, but it wasn't until yesterday that she started to look a little "loopy". Her eyes are a bit dilated and she walks with her tail down and she keeps on rolling around on her back. It's kind of cute knowing she's, umm, "high".

Hopefully she will do okay with the recovery. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Oh, no poor Kitty. I remember when my cat (his name is Jack Daniel's, yeah, he's that awesome) had surgery last year (he came home with a big gaping hole in his stomach in the middle of the night and there weren't any animal hospitals open. I was home alone and completely freaked out. He was cool as a cucumber, though and just looked at me like I was crazy). Anyway, he was soo drugged when he came home from surgery, he fell asleep in his food, walked like a drunk and everything. I couldn't stop laughing! I felt so bad because it was so terrible for him but he looked so funny :shame:

Kitty will be fine! :hug:

What a beautiful thing she is, good luck Kitty!! :hug:

When she's better Carrie maybe she'd like a hat?!

Elephant3.jpg

Oh. My. Goodness. I'm dead. I can't stop laughing. :laugh3: What the hell? :lol:

When I came back from London on Sunday my husband mentioned that the past few days she had been "missing" her box and it also looked like there was some blood in her pee. I took her to the vet, and it turns out she has bladder stones (even saw the x-ray). One of them is kind of big, so it isn't feasible to put her on the special diet to dissolve them since it would take way too long, so she has to have them surgically removed. Plus she will have to be on a speical cat food for the rest of her life. Thankfully she really likes the food, I started mixing it in with her other food yesterday.

She's only 6-7 years old, and she's been on a really good food the whole time, so it's odd that this has happened. Oh well, what can you do.

So I have to drop her off in the morning on the way to work, and then pick her up on the way home. They gave her a delay-release shot for pain on Tuesday, but it wasn't until yesterday that she started to look a little "loopy". Her eyes are a bit dilated and she walks with her tail down and she keeps on rolling around on her back. It's kind of cute knowing she's, umm, "high".

Hopefully she will do okay with the recovery. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

Good luck to your Kitty. :hug:

My dog had three surgeries this past year:

1. Torn ACL

2. Eye Tumor

3. Tumor on side and leg

So I know how you're feeling now. :hug:

So Kitty seems to be recovering much better than I thought she would! When I brought her home and let her out of her cage, she still had a bandage on her arm from the IV. She started shaking her arm like, "get this thing off of me!" :lol: And then after I did, since that area was shaved she just kept licking it. I thought, no matter how much you lick it, the hair isn't going to grow back right away!

u8syb.jpg

Fortunately they were able to keep the sutures inside so there weren't any stitches on the outside for her to bite. However, by keeping them on the inside, her belly looks kind of weird. Kind of like she had a kitty-tummy-tuck or something, since her skin folds inward now.

2duwdv7.jpg

We are trying to keep her from jumping onto high places so she doesn't strain herself and open up her sutures, but it is hard because cats will do whatever they want to. When I was getting her antibiotic pill ready within a couple of hours after bringing her home, while hiding it in some tuna she decided to get a head start and jump up on the kitchen counter. We freaked out because it was way too soon for her to try to jump that high! And giving her the pain medicine is a rather tricky chore, since it is a liquid that needs to be squirt in her mouth. Not the easiest thing to do.

But overall she is doing pretty good, which is a relief. Thanks again everyone for wishing her well. :nice: