✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Au Pairs?

*Sarah*

hey everyone, happy new year! :)

i was wondering if anyone here has ever worked as an au pair. if so, it would be great if you could share your experiences. i'm currently planning to spend a longer time abroad this year and will soon start to look for a host family.

so any advise would be helpful :)

Where are you looking to travel to?

either the UK or ireland ;) my personal favs would be manchester, edinburgh or dublin - or at least somewhere near those cities. but we'll see, i guess i don't really get to choose, because it's really hard to find a host family in general as so many people are looking for one :\

I have no advice for being an au pair, as I have never experienced it, nor been aware of others doing it nearby, but I would recommend you visit Manchester. It's really nice and the people are friendly.

i've been to manchester last year, loved it :nice:

Don't go to Edinburgh, you won't understand a word anyone says up there:laugh3:.

naah, i'm so in love with the scottish accent, hehe :heart: should be alright, i guess. plus, edinburgh is the most beautiful city i've ever seen, it would be great to be there for a couple of months.

:shocked2::veryangry2:"I have no advice for being an au pair, as I have never experienced it, nor been aware of others doing it nearby".......:wtf:...

You lied to me? Liam will be gutted. I thought your CV was a bit dodgy...:inquisitive:

either the UK or ireland ;) my personal favs would be manchester, edinburgh or dublin - or at least somewhere near those cities. but we'll see, i guess i don't really get to choose, because it's really hard to find a host family in general as so many people are looking for one :\

I'd try to get a job as a teaching assistant in the UK. It's better paid and you've got more freedom.

I might be biased though, I worked as a nanny for a little while and I was a bit unlucky with the family. The mother was constantly out and the children's dad was abroad so I was working from 6am - 10pm 5 days a week and didn't even get national minimum wage. I left after a month. :\

naah, i'm so in love with the scottish accent, hehe :heart: should be alright, i guess. plus, edinburgh is the most beautiful city i've ever seen, it would be great to be there for a couple of months.

I really struggle with the Scottish accent, I can't understand a word if it's a really strong accent, I'm ok with Irish though, oddly:confused:.

I'd try to get a job as a teaching assistant in the UK. It's better paid and you've got more freedom.

I might be biased though, I worked as a nanny for a little while and I was a bit unlucky with the family. The mother was constantly out and the children's dad was abroad so I was working from 6am - 10pm 5 days a week and didn't even get national minimum wage. I left after a month. :\

actually, i was thinking about being a teaching assistant as well, because i'm quite experienced with that. the thing is that i would love to live with a host family and i'm not sure if that's possible when you are a teaching assistant.

actually, i was thinking about being a teaching assistant as well, because i'm quite experienced with that. the thing is that i would love to live with a host family and i'm not sure if that's possible when you are a teaching assistant.

Yes, it is. A lot of teaching assistants live with teachers.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/languageassistants-fla.htm

I had to google au pair. :disappointed:

I wish you all the best! :smiley:

I think I'm gonna try and convince all of Coldplaying to move to Manchester, then I can just talk instead of typing.

Uh oh. I think the accent problem would kick in. xD

I've never worked as an au pair.

but as nanny in differing family with children of all ages.

also I was responsible for a workshop of artistic creation, arts modeling with children. they were creating arts after-school and after (homework)

but as an au pair, only thing I can say is to be respected in the family and the family should not confuse you as sevante.

be integrated into the family where you work, is important.

Good luck