✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My dog vomited is now limping. Advice needed pleaseeee

eff-exx

Wow, you've got some pretty nasty ones there:

http://www.tanngethong.com/Medically%20important%20Snakes%20Malaysia/medically_important_poisonous_sn.htm

I think your dog must have a bad stomach though because if it was bitten by any of those it would be much worse, I really hope he or she gets better soon it's horrible when your animals arn't well:cry:.

Haha yes, my friend's family has a new house in some neighbourhood, and there are cobras there. :sick:

Yeah, most probably bad stomach. It's hard to diagnose animals since they can't talk to us about what they're going through.

Thanks a lot! :hug:

:surprised: No, I've never seen those around here. :disappointed:

Yeah, my mum would mix it with something else. The thing is, she doesn't eat much. The second vet we visited gave some liquid medicine for her, and we're supposed to err, use the syringe and feed her, so that it's easier. I hope that would be easy to feed her... 3 people were involved in feeding her that when we were at the vet's; my mum, the vet, and I. Lulz.

Two drinks of water, that's very little! Doesn't she get dehydrated? How active was she? :thinking:

Aw. :hug:

I know. :disappointed: Well, she had just had surgery to replace a muscle in her leg, so she basically laid around for the first week.

Before anyone tries to apply this advice to cats, I would urge caution, as cats can be lactose intolerant.

Trust me if your cat was poisoned by something the least of your fears would be its tolerance to the minl. The milk would help with the poison even if the cat pucked it up or pooed a lot at least the foreign substance would come out with it

Guest howyousawtheworld

I really feel for you Lyvie. Having an ill dog is such a draining experience emotionally but it does not and never will take away the reward you get from caring and owning one.

I hope your dog gets better and that the medicine works. :)

A lot of people mentioned giving milk to the dog, but I learned in my vet class that we aren't supposed to give milk to dogs because it upsets their stomache and it may cause them to puke more...

I suspect that she has a more serious disease, not just a normal one. :|

Aw. :hug:

I know. :disappointed: Well, she had just had surgery to replace a muscle in her leg, so she basically laid around for the first week.

Wow. Must have cost a lot!

So how is she now? :wacko:

I really feel for you Lyvie. Having an ill dog is such a draining experience emotionally but it does not and never will take away the reward you get from caring and owning one.

Thanks yo. :hug:

I hope your dog gets better and that the medicine works. :)

A lot of people mentioned giving milk to the dog, but I learned in my vet class that we aren't supposed to give milk to dogs because it upsets their stomache and it may cause them to puke more...

Thankss. My dog barely drinks or eats, it's hard to even feed her. :disappointed:

I have 5 small dogs there are so high maintainence but its so worth it yes.

:surprised:

I know people will think I stupid.

but it is important to talk and reassure your dog. (maybe eat/drink more)

the comportemnt to be aggressive is because hurt ,scared and lost.

Maybe try to drink with a bottle liquid food (like puppys)

must be hydrated with a damp cloth if possible

I know people will think I stupid.

but it is important to talk and reassure your dog. (maybe eat/drink more)

the comportemnt to be aggressive is because hurt ,scared and lost.

Maybe try to drink with a bottle liquid food (like puppys)

must be hydrated with a damp cloth if possible

It's hard to play with her when she's so moody and down. She looks weak too. We care for her, that's for sure.

We feed her her medicine through a syringe, at first it was hard, but it's getting easier, thank goodness.

I suspect that she has a more serious disease, not just a normal one. :|

Wow. Must have cost a lot!

So how is she now? :wacko:

Aww. :hug:

Did the vet say anything? Like, to come back after a few days, or anything? :sad:

It did. It was like $5,000. :wreck: But she really needed it, she couldn't even put her leg down. She was hobbling along on 3 feet. :sad:

But within a week of the surgery, she could put her foot down a bit. Within a month, she was walking normally but she couldn't run, and within 2 months she was back to normal. She was jumping and running and everything. :wacky:

That was in. . March? :thinking: So now she's completely fine. :nice:

worry too for your sweet dog :(

:smiley:

Aww. :hug:

Did the vet say anything? Like, to come back after a few days, or anything? :sad:

It did. It was like $5,000. :wreck: But she really needed it, she couldn't even put her leg down. She was hobbling along on 3 feet. :sad:

But within a week of the surgery, she could put her foot down a bit. Within a month, she was walking normally but she couldn't run, and within 2 months she was back to normal. She was jumping and running and everything. :wacky:

That was in. . March? :thinking: So now she's completely fine. :nice:

I don't really remember. :uhoh: The first vet said that if she doesn't want to eat her antibiotics, we could bring her back. The second vet said... I don't really remember. :shame:

My mum will be bringing her to another vet tomorrow. I just hope that whatever she's having does not infect my other dog. We're not allowing them to mix now.

That's great! Your dog sounds like a cheerful dog. :wacko: I'm sure that $5000 was worth it.

:smiley:

I don't really remember. :uhoh: The first vet said that if she doesn't want to eat her antibiotics, we could bring her back. The second vet said... I don't really remember. :shame:

My mum will be bringing her to another vet tomorrow. I just hope that whatever she's having does not infect my other dog. We're not allowing them to mix now.

That's great! Your dog sounds like a cheerful dog. :wacko: I'm sure that $5000 was worth it.

Yeah, definitely take her back if she's not better. But be sure to tell the new vet what medication she's currently on and all her previous medical conditions etc.

That's a good idea, just in case she's contagious.

Yeah, she was in a lot of pain. :\ So now she's happy again. For nine years old she's like a big puppy. :lol:

cocooooooo.jpg?t=1297012671

Coco is always watching. :ninja:

It's hard to play with her when she's so moody and down. She looks weak too. We care for her, that's for sure.

We feed her her medicine through a syringe, at first it was hard, but it's getting easier, thank goodness.

I too am following the development of this story and hope that your dog is soon fine.

"Thank goodness it gets easier to feed her her medicine" you wrote. That made me think that practice helps, BUT maybe your dog is already getting better?If so, it might not be necessary to take it to a third vet?

I too am following the development of this story and hope that your dog is soon fine.

"Thank goodness it gets easier to feed her her medicine" you wrote. That made me think that practice helps, BUT maybe your dog is already getting better?If so, it might not be necessary to take it to a third vet?

That's true, Ly, maybe try bringing her back to the second vet? He/She would know best how that medicine should be affecting your dog and would be able to see if that's the medicine working or if it's still the problem with your dog. (sorry if that's worded poorly. . . it's like when I get bronchitis it slowly gets worse, then it gets much better then all of a sudden it's back)

Yeah, she was in a lot of pain. :\ So now she's happy again. For nine years old she's like a big puppy. :lol:

cocooooooo.jpg?t=1297012671

Coco is always watching. :ninja:

Your dog is so cute! :bomb: Hi Coco!

My 10 years old dog (the one that's not sick) is really small, and because she's fat, she looks like a mini pig. :uhoh: Only not pink.

Oh and I haven't mentioned my dog's name. :shame:

The one that's sick is called Ruffles, the other one that's not sick is called Patsy. Both female. :wacky:

Yeah, definitely take her back if she's not better. But be sure to tell the new vet what medication she's currently on and all her previous medical conditions etc.

That's a good idea, just in case she's contagious.

That's true, Ly, maybe try bringing her back to the second vet? He/She would know best how that medicine should be affecting your dog and would be able to see if that's the medicine working or if it's still the problem with your dog. (sorry if that's worded poorly. . . it's like when I get bronchitis it slowly gets worse, then it gets much better then all of a sudden it's back)

It was still hard to hold her down to feed her her medicine. :\

My mum has already brought Ruffles to another vet and admitted her in (it's something like an animal hospital). She will be staying for a few days. The vet said that she is seriously ill and dehydrated. She will be getting blood tests and stuff and also is on drip. I hope she can survive this. :\