✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

My dog vomited is now limping. Advice needed pleaseeee

eff-exx

She vomited her food today and one of her back legs is looking rather weak; she limps a little because of it.

It's Chinese New Year here and so the vet clinics are most probably closed plus it's around half past 8 in the evening.

Can anyone please give some advice on what I (and my parents) should do? :|

well it sounds as if she ate something she shouldn't . Was she outside of the house ? You should get her to drink some milk to coat the stomach just in case. Try with some water. Could she have been struck by a car as you said she's limping ?

Try touching the foot she's limping on to see if it might be broken.

Thanks guys, for the advice!

My mum and I headed out to find a vet, but they were closed. So we went to ask someone we knew, and they gave us an address for an animal hospital quite far away.

Looks like we only can bring her tomorrow morning. :\

^There's a possibility that she ate something wrong. And my dad carried her earlier and rubbed her foot; if there was something wrong, I think he might have realised it. But I'm giving a wild guess that she ate something wrong and is feeling nauseous.

Thanks guys, for the advice!

My mum and I headed out to find a vet, but they were closed. So we went to ask someone we knew, and they gave us an address for an animal hospital quite far away.

Looks like we only can bring her tomorrow morning. :\

^There's a possibility that she ate something wrong. And my dad carried her earlier and rubbed her foot; if there was something wrong, I think he might have realised it. But I'm giving a wild guess that she ate something wrong and is feeling nauseous.

if you think that she ate something wrong then give her a large bowl of milk. My dog ate a poisonous frog once when he got away and the vet said that milk helps to settle the stomach and help whatever it is to float along. I think that will help to settle her stomach. I hope you have some milk, you can try lots of water too but milk is more appealing.

If your dad examined her foot and she didnt howl or try to snap at his hand tdhen its probably not that serious, but monitor her closely. I think she'll be ok. Has she vomitted since she last brought up her food ??

@Lory : Sadly, vets aren't as easy to find as compared to doctors around here.

^Milk, hmm... If she still isn't well tomorrow before we bring her to the vet, I will give her some milk. But it's nearing midnight and I don't think we have milk in the house... /not sure

We gave her water, of course.

She doesn't want to eat. :sad: Her food is left there. I will go check on her.

Heyy, thanks a lot for your advice!

Yeah, we considered that. There doesn't seem to be any bite marks that could be seen. :confused: But she's a little err. Snappy. When I touched her, she barked and snapped at me angrily in a manner she has never acted before. :uhoh:

Oh well, we will be bringing her to the vet tomorrow if she's still not fine.

Thanks Bea! :nice:

My dog has an extremely sensitive stomach; she can't even eat table scraps as they make her throw up.

It seems, as most people said, to be that she ate something bad. . . and don't worry about her not eating (unless it goes on for more than a few days) because dogs are smart and they'll eat if they're hungry.

As to the leg, if it's not related to the nausea, she may have torn some sort of muscle? My dog tore the doggy equivalent of the ACL last year, and they had to do huge surgery.

They basically had to drill into her bones and attach a replacement, synthetic muscle where the muscle she tore was supposed to go.

She barely felt it though, she was back to running in just a month or two! :P

So, what I'm trying to say is, if you get her to the vet as soon as possible, she'll probably be fine. :hug: Veterinary medicine is so advanced that she really should be okay.

And if you have to wait for the vet to open anyway, go there, not the animal hospital. I don't know about your area, but around here they're a rip off. We went there for my dog when she was vomiting non stop for a few hours when she was a puppy, and not only did they take a few hours to admit her, they then did barely anything to help. :| And then they charged us a few thousand dollars. :|

So I hope your dog is better soon, Ly. :hug:

@Lory : Sadly, vets aren't as easy to find as compared to doctors around here.

^Milk, hmm... If she still isn't well tomorrow before we bring her to the vet, I will give her some milk. But it's nearing midnight and I don't think we have milk in the house... /not sure

We gave her water, of course.

She doesn't want to eat. :sad: Her food is left there. I will go check on her.

Heyy, thanks a lot for your advice!

I think :( it's not like Swiss, there are veterinary care 24/24

if not eating is not serious, but drinking water is important. yes gave her milk or water (show always)

and not alone your sweet dog, stay with tonight .

if not eating and not drinking, not are well. and need of comfort.

Did you feed your dog anything bad, such as table scraps?(you're never supposed to feed your dog human food except for rice, veggies, and certain types of meat) It might be something inedible she chewed up such as plastic, that can also cause the vomiting and as for the limping, is it still continuing? Is she/he constantly walking on 3 legs or does she sometimes put that injured leg down? I would definitely go to the vet, she probably stretched a muscle or broke/strained her ankle (if she's a small dog especially, when small dogs jump down from high places or someone drops them, they can break their ankle because their legs are so thin and nimble).

Hope that helps Ly! I love dogs :heart::hug:

edit: i read your other posts and you wrote that she snapped that means go to the vet ASAP ( I legit mean ASAP), it's bothering so much!she's probably in such pain :(

Thanks y'all, for your concern. :heart: :hug: I really appreciate it.

My mum and I brought her to the vet's already. He said that she has a soar throat and no food poisoning (he stuffed something up her ass to check if there's blood :uhoh2:). And the reason why she's limping is because she's weak, just like how we are when we get flu. He gave her an injection and omggg, the way my dog screamed made my ears hurt.

I just hope that we can feed her her antibiotics tomorrow, especially since she doesn't have the mood to eat.

My cat used to throw up a lot so we took it to the vet and he said we needed some special food for it although I can't quite remember why :thinking:

Oh my. I remember watching my teacher's cat throwing up... :uhoh2:

something like that happened to my dog,

he had something stuck in his throat.. my dad had to pull it out :anxious:

Eeek. :anxious:

My dog has an extremely sensitive stomach; she can't even eat table scraps as they make her throw up.

It seems, as most people said, to be that she ate something bad. . . and don't worry about her not eating (unless it goes on for more than a few days) because dogs are smart and they'll eat if they're hungry.

As to the leg, if it's not related to the nausea, she may have torn some sort of muscle? My dog tore the doggy equivalent of the ACL last year, and they had to do huge surgery.

They basically had to drill into her bones and attach a replacement, synthetic muscle where the muscle she tore was supposed to go.

She barely felt it though, she was back to running in just a month or two! :P

So, what I'm trying to say is, if you get her to the vet as soon as possible, she'll probably be fine. :hug: Veterinary medicine is so advanced that she really should be okay.

And if you have to wait for the vet to open anyway, go there, not the animal hospital. I don't know about your area, but around here they're a rip off. We went there for my dog when she was vomiting non stop for a few hours when she was a puppy, and not only did they take a few hours to admit her, they then did barely anything to help. :| And then they charged us a few thousand dollars. :|

So I hope your dog is better soon, Ly. :hug:

Whoa. That sounds like a serious surgery. What breed is your dog?

Thousand dollars... GOSH THAT'S WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. :freak: Sometimes people really overcharge. :wreck:

The vet we went to charged at quite a reasonable price. But he won't be open tomorrow (it's a Sunday derp) and so if we have troubles feeding my dog the antibiotics, I just hope we can shove it down her throat.

The thing is this dog that's sick (I have two dogs), she's previously my brother's dog. But my brother doesn't want her anymore (my brother doesn't stay with me) and so he gave her to us. So most probably we will leave the feeding part to him when he visits us tomorrow. :uhoh:

Hopefully he doesn't scold us for not taking good care of his dog.

It must be hard feeding a dog that has a sensitive stomach... I have another dog that used to be picky on food and gosh, it's terrible when she doesn't eat. But now she eats so much she looks as fat as a mini-pig. -___-

Thank you so much, Christina!

I think :( it's not like Swiss, there are veterinary care 24/24

if not eating is not serious, but drinking water is important. yes gave her milk or water (show always)

and not alone your sweet dog, stay with tonight .

if not eating and not drinking, not are well. and need of comfort.

I wish the veterinary care here is on all the time. But it was a public holiday yesterday, so I wasn't surprised that it was closed. :disappointed:

Thanks Lory!

Did you feed your dog anything bad, such as table scraps?(you're never supposed to feed your dog human food except for rice, veggies, and certain types of meat) It might be something inedible she chewed up such as plastic, that can also cause the vomiting and as for the limping, is it still continuing? Is she/he constantly walking on 3 legs or does she sometimes put that injured leg down? I would definitely go to the vet, she probably stretched a muscle or broke/strained her ankle (if she's a small dog especially, when small dogs jump down from high places or someone drops them, they can break their ankle because their legs are so thin and nimble).

Hope that helps Ly! I love dogs :heart::hug:

edit: i read your other posts and you wrote that she snapped that means go to the vet ASAP ( I legit mean ASAP), it's bothering so much!she's probably in such pain :(

We didn't feed anything bad, but there were a lot of visitors yesterday who came over, and a few kids (Chinese New Year visitors). It's possible that they fed her wrongly, but she was already a little sick before they came. We have a suspicion that she ate my dad's organic fertilizers in the garden.

But the vet said that she doesn't have food poisoning (no perching, no shitting blood), so yeah. Pheww!

My dog is quite active... Maybe she over-exerted her muscles when she wasn't feeling well; thus the limping. :uhoh:

Thanks a lot!

if you think that she ate something wrong then give her a large bowl of milk. My dog ate a poisonous frog once when he got away and the vet said that milk helps to settle the stomach and help whatever it is to float along. I think that will help to settle her stomach. I hope you have some milk, you can try lots of water too but milk is more appealing.

Before anyone tries to apply this advice to cats, I would urge caution, as cats can be lactose intolerant.

Thanks! :nice:

My dog still isn't well. We brought her to see two vets today since she was still vomiting after being given anti-biotic by the first vet. The second vet gave some concoction. I hope the medicine will cure her. :anxious:

Yeah, there are venomous snakes here, but none that I heard of in my neighbourhood.

My dog still isn't well. We brought her to see two vets today since she was still vomiting after being given anti-biotic by the first vet. The second vet gave some concoction. I hope the medicine will cure her. :anxious:

Yeah, there are venomous snakes here, but none that I heard of in my neighbourhood.

Aw. :\

Give the medicine some time though, it may just work slowly.

It's good that you're getting vets to look at her though, so now they're aware of the situation and can give you medicines.

I hope your dog is feeling better soon. :hug:

Aw. :\

Give the medicine some time though, it may just work slowly.

It's good that you're getting vets to look at her though, so now they're aware of the situation and can give you medicines.

I hope your dog is feeling better soon. :hug:

Yeah.

I just hope that my dog wouldn't give us a hard time when we feed her her meds. She's really fierce, now that she's sick.

Thanks a lot, Christina. :hug:

Yeah.

I just hope that my dog wouldn't give us a hard time when we feed her her meds. She's really fierce, now that she's sick.

Thanks a lot, Christina. :hug:

My dog hates taking pills too, so we got her these things called "Pill Pockets"

I don't know if you can get them where you are, but they're perfect if you can.

greenies-pill-pockets-2.jpg

You just stuff the pill in there and roll it into a ball. They taste strongly of either beef or chicken, so the dogs love them. :wacko:

If you can't find those, I'd suggest wrapping the pill in some salami or roast beef. Cheese if you don't have any meat, but I heard somewhere that cheese can make a dog's nose duller? (:shrug:)

My dog was grumpy when she had her surgery too, she wouldn't eat for a week and she only took maybe two drinks of water for a week. It's tough seeing them in pain. :hug:

Wow, you've got some pretty nasty ones there:

http://www.tanngethong.com/Medically%20important%20Snakes%20Malaysia/medically_important_poisonous_sn.htm

I think your dog must have a bad stomach though because if it was bitten by any of those it would be much worse, I really hope he or she gets better soon it's horrible when your animals arn't well:cry:.

My dog hates taking pills too, so we got her these things called "Pill Pockets"

I don't know if you can get them where you are, but they're perfect if you can.

greenies-pill-pockets-2.jpg

You just stuff the pill in there and roll it into a ball. They taste strongly of either beef or chicken, so the dogs love them. :wacko:

If you can't find those, I'd suggest wrapping the pill in some salami or roast beef. Cheese if you don't have any meat, but I heard somewhere that cheese can make a dog's nose duller? (:shrug:)

My dog was grumpy when she had her surgery too, she wouldn't eat for a week and she only took maybe two drinks of water for a week. It's tough seeing them in pain. :hug:

:surprised: No, I've never seen those around here. :disappointed:

Yeah, my mum would mix it with something else. The thing is, she doesn't eat much. The second vet we visited gave some liquid medicine for her, and we're supposed to err, use the syringe and feed her, so that it's easier. I hope that would be easy to feed her... 3 people were involved in feeding her that when we were at the vet's; my mum, the vet, and I. Lulz.

Two drinks of water, that's very little! Doesn't she get dehydrated? How active was she? :thinking: