✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Think prices are high now?

Matter-Eater Lad

I saw a petrol stations selling diesel for 140.9 pence per litre today :o
Aw man, now I have to do TWO conversions to compare this to prices here in $/gallon.

edit: Ummm, that's REALLY expensive, that's more than twice what it is here :uhoh:

thankfully our country is tiny compared to yours! :)
True... just my State is about the same size as England. I don't buy diesel (just regular mid-grade gasoline), but still, that price discrepancy seems extreme. Diesel over here is about $3.70 per gallon, and if I was doing the math right, based on David's post (of 140.9 pence per liter) it would be more like $8.70 over there. That's insane.

I spend about $50 a week on gas... I think that's about £30. Not sure how much people on average pay per week over there, because I'm not sure what the "typical" daily commute is. *asks*

True... just my State is about the same size as England. I don't buy diesel (just regular mid-grade gasoline), but still, that price discrepancy seems extreme. Diesel over here is about $3.70 per gallon, and if I was doing the math right, based on David's post (of 140.9 pence per liter) it would be more like $8.70 over there. That's insane.

I spend about $50 a week on gas... I think that's about £30. Not sure how much people on average pay per week over there, because I'm not sure what the "typical" daily commute is. *asks*

I've always noticed it when I visit the US, Americans seem to have an aversion to diesel, to be fair it does actually get much better milage, although they do sound crap.