✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Think prices are high now?

Matter-Eater Lad

Our government stopped importing and distributing petrol yesterday, everyone is filling up their cars and most stations have run out of petrol. But that's not just because of the prices it's because of fighting between greedy politicians and ministries...they put the entire country to a halt whenever they feel like it.

Should've gotten off of foreign oil years ago

And use what instead?, your vast reserves that peaked in the 1970s and have hardly anything left?.

I think the main thing the USA needs to do is attempt to cut down on it's oil use slightly:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

Almost 3 times as much as China in second place.

And use what instead?, your vast reserves that peaked in the 1970s and have hardly anything left?.

I think the main thing the USA needs to do is attempt to cut down on it's oil use slightly:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ene_oil_con-energy-oil-consumption

Almost 3 times as much as China in second place.

I don't know I'm not a scientist or car maker. I think the thing is that we all know that oil is a limited resource. Even if say nothing comes out of this mid-east revolution in a few decades we're going to run out of oil. Why not just try to find alternative energy sources?

Keep in mind, big oil is still making record profits in the billions. They'll rack the pimps up to $5 a gallon cone summer just to keep it that way.

that is true. It's disgusting how much they make in profits.

I don't know I'm not a scientist or car maker. I think the thing is that we all know that oil is a limited resource. Even if say nothing comes out of this mid-east revolution in a few decades we're going to run out of oil. Why not just try to find alternative energy sources?

I agree we need to find alternatives to oil, but in my opinion people won't start taking it seriously until it becomes a pressing issue, and governments throughout the world are still making far too much money off it to bother at the moment.

i filled up last weekend for $1.45/litre (about 2.5 pounds) thats more than i paid when oil prices were over $US140. but the oil companies always have some lame arse excuse as to why the prices are so high, none of them are justified.

The Aus Dollar has gone up in value, $1.45=£2.5:stunned::P

I also filled up this week and it was £117 which is shockingly expensive.

I agree we need to find alternatives to oil, but in my opinion people won't start taking it seriously until it becomes a pressing issue, and governments throughout the world are still making far too much money off it to bother at the moment.

I agree... it seems it's human nature to wait until the last minute to do anything. If anything perhaps these skyrocketing prices might have people to change since they won't want to pay $5 a gallon (I heard we'll probably hit that by the summer)

With people already tightening their belts with the economy, this is only going to make things much worse because now all that extra money that you get from your job will probably have to go to transportation rather than paying bills.

I agree... it seems it's human nature to wait until the last minute to do anything. If anything perhaps these skyrocketing prices might have people to change since they won't want to pay $5 a gallon (I heard we'll probably hit that by the summer)

With people already tightening their belts with the economy, this is only going to make things much worse because now all that extra money that you get from your job will probably have to go to transportation rather than paying bills.

It's funny, I'm half American and go there a couple of times a year to see family etc, last time I was there I think it was about $3.60 or thereabouts and I still thought wow how cheap is gas here.

In the UK it's now £1.30 per litre, I know US gallons are a bit less than UK ones(how weird is that) but it works out that one US gallon in the UK is £5 which using an exchange rate calculator works out at $8!, most countries in Europe are at a similar price to the UK maybe slightly cheaper it's a rip off, if there was an alternative to an oil driven car that was actually as good as the equalivelent it was to replace I would buy one in a second but I think that's going to be some years off yet, not because I don't believe the tech isn't there, or at least the underpinnings for it, but because the Governments of the World can make more money out of use using oil for the moment which sucks.

Still I partly have myself to blame, it wasn't a very good idea to get a car with horrific milage,luckily I don't drive many miles per year.